24 Series 5 - UK Viewers Only

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Well for those of us who dont live in the US and havent been downloading it.

This is a thread for all 24 Series 5 talking points, bring it on.

No spoilers please

Last edited:
Re: 24 Series 5 - Starts Sunday 12th Feb

Couldn't help it could you?

Mack said:
Anyone catch the 10min prequal on Sunday Jack with long hair!

Yeh, a fair bit happened in those 10 minutes. And who was the guy/gal in the motorbike gear?

What a start to a series that was. Shame Chloe is still alive though, she gets right on my tits

FUCK OFF CHRIS!!!!
Chloe is amazing. The start of this series was amazing too.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you."

Well its a hive of activity in here. Surely youre not all bored by it already. Disgraceful.

Awesome so far, was shocked at the killing of some of the hostages - really wasnt expecting that. Didnt think the americans would actually like it either. But its certainly set the bar high with its pace. Cant wait to see how it pans out.

Oh and its possibly one of the best starts to a 24 season in my opinion. Not sure how that ranks with others.

Now. About those biological canisters...

It does look like there are only us 4 watching it as it all unfolds on Sky One.

I am liking the series so far. It was all action from the start, I am just hoping they can keep it up.

How long will Jack be in custody at CTU and how many people will he take out as he escapes?

Curtis looks more like a field agent now, he has been given a bit more to do.

President Cunty is getting right on my tits though, the guy is such a whining pansy

Mrs Cunty looks like she could well be a great character, I hope we see more from the loopy cow

The new Head of CTU, used to be a hobbit, looke like he will be a good un too

Its great telly

Intellectually challenged said:
Hutch doesnt count. He likes chloe hence his opinion is invalid.

Thats a good point

Chloe =
moose.jpg

I think is been a cracking start to the series, Jack is most defiantly back! President Logan has to go, it just seems totaly unbelievable he could be running the country and with no Palmer to help him out this time!

I can see Hutchs attraction, she'd be the man of their relationship. Her put downs in ep5 are immense.
"It wasnt an apology it was an observation"

Nothing needs to be said about Jack mind. He still rocks. As does mental bitch and Tony - despite being half dead.

SB... It's about a modern style RAMBO. :)
If ya like action series, then it's a must see. I'm on episode 7 so far. Tonight I'll watch episode 8! ;)

Stringer Bell said:
Can someone tell me what 24 is about?

Its all about the number 24, and what exploits it gets up too when 23 and 25 arent looking. I'll tell you it does some crazy stuff. Last night it posed as the number 42 and the look on 43's face was priceless. It'll get its comeupance soon mind, 22 has been cheating on it with 14 and ill tell you the results wont be pretty.

What? Nobody else has been watching it?

Stringer Bell said:
Can someone tell me what 24 is about?

We`re on Series 5 now mate, where the hell have you been?!

Its been a great start to the series so far. Cant wait for next week, thats if Jack gets hold of Cummings

SB, word of advice. Start watching from the first season.
Wrighty u must resist
HAHAHAHA]
He fucks him up in front of pussy Logan ;)

Why would you do that to me Revan?!

It's based around CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) and in particular the counter terrorist- JACK BAUER FREEZE CTU JACK BAUER!
Each series represents a day, 24 episodes, hence an hour of the day per episode.
Each day tends to be based around some sort of terrorist plot on US soil.
The show also follows the President's life very closely.

In short- Buy the DVD's.

I agree, Logan has to go, but I don't want resignation I want him rubbed out.

He's a fucking cheesemaker.

I don't mind him that much to be honest, I'd rather have him in than the president who he was just filling in for (where is he?). We can't just have a big bastard David Palmer character to sort everyone out all the time. Look at George Bush ffs!

Oh my God. hutch doesnt mind the Prez and he fancies Chloe!

You see kids, drugs are bad

Would anyone fancy suming up briefly whats happened throughout the series' of 24, im thinking about watching series 5 but cant be bothered to start from series 1 !!!

Cheers

24 ("Twenty Four") is a current U.S. television action/drama series, produced by the Fox Network and syndicated worldwide.

