1920x1080 on my HDTV - Finally.

D

dbeanerz

Pardon if this is common knowledge, but I've spent a good chunk of the last three nights in my spare time trying to figure out how get this game sitting pretty on my HDTV.

I have a SONY 34" WS/HDTV as well as a 17" LCD monitor, on a 7800GT NVIDIA card. Since getting PES6 and realizing the customization options provided from this community, frankly I've fallen in love. I even got a USB adapter to use my old Playstation 2 controller.

But even with Kitserver I've not been able to get this thing running on my HDTV, except if the resolution was at 640x480. Even with custom resolutoins through kload.cfg I was having trouble. So I wanted to share/remind people who are attempting to use a larger monitor as their primary for the game...

All I had to do was make my HDTV my primary display through my control panel settings, and 1920x1080 among other resolutions were available in the PES6 settings. Using this resolution as well as the VERY HIGH detail settings in LODMIXER have presented this game as damn near NEXT GEN in my opinion. This of course with stadium/kit/ball patches, but I'm blown away by the picture and performance.

Ultimately just a little tip for anyone who couldn't find it like I was unable too, and a vote of confidence as PES6 for PC is the best football game I've ever played and/or seen so far.

Thanks to all of you in the community who make this game so great!

Pardon if this is common knowledge, but I've spent a good chunk of the last three nights in my spare time trying to figure out how get this game sitting pretty on my HDTV.

I have a SONY 34" WS/HDTV as well as a 17" LCD monitor, on a 7800GT NVIDIA card. Since getting PES6 and realizing the customization options provided from this community, frankly I've fallen in love. I even got a USB adapter to use my old Playstation 2 controller.

But even with Kitserver I've not been able to get this thing running on my HDTV, except if the resolution was at 640x480. Even with custom resolutoins through kload.cfg I was having trouble. So I wanted to share/remind people who are attempting to use a larger monitor as their primary for the game...

All I had to do was make my HDTV my primary display through my control panel settings, and 1920x1080 among other resolutions were available in the PES6 settings. Using this resolution as well as the VERY HIGH detail settings in LODMIXER have presented this game as damn near NEXT GEN in my opinion. This of course with stadium/kit/ball patches, but I'm blown away by the picture and performance.

Ultimately just a little tip for anyone who couldn't find it like I was unable too, and a vote of confidence as PES6 for PC is the best football game I've ever played and/or seen so far.

Thanks to all of you in the community who make this game so great!

Could you please tell me what you done exactly as i am using pc through hd tv but the highest res i can acess is 1280x1024 on full screen mode. Thankyou.

My first piece of advice to you, is to make your HDTV your primary display through the display control panel. In my case, this includes:

Control Panel > Display > Advanced Settings

Then I right click on my HDTV when enabling Clone Display, and make it my primary.

If this is over your head for some reason, I'd google more information about it. The key here is when PES6 see's your HDTV as the primary display, it will make the appropriate resolutions available.

Good luck.

CB7:

My TV is 720P/1081i. When playing it displays itself at 1080i according to the display/information button.

Could you please tell me what you done exactly as i am using pc through hd tv but the highest res i can acess is 1280x1024 on full screen mode. Thankyou.

What model is you TV? 95% of HDTV's are only around 1280x1024. They will play 1080i but it is converted (hard to explain)

A true 1080i (1920x1080) HDTV is very very expensive compared to the norm 720i

As i only have one display conected to my pc there is no option to make it a primary display. My graphics card 7950gt has a dual dvi output but i only use one to my tv. Hd tvs are either 1366x768 (more common) and the new batch of natve 1920x1280p i have a sony which is a native 1920x1280 progressive scan but as i said the max resoltion i have on the pes settings is 1280x1024 in full screen mode (it's less in window mode). On my display tab the res is set to 1920x1280 and i can use that res for other games but pes will not let me, which makes me think that konami have made 1280x1024 the highest res the game can output.

Quite possible, I'm not sure on this. From here I would suggest using Kitserver and editing the kload.cfg file for a custom resolution if you haven't yet.

Quite possible, I'm not sure on this. From here I would suggest using Kitserver and editing the kload.cfg file for a custom resolution if you haven't yet.

I use kitserver and lod, as well as a patch. I will try and download kload.cfg i will google it and hopefully find the file. Cheers :)

:applause: Finally got it working after trawling through loads of google pages :D I just opened up the file with word pad and put my resolution in. At first it wasn't working but i later found out i had to enable it by removing the #. Checked the info display button and i've got pro evo 6 in 1920x1080 even though settings say 640x480 the prgram overides it and otputs at my chosen res. Pro evo has never looked this good. Great \\:o/ Big thankyou to juce, we need people like you doing what you do.

Hey glad you found it! It is amazing isnt it? I swear with patches it competes with FIFA 07 on my 360. Enjoy, wish I would of been able to help more but I'm not very savy on this technical jumbo.

Hey glad you found it! It is amazing isnt it? I swear with patches it competes with FIFA 07 on my 360. Enjoy, wish I would of been able to help more but I'm not very savy on this technical jumbo.

Thats ok, i got there in the end. Still not sure whether i prefer this to pro 5, something just doesnt feel right about pro 6 anyway i'm gonna stick with it abit longer :)

Guys,

I have 1440 x 900 monitor native resolution and have added it to the kload.cfg. How do I get it to work as I can only get 1280 x1024 option in PES settings? Do I need to choose a different resolution? Cheers for the help

Guys,

I have 1440 x 900 monitor native resolution and have added it to the kload.cfg. How do I get it to work as I can only get 1280 x1024 option in PES settings? Do I need to choose a different resolution? Cheers for the help

Ok on k load before dx tools there is a # delete the # on both lines (where you have entered your resolution). This will enable the resolution and force the game to output it, regardless of what resolution is selected in the pes settings. Enjoy \\:o/

It should look like this:

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1440
dx.fullscreen.height = 900

Just to confirm , i followed your tips ands i got mine working perfectly now.

For anyone that wants to do this on a Samsung LE32M51BX 32" , you need to change this part of the kload file so it says

dx.fullscreen.width = 1216
dx.fullscreen.height = 762

This is the best screen fit for the game. You will need to switch your TV to be your primary monitor before you load the game up. (DISPLAY PROPERTIES/SETTINGS ... right click on monitor 2 , use this device as my primary monitor). Don't forget to change it back when you've finished playing.

p.s. You can try other size settings , but if you want to guarantee it working and have a size platform to work from , 1216-762 is a good start and it will work perfectly as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update pavlovian - I still am shocked by how great it looks. Im still waiting on adding adboards and the correct stadiums as well, but this is THEE soccer game for me.

how connect pc at hdtv?
I've samsung le32r74b.
sorry i'm french i've a bad english

You need to use a vga cable or dvi (whichever your tv supprts) and it's just a case of plug and play.
I will attempt to write an explanantion in french :)
Il faut utiliser un cable vga ou dvi de votre ordinateur a la tele et voila le pc sera sur la tele. Excuse my bad french :roll:

Thanks for the update pavlovian - I still am shocked by how great it looks. Im still waiting on adding adboards and the correct stadiums as well, but this is THEE soccer game for me.

The game looks great, i got mysself a new pc monitor today and using it through dvi it looks amazing. I wish i could get a screen shot up, is there anyway of getting one up without a digital camera or phone e.g using software?

regardless of whether you have a 720p / 1080i or 1080p display, you should set your resolution to the native resolution of the TV. on most LCD TVs a 720p / 1080i will have a native resolution of 1366 x 768, meaning that a 1080 input would only be scaled down to the TVs resolution anyway. I just wish Konami would put support for antialiasing in the game, it would greatly improve those jagged edges and flickering.

I'm no techy (?) but....I enabled AA/AF to fullest on my video card, and I really do not see many jagged edges, or flickering on my picture. Just an amateur observation though.

I enable it but there is no noticeable difference, i've tried using powerstrip but not csure wheteher it forces aa etc on the game.

the game will look the same with AA on or off, as it is not supported. i think AF makes a difference though, although i prefer it off as some of the textures go a bit weird.

Back
Top Bottom