10MB NTL Great For PES5 Online

africanshox

Non-League
12 April 2002
anyone got 10mb from ntl yet....just got mine and the upload is 512 which is great for pes5 online....current 3mb users get the upgrade for free while if you are on 2mb they will upgrade it to 10 mb but you pay the current 3mb price.

by the way if nayone plans to phone CS and ask them for an upgrade ...some of them will just tell ya that you wont get it till dec at the earliest some will even say nxt year. however i found that if you ring and say that you were in the process of upgrading to 10mb and your phone got cut off they will do it for ya.

ive got 10meg, makes sod all difference, 10meg to 10meg though maybe better.

Tbh I'm perfectly happy with my 2mb download, but they think thats all that matters. I would rather they concentrate on increasing upload speeds as my current 256kb/s is laughable compared to what countries in the rest of europe and the world get.

To upgrade or not couple of quick questions if you dont mind do you get your connection through stb or a modem? and when you upgraded did they confirm it was a hard cap of 75gb a month?

Last edited:
africanshox said:
well the 512 im getting is better than the 256 previously

I thought it was 384kbps
As im with Blueyonder(telewest) and got our free upgrade to 10MB last month.

it can be 10meg all you like, its all about the upload and upload ratio's for ntl and blueyonder suck, as will other ADSL users.

Telewest are probably the best home user service by a long way tho.

I have 10meg but it aint going to make pes5 any better.

Right i bit the bullet rang up NtL asked to be upgraded to 10mb they said ok be done in a hour, a hour later im getting 3mb rang back up today and the polite customer service agent said 10mb isnt available until December for any customers! As much i i told her i know different she persisted with her line, end of call! :roll: ](*,)

Any sugestions...?

well i tested the upload speeds and it is 512 coz im getting up speeds of 55-60k a sec. The CS did confirm that the cap would be 75gb a month. But apparently the service is coming donw in price from 37.99 to 34.99

it depends on what areas u live in.

I know telwest have enabled most of the lines to 10meg if needed.

Back
Top Bottom