4 Points for an away win?

phrase

Tactician
12 December 2002
Little Mancunia
All four change
Away teams could be awarded four points for a win next season as Premier League bosses look to stamp out boring games. Chief executive Richard Scudamore will meet other senior officials this week at the League annual meeting to discuss the idea. Many within the game are worried the amount of negative games throughout the season is a turn-off for the fans. "This trend towards 4-5-1 is understandable," said a worried chairman, "but it cannot be good for the league in the long run. Combined with the saturation of games on TV, the cost and the hassle of attending matches could stop some fans coming.”
Staff reporter, Daily Mirror

What do you guys think of this? I kinda thought of this idea a while back,posted a thread too and now this resurfaces.I still think it would be a great idea.Post your thoughts here please.

It would be a dramatic change in football imo. I don't think this is the best way to go, yet!
UEFA already implanted the new measures to prevent clubs from buying too many foreigneirs. We all know about this, and will provoke changes in the next years in footie!
Of course if this new 4 point away is implemented it will be at least a couple years to take effect!
I say no, for now!

i LIKE, but i think it would be better to take out the draw point,like win 3 points loss and draw no points..that would make teams go for the win at all costs..much better!...!!but i think that would work only for long range LEAGUES..not cups..
like CL ...

Sounds like a dumb idea to me, boring games are as much part of football as exciting games, anyway wouldn't UEFA need to sanction such a point change? IIRC they were the reason all countried that remained on 2 points for a win had to change over a few years back.

This is sounding like the PES4Online league.

I think the best idea was the one the someone here posted where you get 3 for a win, 0 for a loss and if it a 0-0 draw, that 0 points but if there were goals like 1-1 or 2-2, then its 1 point.

Back
Top Bottom