1/8 - Spain vs Portugal - poll (Evo-Web predictions wrong)

1/8 - Spain vs Portugal - poll

• Spain win

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Portugal win

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1/8 - Spain vs Portugal - poll

Spain don't look like a smooth well oiled machine at the moment but can click into gear any time.

I'd like to see an open attacking game but I think Queiroz will adopt a defensive stance and generally speaking such derbies are very close and tense.

Penalties I think. Casillas should be replaced by Reina. Portugual's Eduardo has been superb so far.

I'm hoping on a close win by Portugal. We have proved to be very good defensive, and if we have the chance to counter we are very dangerous on the attack too. Yep Eduardo has been fantastic, totally not expected.

I think it's all down to styles. Portugal will do the only thing they do: defend and put long balls crossing the fingers Cristiano scores one.

Spain will do what they're doing, trying to retain possession without much depth and struggling because of a system that clearly doesn't fit into this style (two DMFs??? why???).

Spain will try to win the match and Portugal will try to make profit of mistakes. Lately, an contrary to my liking, the latter is winning in the world of football. Sad but true.

I think Portugal could and should play more offensive and not simply counter-attacking and Spain should try to be more direct and look for the goal more often rather than simply retaining possession in the back line.

I think it's all down to styles. Portugal will do the only thing they do: defend and put long balls crossing the fingers Cristiano scores one.

Spain will do what they're doing, trying to retain possession without much depth and struggling because of a system that clearly doesn't fit into this style (two DMFs??? why???).

Spain will try to win the match and Portugal will try to make profit of mistakes. Lately, an contrary to my liking, the latter is winning in the world of football. Sad but true.

I think Portugal could and should play more offensive and not simply counter-attacking and Spain should try to be more direct and look for the goal more often rather than simply retaining possession in the back line.

I agreed on those FACTS! Ronaldo free kicks are the worst I seen in the whole tourney :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom