1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll (Evo-Web predictions wrong)

1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll

• Netherlands win

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Brazil win

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1/4 - Netherlands vs Brazil - poll

I would want Netherlands to win because the history owes them a world cup. The last time both met in a world cup, they were better than Brazil in my oppinion and Brazil lately is playing too speculative, as if they are more worried of defneding than attakcing.

That said, I think Brazil is the most solid team in the world cup, but I prefer by far the netherlands (and spain) style of play. Plus, Robben is one of my favorite players.

PS: To brunnoce, there have been a lot of brazilians making history here at barcelona, but our roots come from the netherlands. Our best moments in history (last seasons appart) have happeneed thanks to dutch people, so we adore them. We love brazil, too, but not as much.

The predict I just posted.
Holland 0-1 Brazil (away) :CONF:
The :CONF: Represent my tension during the game.
I believe we can make it but would be surprise if we didn't.
Oh and are we playing in Yellow or Blue?
Cause I don't wanna get colors wrong in the predict, yea I'm that superstitious :LMAO:

@sauce

Holland will play at "home" - you will play blue.

@drekkard

also let's not forget Holland have the chance to do what only Uruguay 1930 managed - to win a World Cup with 100% wins. Except for Uruguay that meant 4, Holland are already up 12 consecutive wins...

Looks like he took notes on the Italians of `06wc ,because this is not the all out attacking Brasil I grew up watching. Their more careful then careless almost conservative in their approach. He must be a serie A fan :P

The all-out attacking Brazil has not been seen for many years now. Samba football is more of a myth these days, Brazil are very European tactically. Brazil is the biggest exporter of footballers in the world, the majority of which end up in Europe where pace and power is valued more highly than it is in South America. Is it any surprise that Brazil are now a counter attacking, quick and strong team?

@sauce

@drekkard

also let's not forget Holland have the chance to do what only Uruguay 1930 managed - to win a World Cup with 100% wins. Except for Uruguay that meant 4, Holland are already up 12 consecutive wins...
Brazil in 1970 and 2002?

What do you mean? 100% Wins in Qualifiers and also in the WC?

@sauce

@drekkard

Brazil won all the games in the 2002 WC ...1970 too...

Can't WAIT for this match!! It's like a final and I can see either team not only winning this but winning the World cup.

Should be very interesting and I think both teams will massively respect each other and even though they won't admit (like in pre-interviews, be very cautious and scared of the other as both know quite well, their opponents are very capable)

Can't WAIT for this match!! It's like a final and I can see either team not only winning this but winning the World cup.

Should be very interesting and I think both teams will massively respect each other and even though they won't admit (like in pre-interviews, be very cautious and scared of the other as both know quite well, their opponents are very capable)

whats your result PLF?

Best ball through of the WC incredible Melo did well on that and Robinho just needed a smooth control hit to go 1 up.

the Dutch are not that far off ,but Robben needs to pass it to Robin ffs he never gets the ball w/ robben huggin it. Robben had 2 chances to have a crack at it.

I think the ref will have a tough time I see more dives from the brasil side than their Olympic dive team

Holland wins 2-1 :BOP:
A favorite does not win all the time ;)
First half Brazil was better, second half was for Holland.
Great match, second half was the best we played in the tournament.

I didn`t see Brasil afraid more of very angry brasil and that made them lose focus Melo red was due to Robben baiting him. Even calm kaka was getting upset. You can`t play mind games w/ a team if you lose your temper the dutch were cool like cucumbers

Dutch vs Brazil

Last edited:
I didn`t see Brasil afraid more of very angry brasil and that made them lose focus Melo red was due to Robben baiting him. Even calm kaka was getting upset. You can`t play mind games w/ a team if you lose your temper the dutch were cool like cucumbers
I think you will not argue with that red card, do you? He stamped on Robben!
We were not that cool though... we got 3 big chances in the final 10 minutes and missed them all. Holland was nervous too :)

That's what I mean by afraid. Holland players were jumping on every foul, and brazilians were getting upset so easily. The team was nervous, that lead to angry, and it's just because of being afraid to lose. They should stand on the pitch like champions, like Brazil, and own the game. These players were afraid to own the game.
The dutch should get nervous, as they were facing Brazil, not the opposite.

I think this kind of arrogance cost them in 2006. This time it might've been what you said to some extent. You can lose against the Netherlands, they are quite a good team.

Yes, that can be understood as an arrogance said liek that, but think.

You are the bigger team (in terms of tradition) and are winning at half time. How should you act????
Show you are bigger. Make the opposition afraid. That's not arrogance, that's knowing how to use the shirt you're wearing...

I think you will not argue with that red card, do you? He stamped on Robben!
We were not that cool though... we got 3 big chances in the final 10 minutes and missed them all. Holland was nervous too :)

red card was spot on Melo should of been arrested :LOL: pt was he was fuming by the time he stomp on him he try to stomp on him on the down low :JAY:

3 big chance to me: was like no hurry lets pass it around...when Kuyt dribbles around the Brasil defence and ran to score, sorry but Brasil lost the plot! Kuyt ffs! KUYT having a go is embarassing!!

Stekelenburg`s save kept them in

Last edited:

I'll stick to our neighbours in the Netherlands. 2-1 after 90 minutes. Current generation is playing a fantastic football(they did not even a bit of it at the WC) and they would deserve it.

:ROCK:

Anyone else wants to show his predictions? O_o^^

congrats holland!
Imo u guys were cold temper and lucky for that 1st goal, wich imo was a turning point of the macth.... not saying u didnt deserve at all... but imo u guys "found" that goal.

Julio Cesar let-down and then Melo goes ahead and shows why he's so stupid.

Brazil lost the match themselves by shotting themselves in foot and making costly mistakes.

Well done Holland. Now you have one foot in the final against a tired Suarez-less Uruguay.

Brazil lost the match themselves by shotting themselves in foot and making costly mistakes.

Well done Holland. Now you have one foot in the final against a tired Suarez-less Uruguay.
Yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. Interesting how Holland focused on the defensively weaker left side (Robinho, Melo and Bastos) after half-time and got their reward in the end.

Yeah very true mate, Brazil were in control of the first half, but after the 1-1 they lost their temper and their confidence.

It's funny that the day before the match Sneijder was asked in an interview what the weak spot of Julio Cesar was, and he answered that he was an amazing goalie on the line, but weak in dealing with high balls into the box. Turned out he was completely right :TU:

Not only for this macth, but imo Julio Cesar was THE let down of the world cup... one so called "Best gk in the world" didnt make any save that impressed me, like that save of stekelemburg on kaka's shot in the 1st half.

I think you are too hard in your judgement.
Reading various forums there are many Brazilians who completely break off their national team. I understand you guys are very disappointed but Brazil have so many good players that they can make two equally strong national teams.
That makes the choice for Dunga so hard.

A football-match do not always end in a win for the favorites, that makes the game so interesting.

You won the title 5 times, but history is no insurance for new successes.

We in Holland think we win easily from Uruguay but I think we must be carefull not to become a next victum from a surprising result. Uruguay is a tough team and we need to play like in the second half against Brazil to make a chance.

If we succeed, I hope we can finally win the cup for the first time :)

Back
Top Bottom