360 version feeling slow?

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
i dunno if its me but the sprinting feels way to slow in this game. i'm using Henry, 1 on 1 with the keeper and i'm getting caught up by the last defender?

i changed sprinting to RT instead of RB and getting the full sprint is kinda difficult on this pad.

also finding the refs a bit bad, my players are losing their balance due to a sliding tackles into my players but the ref gives no foul. they aren't even close to the ball. at first i thought the ref was playing advantage but he wasn't.

uhm well i dont have that problem i must say....the slow down is probably caused by an old tv....when playnig either version on a spot on tv in 60hz mode the game is much and much faster than PES5

i have a pioneer plasma HD 43" tv! trust me, it isn't my tv!

i'm hoping i'll get used to the pace of the game cause i thought PES5 was slow at first. some of the turning movements are a bit slow to react as well.

its that old thing where you have to tap in the direction your going to knock the ball further forward, thats how you sprint at full speed

I like the speed of the game. I wasn;t even considering getting it, until I saw it to buy at Game. I was too angered with Konami, but when I saw it being played in store, in hi-def, it looked the dogs, so I bought it. 50 quid. Unfortunetaly I then went down the road to HMV, who were selling it for 37-95. Thankfully they'd sold out of theirs, so I didn't go on a murderous rampage at game.

I think it's great. The dribbling is much harder than PES5, which seems to be resulting in people complaining that their players are too slow and turning is unresponsive.

Use RT to do your tight twisty turns. ONLY ever sprint when you have a clear run in front of you, constantly tapping sprint makes the player kick the ball a little further ahead and run faster (same effect as double tapping the direction you are running).

It took me a few games to get used to it, it definately felt disjointed at first but now I am playing free flowing football.

Even found a few new neat tricks like being able to jump over the ball and spin round as you approach it :-).

Way to fast if you ask me. At times it feels like a pinball machine! Totally unrealistic. I would like it to be a bit slower, so you don't have to pass it all the time. In reall soccer you get much more time to look at the situation and make the right decision, either walk with the ball or make a pass.

Not in Scottish football you dont.

Maybe why we don't have many skillful players here, you get time to prance about looking like a fancy boy before someone gives you a kicking.

Probably why Celtic thrived here with players like Sutton, Hartson, Balde and Petrov. Big and can get physical.

I think the pace is spot on too. It takes a while to get used to cos the players do move differently to 5 but its far more fluid when you get used to it.

yesimissyou said:
Way to fast if you ask me. At times it feels like a pinball machine! Totally unrealistic. I would like it to be a bit slower, so you don't have to pass it all the time. In reall soccer you get much more time to look at the situation and make the right decision, either walk with the ball or make a pass.

I have to agree here, I'd like a game where I can take my time with the ball and play a slower-paced possession game. FIFA 07 is the closest I've gotten to this due to the feeling of a bigger pitch and as such not being closed down as quick.

Anyone sayings its faster than Pes5 is talking out of their arse, or they are playing it on a 50hz 4:3 tv, which is not what its designed for.
The game's pace is the best, most realistic so far.

Last edited:
i ask all of you to play with henry and start dashing full sprint and i'm telling you he isn't quick enough, same with lennon.

someone said earlier that only use the sprint if you have a clear field in front of you? well if i have Henry and i want to run around the defender infront of me i should be able to! i could do it in PES5 and i thought that was slow at first! you know what henry is like in real life and at the moment this new fluid motion isn't letting me play the way i want.

it really all depends on your 'football ethos' as arsene wenger says. I like free flowing, quick, counter attacking football with pace...its not happpening for me.

I don't want this to sound like i'm taking it back (i've thought about it to be honest but its always the same with PES games, you fall in love with it eventually) but i;m not happy with the sprinting at all.

Also goalies seem to favor their near post a lot, i just shoot the other way and its a GUARANTTED! goal.

If you want to do that then you'll need to beat the defender first.

so go past him with the right trigger moves then sprint away with the long hit sprint or use manual pass to kick the ball ahead into space and run onto it.

You can't just run past people like they aren't there unless you get it spot on.

There is a way in the game to use right trigger and sprint to kick the ball forward at a diagonal and then run onto it which was also in PES5. Sounds to me like you just need to get used to the new dribbling system.

I'll try out Henry tonight and see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom