2012 Olympics in London

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Eh. Congrats.

The Olympic anthem stinks, but the host was quite hot.

I'll probably living in London in 2012.... although france wouldnt have made a big difference since its all in Europe.

HAHA, well you had the World Cup in 98 and the rugby World Cup in 2007, time to try again........ ;)

Have some of that Chirac, not been the best few weeks for you eh? :D

If anything I'm happy because at least they'll now be forced to re-develop Stratford and the rest of East London, which is a hole at the moment.

What a brilliant result, i'm gonna try to get tickets for as much as possible.

It seems like France taking Chirac was like London taking Prince Phillip. :)

Jesus....I'll be 30 by the time :shock:

I'm ecstatic to hear about this. The Stratford area is a dump at the moment - it will be good to finally see that area all pimped up :mrgreen: ;)

But my heart goes out to all the French. They really wanted it...Whether Chirac's comments had any affect or not, his political career is over

Billions out to Africa
Billions spent on the Olympics (most likely)

Poverty is on a one way flight to the UK.

*takes off his cynical hat

I'm gonna start rationing my weekly allowance of alcohol from this moment on - a sudden drop of money and items for myself would be too hard to take once the taxes kick in

rockykabir said:
In the short term, yes. But TV income, sponsors, housing from the redeveloped areas, tourist sales etc.... makes up for it all and then some.

Exactly, countries don't apply for the olympics to burn up cash!

rockykabir said:
In the short term, yes. But TV income, sponsors, housing from the redeveloped areas, tourist sales etc.... makes up for it all and then some.

Moscow and Montreal were still paying their Olympics debt until last year.

Olympics are very good for boosting a country's image, and future tourism.

Quote from BBC :

[size=-1]The soaring cost of the 2004 Olympic Games looks set to drive Greece deep into
debt, its prime minister warns.
[/size]

Last edited:
On a different note Milanista, I thought the 1990 World Cup was magnificent. Is Italy still paying for that?

Milanista said:
Moscow and Montreal were still paying their Olympics debt until last year.

Olympics are very good for boosting a country's image, and future tourism.

Quote from BBC :

[/size]

True...but I think TV revenue and sponsorship deals have become more ever present since then. Olympics is a huge commercial event with companies willing to spend zonks. I get the feeling that a vast majority of the construction work will be covered by commercial deals alone.....or am I being too optimistic?

I doubt you (the english people) will suffer at all from the debts. The government probably has some plan to spread it out or somehting like that.

Back
Top Bottom