3 best football matches ever

Matthijs92

League 2
3 October 2005
Hi, here you can post your 3 best matches ever played.:)
I'll start:

Netherlands-Argentina WC 1998 2-1, with an amazing goal of Bergkamp at the end.

Liverpool-AC Milan CL final 2005 3-3, no explanation needed, I think.

Brazil-Italy WC final 1970 4-1, with a fabulous Pelé and all of Brazil playing the best football on the planet.

Hi good thread mate.

I presume these have to be games that I've actually seen ? in which case (although the memory is getting hazy these days)...

1. Czech Rep 3 Holland 2 - The most recent, but also the highest quality, with so much great attacking play and some stunning goals.

2. Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 - the first game at Anfield where Colymore scored the winner and Asprilla struck twice for the magpies

3. Spain 4 Yugoslavia 3 - Euro 2000 belter!

Milan 4 -Lazio 4 :applause:
Milan 6 -Inter 0 :lmao: basketball match
Milan 3 - Inter 2 the fisrt half was Milan 0 - inter 2:D
Zidane VS Brazil 3-0, 1-0 brazil u can win the 2010 there will be no more Zidane ..:D

1 - France vs. RFA WC 1982 Semi-Final 3-3 RFA Win PK (no comment)
2 - Liverpool vs. Milan AC CL Final 2005 3-3 (What a scenario !)
3 - France vs. Scotland Friendly 2002 5-0 (the first half by France, is best football never see before)

1- Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal - May 26th 1989

Arsenal needed to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield to take the league title away from Liverpool in the last game of the season. Michael Thomas scored the vital second goal in the 92nd and last minute of the match and season!

2- Brazil 4-1 Italy - WC Final 1970

The best national team ever produce a scintilating performance in the final.

3- Spurs 4-5 Arsenal - Nov 2004

What a derby, 9 goals and 9 different scorers!

Good thread but there should be an "anti)bias" rule...don't include matches with your favourite team or national team...

1 Deportivo La Coruna - Ac Milan (don't remeber the result, but does it matter)

2 Argentina - Roumania at the 1994 WC (don't remeber the result but does it matter)

3 Liverpool - Alaves (don't remember etc but unfortunately Liverpool won it...)

4 Brazil - Italy 4-1

5 Cup final between Man Utd - Arsenal with 3 goals in extra time, unfortunately Arsenal won

6 Werder Bremen - Anderlecht 5-3 (Werder where 3-0 down at half-time, the day Belgian football died, but a great match...)

Biased:

Belgium - Russia at the 1986 WC (i think it was 4-2)

Belgium - England in 1990 (with the Platt goal, everybody here thinks that we where the better team, i don't agree).

Belgium - Argentina 1-0 (oipening match of the 1982 WC, the match where the famous photo was taken where Maradonna is surrounded by loads of Belgian players...it pisses me off that everybody seems to have forgotten that Belgium actually won that match).

Every match where Brussels beats Anderlecht (still waiting for the first...).

Arsenal - Galatasaray (UEFA Cup final 2000, Galatasaray won after penaltyshootout)

Turkey - Senegal (Quarter Final WC 2002, goldengoal by Ilhan Mansiz)

AC Milan - Liverpool (3-3) We all know haha

Milan - Inter 6-0 (1998)
Italy - Germany 2-0 (2006)
Milan - Inter 3-4 (2006)

These are games that made me jump out of my seat that I can remember right now. The last Derby we lost 3-4, but boy did my heart beat and was I satisfied after the game.

Milan - Inter 6-0 (1998)it was (2001) what a match \\:o/
Italy - Germany 2-0 (2006)
Milan - Inter 3-4 (2006) don't remind me please :(

These are games that made me jump out of my seat that I can remember right now. The last Derby we lost 3-4, but boy did my heart beat and was I satisfied after the game.
;)

Manchester United 2-1 Bayern Munich
really, one word, Ole

Tottenham Hotspur 3-5 Manchester United
3-0 down in the first half, Spurs gave up and we were fantastic

Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle United (the first one)
was from a neutral perspective, the best game I've ever watched

