1/4 - Uruguay vs Ghana - poll (Evo-Web predictions wrong)

1/4 - Uruguay vs Ghana - poll

• Uruguay win

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Ghana win

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's no justice in this world. FIFA should consider a better punishment for such an offence. There's no disincentive in this situation for Suarez to handle it, when he could've headed it off the line instead.

Exactly.

It was PURE instinctive though. I know for a fact, I would've done the exact same thing at that exact same time being in that situation and seeing the ball coming to you. So I can't blame him too much.

Point is, he got the punishment he deserves and will even miss the next match. Ghana failed to convert a golden opportunity. Gyan in particular. It's sad, and unfair but within the laws of the game, the ref did do the most he could. IT's not like he could say, no PK, and reward a goal instead.

agreed +1 Saurez missing the most important game of is life is punishment and Cyan missed pen was funny I laugh he was the hero vs US (well deserve too) and the Gk kissing the cross bar made me squirt :LOL:

That should be a straight red and a goal, not a penalty. FIFA should start changing their rules to things more appropriate. Saying Gyan had his chance is bollocks. They already had their chance which was an obvious ball going into the net, which was cheatingly stopped by Suarez using his hands. To send him off and drop the ball back to a spot and tell Ghana to try their luck again is just bullshit.

That should be a straight red and a goal, not a penalty. FIFA should start changing their rules to things more appropriate. Saying Gyan had his chance is bollocks. They already had their chance which was an obvious ball going into the net, which was cheatingly stopped by Suarez using his hands. To send him off and drop the ball back to a spot and tell Ghana to try their luck again is just bullshit.

This.

The one match ban is wrong, too. It kind of justifies cheating, i.e. Suarez took one for the team knowing he could still play in the final. Anyone cheating in such a blatant manner should be banned for the rest of the tournament.

I really think it's a shame how they're celebrating Suarez for his (let's face it) unfair action! I wouldn't say anything if he just went off the field and that's it. But he and his teammates are celebrating like: "Look at our hero! He saved our asses with an unfair safe!"

why a goal for intent it didn`t cross the line. I`ve seen perfect goals not given 3 in my short memory. That was the ref`s fault what rule is said about a handball blocking from goal I mean this is the second handball blocking in the tourney both saw red according to what took place and both got a penalty only 1 missed . Uruguay broke brasilian fans many years ago and they silents the Whole Africa not bad for a country of 3 mil :SMUG:

How can you allow a goal if the ball didn't pass the line? It will be absurd, against the basic football goal rule.

EDIT: beboq was faster than me.

Then they should give a direct free-kick on the line, with no goalkeeper. :COOL:
Yeah, something like a penalty without the keeper :LOL:

Anyway, this is what I think about tonight: ok, Suarez is a cheater (who will pay, he will be banned for at least a match, missing the important match against Holland), but I bet you would make the same (as PLF said, it's instinct) to save your team, your country or your continent, because Uruguay can be the only South American country in final legs (by now, Uruguay after 40 years is in semifinals) if Argentina will exit: I'm seeing a lot of person and the journalists too biased toward Ghana, despite (IMO) Uruguay was one of most interesting team in this WC (to me one of better surprise).
And if Gyan Asamoah would score that penalty, nobody would complain about Suarez. So, let's criticize Suarez but let's criticize also Gyan who kicked the PK to the sky instead of try a normal shot. And, to end, Muslera deserve some credit also for the penalty stopped, he was a calamity since a year ago, but now seems a good keeper, probably one of the best of this WC (talking about performances).
P.S. I'm not an Uruguay supporter, neither a Ghana hater (in fact, I'm sad for K.Asamoah and Muntari, who play in Serie A).

Last edited:
FUCK URUGUAY AND FUCK SUAREZ THE FUCKING DIRTY CHEATING CUNT!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE HIS LEGS ARE BROKEN AND HE NEVER PLAYS FOOTBALL AGAIN THE BASTARD!!!!! THAT WAS THE WORST CASE OF CHEATING IN ANY KIND OF SPORT I HAVE WITNESSED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! GHANA WERE ROBBED!! THAT WAS MEANT TO BE HISTORIC TONIGHT FOR ALL THE AFRICANS, BUT NO THOSE FUCKING CHEATS STOLE IT FROM US. THEIR A FUCKING DISGRACE. THIS TOURNAMENT IS IN A SHAMBLES NOW DUE TO THOSE FIFA CLOWNS, NO POINT IN WATCHING THE REST NOW!!! :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:
:FAIL:

First of all, it was offside.

YouTube - Suárez MITO GENIO, evitando o gol de Gana

It was a guaranteed goal. A penalty kick is not a fair offer in return for a legitimate goal had it not been fucking volleyball punted off the line. Pathetic. He is disgusting and whats worse is he will no doubt become a national hero. He should be banned from international football for that sickening lack of sportsmanship. If any Ghanian player had done the same my reaction would also be exactly the same. There is no room whatsoever in professional sports for such an outright revolting case of cheating.

I agree. And what's the good of Suarez getting sent off? If he did it in the 1st minute and Ghana played against ten men for the rest of the game then fine. But sending someone off with seconds of the game left isn't going to help Ghana at all.

Suarez denied a CERTAIN goal, not a goalscoring OPPORTUNITY and that's the difference. If it's obvious that, without the cheating, the ball was going in then the goal should be given regardless IMO.