Each season covers the events of one day in the life of federal agent Jack Bauer, played by Kiefer Sutherland. The show also follows Jack's colleagues at the Counter Terrorist Unit in Los Angeles, as well as the actions of both various terrorists and the White House.

This real-time nature of 24 gives the show a strong sense of urgency, emphasized by the ticking of an on-screen digital clock appearing from time to time. Throughout every episode the action switches between different locations, following the parallel adventures of different characters all involved in the same story.

24 was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, and premiered in 2001.

Season synopses

Every season so far follows a similar format, centering on Jack Bauer and the elite Counter Terrorist Unit dealing with a central threat posed to national security, including terrorists in later seasons. Surprise sacrifices, backstabbings, and other plot twists are common. Besides the central threat, each season has several major subplots that span the majority of the episodes and become interwoven with the main plot, which itself tends to change once or twice as a season progresses. Throughout each season, Jack Bauer often faces intense personal anguish in addition to his tasks to stop the terrorists.

Each season runs in "real-time" and starts at a different time on different days. The show is set largely in Los Angeles, so the "time" is set in Pacific Standard Time. Every episode begins with: "The following takes place between [time] and [time]."

* Each episode portrays one hour of time, and one season is comprised of 24 episodes.

* The first half of season 1 begins each episode with Kiefer Sutherland reciting this line, followed by, "on the day of the California Presidential Primary." The importance of this episode introduction can be understood below in season one's synopsis.

Season 1

In Season 1, terrorists are plotting to assassinate a presidential candidate, David Palmer, while Jack Bauer's wife and daughter have been targeted by individuals unknown to Jack. Jack suspects that people that he works with may have been involved in both, and works simultaneously at defending Palmer from attack while unraveling the situation behind the capture of his wife and daughter.

Season 2

In Season 2, Jack deals with the death of his wife and the estrangement of his daughter, who believes that Jack's dangerous line of work caused her mother's death. Bauer is no longer on the government payroll, but President David Palmer counts on Jack as the only man he can trust to figure out who is threatening to detonate a nuclear device in Los Angeles, and to stop it from happening. Meanwhile, a subplot develops with Kate Warner planning a wedding between her sister and soon to be brother-in-law, when CTU suspects the groom in the terrorist plot.

Season 3

In Season 3, Jack has returned from a deep undercover assignment, infiltrating the Salazar drug family, which has ties to terrorism. At the same time, a van drops off a dead body infected with a bio-weapon at the National Health Services. Jack's new partner is a brash but successful agent, Chase Edmunds, who is in a relationship with Jack's daughter, now employed by CTU. Jack and Chase must now find the terrorists responsible for the virus and destroy all specimens before Los Angeles becomes infected.

Season 4

In Season 4, Jack Bauer now works in Washington D.C. for the Secretary of Defense, while having an affair with the Secretary's daughter. CTU has been gutted under a new Presidential Administration, but the new CTU head calls for a meeting with Jack about an impending terrorist threat. However, the Secretary and his daughter are held hostage and Jack must rescue them. After the rescue, they realize that the kidnapping was used to conceal a plot that would result in the meltdown of U.S. nuclear power plants nationwide, but again, this is just a cover for a much larger terrorist plot.

Sorry CW, I promise I'll never do it again. ;) hehe

Metallica, watch from the begginning, it's worth it.
the season's synopses CW put here don't even tell 10% of the real story and about the lots of great subplots. Especially during the first 3 seasons between David Palmer and his wife.

hutch said:
It's based around CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) and in particular the counter terrorist- JACK BAUER FREEZE CTU JACK BAUER!
Each series represents a day, 24 episodes, hence an hour of the day per episode.
Each day tends to be based around some sort of terrorist plot on US soil.
The show also follows the President's life very closely.

In short- Buy the DVD's.
Thanks for the info.

One thing, does no one else get bored with the way the show focuses on a terrorist plot for a few episodes, then basically sticks two fingers up at everyone watching by saying "That wasn't the real plot, this is"? Then that new plot is just dismantled in the same way!

Back
Top Bottom