UEFA Champions League, 13. September 2000
Hamburger SV 4:4 Juventus

EURO 2004 Portugal, 19. June 2004
Netherlands 2:3 Czech Republic

World Cup 1990 Italia, 1. July 1990
Cameroon 2:3 England

FC Barcelona - Man Utd 3-3, Group stage, Champions League, 98-99 Season
FC Bayern Munich - Man Utd 1-2, Final, Champions League, 98-99 Season
Man Utd - Arsenal 6-1, Premier League, 00-01 Season

Stockport County 2 - 1 Brentford (1991 2nd division)
Arsenal 1 - 2 Man Utd (1999 fa cup semi - giggs goal)
Juventus 2 - 3 Man Utd (1999 champs league semi)

Hearts 4 Hibs 4- 2003 Hearts were behind 4-2 with 2 minutes to play when A young player called Greame Weir came off the bench and scored 2 in two minutes. Joy for the home support.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Borussia Dortmund 3 Juventus 1 1997 The final no one expected Dortmund to win But Herr Riedle and a amazing Lars Ricken Goal(a 30 yard lob into Buffon with his first touch) took the trophy to Germany

Holland 2 Argentina 1 WC1998 Bergkamps goal. Say no more

Roma-Juventus : 4-0
Roma - Lazio : 5-1 (montella scored 4 great goals!)
Milan-Liverpool: 3-3

hmm matches i wud go for is

Newcastle United 5-0 Manchester United 1996
the only match i have ever witnesed manchester united riped apart as much , and beacuse they beat us 4-1 in the charity sheild months earlier :D

AC Milan 3-3 Liverpool 2004
the way steven gerrard turned the game was inspirational ,

Newcastle United 3-2 Barcelona 1997

barcelona at the time one of the best in europe , rivaldo , enrique , figo , newcastle 3-0 up at home , total extasy , match that shal never be forgot

Last edited:
Belgium - Argentina 1-0 (oipening match of the 1982 WC, the match where the famous photo was taken where Maradonna is surrounded by loads of Belgian players...it pisses me off that everybody seems to have forgotten that Belgium actually won that match).
The guy who scored the winning goal is meant to have a son who plays as a striker for Genk (his surname begins with V).

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal (1989 - Michael Thomas goal to win the league at the death, I remember crying and laughing at the same time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnMHdOciag

Italy 0 - 1 Ireland (Ray Houghton chip over Gianluca Pagliuca in 94 World Cup, what a moment, payback to the Italians for 1990)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K11gPYxS7k

Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal (99 FA Cup Semi final replay, Sucker punch being an Arsenal fan but what a game, both teams kicked the shit out of each other and some quality football but what a moment of magic from Ryan Giggs, you can only take your hat off to that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r3GyFDonx0

Last edited:
The guy who scored the winning goal is meant to have a son who plays as a striker for Genk (his surname begins with V).

That's an easy one Stringer... father Erwin Vandenbergh scored against Argentina, his son Kevin currently plays for Racing Genk...

Both have recently have a law case against each other...father Erwin is divorcing Kevin's mother and things went very sour...

1. Milan-Liverpool 3-3 2005
Just fantastic match. After 1st half I was thinking that Milan won the Champions League. And 2nd half, great 3 goals by Liverpool and amazing penalties.

2. Bayern-Manchaster 1-2 1999
Next amazing match. I've supported ManU and I didn't believe that they still can win the match. First Sheringham next Solskjaer and I was so happy.

3. Germany-Italy 0-2 2006
Great match and an amazing finish by Italy.

yea hamman scored but gerrard rallyed his players , for me he turned that game .
i'm not sure but if its the champions league final ur talkin about it was in 2005. and hamann did not score it was gerrard,smicer and alonso.

my 2 our:

northern ireland 1-0 england . everyone thought this was going to be a walk over,and were wondering how many england would score.this was our greatest hour,beating england at windsor park, i'll never forget it i was there that nite.

northern ireland 3-2 spain . what a result, spain at full strength, our wee country beating a team that in my opinion were one of the best at the world cup. i was there that nite also.

man utd 2-1 bayern munchen . what do i need to say :D

Best ever has to be:

Cefn Druids 4-1 Llanelli 2004/05

Forget the world Cup, this was the welsh league at it's world class best :D

Back
Top Bottom