06/07 - 2nd Divisions around Europe...

denirobob

IBERIAN PRIMERA
28 June 2002
Henley, Oxfordshire
Hi chaps,

We had a thread like this last year (and possibly the season before that too). A good way to keep people informed about whom we might be seeing in the top flights of Europe in 07/08.... please feel free to contribute information about the teams. For instance I once spent 2 enjoyable days in Amiens a few years back sampling the delights of Picardie's capital.

updated: 14 May

Spain..

1 Valladolid 78
2 Murcia 71
3 Almeria 70

Italy..

1 Juventus 79
2 Genoa 73
---------------
3 Napoli 68
4 Mantova 61
5 Rimini 60
6 Piacenza 60

Germany..

1 Karlsruhe 67
2 Hansa Rostock 59
3 MSV Duisburg 57
----------------
4 SC Freiburg 57
5 SpVgg Greuther Fürth 54

France..

1 Metz 76
2 Strasbourg 67
3 Caen 65
--
4 SC Amiens 63
5 Grenoble 56

Netherlands..

1 De Graafschap 83 - champs

Round 2 (best of 3)

Team #1 Aggregate Team #2 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3
FC Dordrecht C RKC Waalwijk 2-0 0-2
FC Den Bosch D VVV Venlo 1-2 1-0
FC Volendam 3-6 RBC Roosendaal 3-5 0-1 Not played
BV Veendam 0-4 Excelsior 0-1 0-3 Not played

Round 3 (best of 3)

Team #1 Aggregate Team #2 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3
Winner C G Winner D
RBC Roosendaal H Excelsior

Portugal..

1. Leixões 57
2. V. Guimarães 54
---
3. Rio Ave 50

Last edited:
Sunderland and Birmingham have been promoted to the EPL.

This will be good in terms of derby matches in the league (Sunderland vs Newcastle & Birmingham vs Villa).

I'm sooooooooo glad Derby didn't get into the automatic playoff places yesterday! I'd like to see either Wolves or WBA be the third team to be promoted to the EPL.

Karlsruhe are promoted, they'll play in the Bundesliga for the first time in 9 years. Ironically they'll replace Borussia Mönchengladbach, whose win on the last day of the 97/98 season sent KSC down.

Metz are already promoted to Ligue 1.

Real Valladolid are back in La Liga after a few years, they are 26 points ahead of 4th with 7 games left. Looks very likely that Almeria and Murcia will join them within the next couple of matches.

Amazing to see Vitória de Guimarães and Leixões come back to the Liga, both clubs have a big fan base in the north of the country, it will be thought next year! :D

FC Dender promoted from division 2 to the Jupiler League in Belgium.
Very litle team who gain their second promotion in a row...

Lierse or Beveren will relegate to division 2.

The team who is 17th in the Jupiler League (lierse or beveren) will participate in the play-offs with 3 clubs of division 2...possible candidates: Antwerp, Mechelen, Kortrijk.

Mechelen won the ECII in 1988
Antwerp played the final of the UEFA Cup in 1993...

Hi Gerd,

I remember Mechelen (yellow & red stripes, black shorts no?) winning that back in the day!

db

spot on db....final against jax, centre of Ohana (Israëlian), goal from Den Boer.
Captain of that team: Lei Clijsters the father of ex tennis star Kim Clijsters.

I'm sooooooooo glad Derby didn't get into the automatic playoff places yesterday! I'd like to see either Wolves or WBA be the third team to be promoted to the EPL.

We are Premier league say we are Premier league

Back
Top Bottom