1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll (Evo-Web predictions wrong)

1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll

• Netherlands win

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Brazil win

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll

I've always liked the Dutch, and I love the kit they are wearing for this World Cup, but surely it'll be Brazil.

brazil win.

i think
brazil 3-1 netherlands

luifa
robinho
melo

kuyt

I want Holland to win the world cup but I feel Brazil will be the first team to truly test the dubious Dutch defence.

I think it will be Holland 1-2 Brazil

Holland will finally go in higher gear now it's needed and win 2-1.
Robben is just too much for the Brazilians :)

Brazil must not win, so I hope Sneijder & Robben will beat them

May i ask why so many plp here dont want Brazil to win the WC(aside from the bitter args for obivious reasons)? lol
I just think its funny, beacuse ive lived in the USA and Finland, and in both places most plp ive met had Brazil as their second team or had great simpaty for our contry...

Last edited:

That one is obvious I think Bruno, previous success. When you're successful, many people won't want you to succeed further.

It kinda makes sense too. Even as a neutral, I'd prefer if Holland or Spain won it this year rather than Brazil YET again! and considering it's in Brazil 4 years from now and they will be dead favourites to win it then too.

If a team like Holland or Spain won it, it'd be for the 1st time and they are big teams with great players and proud history but having never made it ALL the way.

Nonetheless I hope the best team wins and the most deserving one, but yeah that's why many will be hoping for the Dutch to not only beat Brazil but finally win the World cup.

That one is obvious I think Bruno, previous success. When you're successful, many people won't want you to succeed further.

It kinda makes sense too. Even as a neutral, I'd prefer if Holland or Spain won it this year rather than Brazil YET again! and considering it's in Brazil 4 years from now and they will be dead favourites to win it then too.

If a team like Holland or Spain won it, it'd be for the 1st time and they are big teams with great players and proud history but having never made it ALL the way.

Nonetheless I hope the best team wins and the most deserving one, but yeah that's why many will be hoping for the Dutch to not only beat Brazil but finally win the World cup.

I c, very well explained my friend... makes a lot of sense.. i evan thought about that, but i didnt see that many plp wanting Barcelona to lose, thats why i kind of ruled this theory out, but indeed it makes a lot of sense.

Brazilian arrogance might be a reason. :ROLL:

I hope Holland win but I doubt it unless they play on the very top of their game.

I doubt van Marjwik will play openly and rightly so but like Queiroz and North Korea and hit on the counter.

Brazilian arrogance might be a reason. :ROLL:

I hope Holland win but I doubt it unless they play on the very top of their game.

I doubt van Marjwik will play openly and rightly so but like Queiroz and North Korea and hit on the counter.

Arrogance?
Imo its arrogant to label 190 millio plp....but its your call, i never heard brazilians were labelled arrogant by anyone, actually we are label as friendly and happy, far from arrogant... Again i think u didnt understand the "bitter" as a joke.

Well in my case I want Brazil to loose because I am from Holland.
@Albiceleste, I certainly believe van Marwijk will not play as open as Chili ( Nice team to watch, BTW ). Holland has fast forwards with very good quality, so playing on the counter makes sense. It's just similar to the way Brazil plays.
I expect some kind of chess-game with cautious football from both sides until one of the teams score. After that goal it urges the loosing team to attack, opening the game. The form of the day will decide who wins.

I don't get it either Brunnoce, all I know is that sometimes sucks to be the one everybody expect a lot and other teams play against us like is the game of their freaking life, saying: oh here comes the almighty Brazil but if eventually they won everybody have a laugh and bring the whole thing to the completely opposite, like: oh thats the almighty Brazil? They suck!
All I know is that we are neither the underdogs nor the almightys, and yeah I wonder where that Brazilian arrogance come from? Of course theres a twat here or there but there are twats all around the world.

Let them come here in 2014 and see from themselves what kinda of twats brazilians are.

Last edited:

i think that the Netherlands will win
Netherlands 2-1 Brazil
Robben to score both goals :))

May i ask why so many plp here dont want Brazil to win the WC(aside from the bitter args for obivious reasons)? lol
I just think its funny, beacuse ive lived in the USA and Finland, and in both places most plp ive met had Brazil as their second team or had great simpaty for our contry...
About me, because Brazil won 5 times and Italy 4 times. I prefer to have only 1 trophy difference between them and us.
But I don't hate brazilians, I like JC, Lucio, Maicon, Kaka, etc. ;)
To be honest I prefer "a team with few WC wins", like Argentina or Netherlands, rather than the pentacampeao ;)

EDIT: thinking also that Brazil will probably win in 2014...

Well the reason Why I think most ppl in the US loves brasil NT has to do w/ the relationship we have .Must be the Washington D.C. call to bring pele here in the late 60`s :LOL: I figure bunch of Londoners too since Brasil home stadium in Europe is Emirates

I want Holland to win because they have never won the World Cup before. The Dutch have given so much to the game of football in terms of revolutionising tactics back in the 70's and their general attacking style of play that I think they deserve some success. Plus I like Holland and the Dutch people.

Nothing against Brazil at all but I want to see a new member of the World Cup winners club, and also a European winner outside Europe for the first time ever. If Holland can beat Brazil I think they can go all the way.

Well the reason Why I think most ppl in the US loves brasil NT has to do w/ the relationship we have .Must be the Washington D.C. call to bring pele here in the late 60`s :LOL: I figure bunch of Londoners too since Brasil home stadium in Europe is Emirates

Hahaha, very true, Brazil is an english team nowdays.. they play a lot more in england(Emirates) than down here...

Thanx for the explanations guys, perfectly undertandable... i was just getting this wrong vibe from the messages lol

I am a big supporter of Holland, but it breaks my heart that Brazil's paths cross with theirs so frequently.

The last great Dutch team was in 98 with Bergkamp and Kluivert. They were very close to winning that WC losing to us in the penalty shootout. Hell, seeing as we got hammered 3-0 by France I would have enjoyed it much more if Holland reached that final.

Apart from wanting badly to see Brazil champions again, if Holland beat us I will support them for the rest of the tournament.

I think Brazil will win. Dunga seems to have built a strong defensive spine. I can't help but see Holland's defence being fragile.

I hope our players can rise to the occasion for this game. If they do we have every chance of beating this Brazil side.

by the way both teams play, I dont expect any goal from this game... it either will finish 1-0 or 0-0 on penalty, as both team plays with a solid defensive midfield pair, I dont really expect any break down...its either will be a piece of magic or a goalies mistake... but you can never predict a football match...=p

I think Brazil will win. Dunga seems to have built a strong defensive spine. I can't help but see Holland's defence being fragile.

Looks like he took notes on the Italians of `06wc ,because this is not the all out attacking Brasil I grew up watching. Their more careful then careless almost conservative in their approach. He must be a serie A fan :P

I'll stick to our neighbours in the Netherlands. 2-1 after 90 minutes. Current generation is playing a fantastic football(they did not even a bit of it at the WC) and they would deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom