10 Things That Suck About the Videogame Industry

sure i've broken laws, in fact ive done everything you have posted, however the difference buddy is that i knew that i was breaking the law.... i dont see the same sentiment here

The sentiment you're so significantly failing to grasp, is that you're a hypocrite to preach to people in this thread what they should or shouldn't do when you yourself pick and choose which laws to follow.

It's irrelevant that the particular debate is about video game piracy or downloading music, if you break laws yourself you have no place telling people that if they download something illegally their acts are "illegal, unethical and immoral", it's called hypocrisy it stinks, it stinks in politicians, it stinks in religious charlatans and it especially stinks in Joe Schmoe forum posters such as yourself.

The sentiment you're so significantly failing to grasp, is that you're a hypocrite to preach to people in this thread what they should or shouldn't do when you yourself pick and choose which laws to follow.

It's irrelevant that the particular debate is about video game piracy or downloading music, if you break laws yourself you have no place telling people that if they download something illegally their acts are "illegal, unethical and immoral", it's called hypocrisy it stinks, it stinks in politicians, it stinks in religious charlatans and it especially stinks in Joe Schmoe forum posters such as yourself.
has nothing to do with my point. My main point is that the music and video game industry is VERY much hurt from piracy. I dont download illegal games or music anymore, i did it in the past. We are all human, but this isnt opinion. This is fact of law. Downloading music and videos you dont own is illegal, its illeagal for a reason. This has nothing to do with me preaching, its a fact of law. Im not telling you what to do, you can download all of the shit you want too, i could care less what you do in your life. I just dont want people to read this forum and think its ok or perfectley leagal to download music and videos adn that this forum is ok with that? Are you mods?

gomito, why do you have a chip on your shoulder? So far in this thread no one has said that it is OK to illegally download stuff you don't own.

gomito, why do you have a chip on your shoulder? So far in this thread no one has said that it is OK to illegally download stuff you don't own.

sorry mate, but im pretty sure tiki was saying that exaclty, i like to play the devils advocate, always have

"Music downloads are the same, Ive downloaded loads of albums just because Ive liked the name, most of the time its turned out to be crap and binned. I would never have even bothered buying it in a shop, so they havent lost a sale."

Last edited:
Thanks for ignoring the other part of my post that says its illegal........

Honestly, everytime I end up in a discussion with you you always just ignore half of it to try to make a point.

i like to play the devils advocate

There's a difference between playing devils advocate and ignoring half of what people say and the point they are making.

You thoughts are as follows; downloading is illegal, downloading is hurting the industry by losing sales.

Im countering that by saying downloading can also work as a means to get attention/publicity and that if I download an album I would never have bought the industry hasnt lost a sale. It was never going to happen in the first place.

But then why let that point cloud your soapbox theatrics.

Also there is a big difference between downloading and spreading. Downloading isnt illigal over here, spreading is. I don't spread music.

Thanks for ignoring the other part of my post that says its illegal........

Honestly, everytime I end up in a discussion with you you always just ignore half of it to try to make a point.

There's a difference between playing devils advocate and ignoring half of what people say and the point they are making.

You thoughts are as follows; downloading is illegal, downloading is hurting the industry by losing sales.

Im countering that by saying downloading can also work as a means to get attention/publicity and that if I download an album I would never have bought the industry hasnt lost a sale. It was never going to happen in the first place.

But then why let that point cloud your soapbox theatrics.

Also there is a big difference between downloading and spreading. Downloading isnt illigal over here, spreading is. I don't spread music.

"Im countering that by saying downloading can also work as a means to get attention/publicity and that if I download an album I would never have bought the industry hasnt lost a sale. It was never going to happen in the first place. "

i addressed this as I think its a flawed argument,i do agree about getting publicity, but i think bands do this and say download all you want legally, i.e. radiohead, its not implied that everything is fair game(some artists would cringe at allowing there music available for free) , sorry mate dont mean to be harsh at all, just trying ot make a point. Are you sure downloading isnt illegal over there? I mean if no one wanted to use illegal drugs there wouldn't be any drug dealers... Over here it certainly is.. i thought the EU has similair copyright laws... I mean that doesnt make any sense. if thats true then i can see why the industry is losing so much money. If its not illegal for me to download the latest games and movies, then why on earth would i pay for them....

Last edited:
It is for games and movies, but music so far has only been illegal to spread; torrent,kazaa,ect.

However recently a judge found in favour of a music company/artist (cant remember), even though it was against the actual national laws. So it's still up in the air, with Sweden moving to make all downloads legal!

Oh and we have legal drugs and legal drugdealers over here aswell :D

It is for games and movies, but music so far has only been illegal to spread; torrent,kazaa,ect.

However recently a judge found in favour of a music company/artist (cant remember), even though it was against the actual national laws. So it's still up in the air, with Sweden moving to make all downloads legal!

Oh and we have legal drugs and legal drugdealers over here aswell :D

:)

Well last I heard it's only a proposal and the items would be for personal use only, would pretty much end a market for music/videos/games in Sweden though.......

yeah i agree, could have some unwanted effects, mainly effecting the people who dont download

Found it strange aswell from Sweden, maybe they would just have a national tax to compensate the copyright holders. Over here in NL we have an extra tax on empty discs (dvd/cd) which goes to copyright holders. They know most of the discs get used to burn music/games/movies so they compensate for it with the tax.

Back
Top Bottom