. And, to end, Muslera deserve some credit also for the penalty stopped, he was a calamity since a year ago, but now seems a good keeper, probably one of the best of this WC (talking about performances).
P.S. I'm not an Uruguay supporter, neither a Ghana hater (in fact, I'm sad for K.Asamoah and Muntari, who play in Serie A).

Muslera has also improved so much this season in Serie A. I'm beginning to really like him.

why a goal for intent it didn`t cross the line. I`ve seen perfect goals not given 3 in my short memory. That was the ref`s fault what rule is said about a handball blocking from goal I mean this is the second handball blocking in the tourney both saw red according to what took place and both got a penalty only 1 missed . Uruguay broke brasilian fans many years ago and they silents the Whole Africa not bad for a country of 3 mil :SMUG:

How can you allow a goal if the ball didn't pass the line? It will be absurd, against the basic football goal rule.

EDIT: beboq was faster than me.

Here's your answer.
I agree. And what's the good of Suarez getting sent off? If he did it in the 1st minute and Ghana played against ten men for the rest of the game then fine. But sending someone off with seconds of the game left isn't going to help Ghana at all.

Suarez denied a CERTAIN goal, not a goalscoring OPPORTUNITY and that's the difference. If it's obvious that, without the cheating, the ball was going in then the goal should be given regardless IMO.

You can't allow a goal that wasn't ,but if the ref really wanted to do justice he could have bended the rules and made up a reason why the penalty should have been repeated. Players enter the penalty box all the time at penalties, and according to the official rules that's an offence. I think that's what i would have done. It's bending the rules but only by being too strict to the regulations.

Also... yeah Surez should get a two-match ban.

I rooted for Ghana, froze on the Gyan penalty, but i have to admit - this Suarez thing is by far the most spectacular thing to happen at this World Cup. And that's pure instinct. Let's not start calculating the speed needed in order to make a CONSCIOUS decision in that matter. It's absurde. That was just a footbaler, stretched after playing 120 minutes, only thinking "don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score " and when the ball came a second time he just stretched WHATEVER he could to make sure they "don't score" - no time to calculate "am i sure i can hit it with my head?" and such.

You can't allow a goal that wasn't ,but if the ref really wanted to do justice he could have bended the rules and made up a reason why the penalty should have been repeated. Players enter the penalty box all the time at penalties, and according to the official rules that's an offence. I think that's what i would have done. It's bending the rules but only by being too strict to the regulations.

Also... yeah Surez should get a two-match ban.

I rooted for Ghana, froze on the Gyan penalty, but i have to admit - this Suarez thing is by far the most spectacular thing to happen at this World Cup. And that's pure instinct. Let's not start calculating the speed needed in order to make a CONSCIOUS decision in that matter. It's absurde. That was just a footbaler, stretched after playing 120 minutes, only thinking "don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score don't score " and when the ball came a second time he just stretched WHATEVER he could to make sure they "don't score" - no time to calculate "am i sure i can hit it with my head?" and such.

This is by far the best text I've read about this in the whole internet. I completely agree.

Here's your answer.
I know that was a clear goal, buy my question is: who will assign you the goal? To the ghanaian who kicked? To the refereer? To Blatter?
It will be an absurd rule, because according to football rules the ball needs to pass physically the line, to be considered a goal.

And, for what I know, rules are equal between 1st minute and 120th minute. If Suarez did that at 50:00 nobody will bother. He cheated, ok, but we can't create a new rule that will assign a "phantom goal", that physically never existed. It will be an absurd, scientifically speaking.

That's not an offside. Only parts of the body was ahead and its always in the favor of the attacker.

Not if you follow the rules:
In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following defi nitions apply:
• “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s
head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the
ball and the second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this
definition
The yellow lines in the video make it clear.

I know that was a clear goal, buy my question is: who will assign you the goal? To the ghanaian who kicked? To the refereer? To Blatter?
It will be an absurd rule, because according to football rules the ball needs to pass physically the line, to be considered a goal.

And, for what I know, rules are equal between 1st minute and 120th minute. If Suarez did that at 50:00 nobody will bother. He cheated, ok, but we can't create a new rule that will assign a "phantom goal", that physically never existed. It will be an absurd, scientifically speaking.

Err.. it was on its way into the goal if it wasn't for Suarez's hands on the goal line. If it wasn't for that cheating way it was on its way in and according to the rules he can't use his hands.

How hard is it to make a rule that states a goal which is stopped illegaly with the hands of any outfield player on goal-line should be given as a goal and the player sent off?

That's not absurd and not one bit. The only thing absurd is the damn rules and that shit that happened.

If that same thing happened any time during the game I would've said exactly the same. Just because the rules say so it doesn't mean its gospel. So many shit that don't make sense is in but we go on with it because we can't change them.

it`s a funny ole game. Africa team didn`t go through you give a pen to them for every match too and if they can`t score.... it`s not meant to be. :BOP:

You're just happy they're out because of what they've done to you ;)

Anyway, good luck for both of you next time.

it`s a funny ole game. Africa team didn`t go through you give a pen to them for every match too and if they can`t score.... it`s not meant to be. :BOP:
Don't remember them needed a penalty to knock you yanks out. :YAWN:

How hard is it to make a rule that states a goal which is stopped illegaly with the hands of any outfield player on goal-line should be given as a goal and the player sent off?

Football needs something similar to the goaltending violation in basketball.:))

Back
Top Bottom