[360/PS3/PC] Borderlands 2

The only complain I had with the first one is that the story/missions were told with text screens.
I hope this has changed., but I'll get the new one anyway.

Last edited:
Waiting for confirmation but seems 2k have done some really cuntish stuff to stop grey sales, looking like the Russian version will now be locked to Russian language only and even limited to MP against people only in Russia. Which I guess is their prerogative after all, but considering they've locked countries like Estonia to the Russian version when the vast majority of the country don't speak Russian it's especially shit, also when you consider people in Estonia had to pay 44 Euros for their Russian version and people in Russia pay 14 Euros for their version...

If I can't buy it for £10 I highly doubt I'll buy it to be honest, sure it's a fun game but I don't consider it £30 worth of fun.

Waiting for confirmation but seems 2k have done some really cuntish stuff to stop grey sales, looking like the Russian version will now be locked to Russian language only and even limited to MP against people only in Russia. Which I guess is their prerogative after all, but considering they've locked countries like Estonia to the Russian version when the vast majority of the country don't speak Russian it's especially shit, also when you consider people in Estonia had to pay 44 Euros for their Russian version and people in Russia pay 14 Euros for their version...

If I can't buy it for £10 I highly doubt I'll buy it to be honest, sure it's a fun game but I don't consider it £30 worth of fun.

I am from Lithuania and it sucks. 50 euros for a game, but region locked russian version. Its such a nonsense, majority people who play games here can't speak russian at all. Such a policy forces nothing but... [insert forbidden word] in all these ex-soviet countries.

I am from Lithuania and it sucks. 50 euros for a game, but region locked russian version. Its such a nonsense, majority people who play games here can't speak russian at all. Such a policy forces nothing but... [insert forbidden word] in all these ex-soviet countries.

I agree with you completely, I bought a Russian key from CDdiski for 15 euros but they're happy to refund me so no harm, no foul :)

So great isn't it, bad enough your country had to survive under the choke of "Mother Russia" for decades and now you're free you're expected to play the game in Russian and only against Russian people! And pay 3x more than Russian people for the privilege!

Just got it - so far really enjoying it. Didn't play the first one. Amazing production values and style. I'm a bit crap at FPS games though, so will take time.

Also it runs fine on my PC, which is almost 4 years old! Shocked!

I played the first a bit, I liked it but not enough to carry on too much into it.

I played Borderlands 2 last night, and it is nothing short of fantastic. A definite purchase for me. So, so much fun, and the presentation is great, but the gameplay is the key. It is so much fun.

Genuinely think in just the hour or so i played last night this could well be game of the year.

I've completed the first 4 acts and I find it much more enjoyable than the first one and I didnt even start playing with my friends. The randomized weapons (attributes and looks) are great. I spend most of my time looting even for crap guns just to have a look at it.

2k now backed down on the stupid language locking:

2K Games and 1C Company have updated the PC versions of Borderlands 2 that are purchased from both retail locations and via digital distribution in Russia, the Baltic states, and CIS territories. Consumers in these countries will now receive a bundle that contains both the 1C Russian language version of Borderlands 2, as well as the 2K Games worldwide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Japanese) version of the game. This gives consumers in these countries the widest range of options to both choose their preferred language and play with their friends across the world.

Though the 1C and 2K versions do not support cross-version play, consumers can install both versions and have the option to play each. Additionally, Borderlands 2 Season Pass and DLC content purchased in these territories will contain this bundled format content. We thank customers for their feedback as we continue to work to provide the best products we can offer worldwide.

Ordered 2xSteam keys from cddiski, not bothered about MP as I'll be playing it through with my wife :)

I cancelled my order with cddiski and got it from getgames as had an additional 25% off voucher so paid £16.85 for the UK version of the game.

Placebo if the game activates without VPN and has English language please let me know, also what's the problem with the multiplayer with the Russian version?

Will do, the Russian version only lets people play against other Russian people, I guess the worldwide version you can also install will negate that issue anyways (other than it won't find any Russian players).

I purchased one from cddiski and tried it on my mates.
It has registered as Borderlands 2 RU RETAIL and is now pre loading.
When I find out more details I will let you know but the game does not require a VPN.

Yep same here, preloading as well but so far the worldwide version isn't showing in my library, possibly need to reboot steam or something but may as well wait for the preload to finish, 11.5mb/s so won't take long.

My mate has pre-loaded it too maybe, we have jumped the gun and should have typed the key in tomorrow and maybe we would of been given the choice of the two and which one we wanted to install.

Hmm I guess maybe but you'd have thought once they announced the decision it would be in place, I'm sure are already plenty of people who bought the Russian version and pre-loaded so Steam must take that into account, maybe just once it unlocks it'll appear, we'll see...

Confirmed that the Steam version of the RU game now has two menu entries :)

steambl2.png

Played alot of this since picking it up yesterday.

The difficulty balance is good, and it's nice to be able to play a game that is fun, first and foremost. The graphics and presentation are exceptional, as is the gameplay. Rally cannot fault it at all.

Really struggling to think of a better game this year if I'm honest.

Wow. When I searched for this I expected it to have a lot more replies. It was bloody good on 360.

Anyway, been playing this a bit on PC on high settings. Quite enjoying it. I didn't get too far on the 360 version TBH so still going over old ground at the moment and for £2.50 or so in the Steam sale I couldn't let it slip.

Using K&M which is a little odd coming from a controller but I have a Razer Deathadder mouse with two customisable buttons on the side which I've mapped for E and R (open and reload respectively). Still, getting used to it, but I'm struggling a little in gun fights switching between forward and backward so I end up usually going all gungho or just running forwards and using the mouse for direction.

All good though, just takes time I guess. I also found out about PhysX today so will set mine to high, as I have a GTX 780.

YouTube - Borderlands 2 GeForce GTX PhysX Trailer

Back
Top Bottom