4K TVs

I don't find those one sadly, not in store or not on belgium, but what about those one?

Both LG, the first with 49 inches:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-49UJ701V-SMART-Freeview-Recording-Black/dp/B0799QGNKF

Or another at the same price, 6 inches more, significant for me, but i don't know at what cost about HDR or contrast system

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-LG-55UK6470PLC-55-HDR/dp/B07CKWGCVJ

About the sound, i don't really care that much.
I'm gonna buy something for the sound (a "sound bar/beam", i don't know the term in english)

Thanks Lami, it's not that i can't see it myself, but i'm stressing a bit to buy something expensive :LOL:

I don't find those one sadly, not in store or not on belgium, but what about those one?

Both LG, the first with 49 inches:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-49UJ701V-SMART-Freeview-Recording-Black/dp/B0799QGNKF

Or another at the same price, 6 inches more, significant for me, but i don't know at what cost about HDR or contrast system

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-LG-55UK6470PLC-55-HDR/dp/B07CKWGCVJ

About the sound, i don't really care that much.
I'm gonna buy something for the sound (a "sound bar/beam", i don't know the term in english)

Thanks Lami, it's not that i can't see it myself, but i'm stressing a bit to buy something expensive :LOL:
Are you sure you can't find the MU7100 or SJ810? I've looked at both on Belgian websites. The ones you linked aren't good enough.

I just found the LG 49S810V, but not found the Samsung model 7100 (i don't know the full name with the inches corresponding)
Sorry i didn't see your message before.

But i'm more on the LG's one, what you said about the 120hz and better HDR performance... Probably better than the Samsung 7100 am i right?

And about Samsung, it was always my standard option but you pay the name price.

Lami, thanks again for your time, you're probably the best beer in the world

@Lami Thanks for your dedication.
Unfortunately though, I haven't been able to find any of those TCL models you suggest. The only one I found is the L55C2, but I don't think it's as good as the one you mentioned yourself.

I just found the LG 49S810V, but not found the Samsung model 7100 (i don't know the full name with the inches corresponding)
Sorry i didn't see your message before.

But i'm more on the LG's one, what you said about the 120hz and better HDR performance... Probably better than the Samsung 7100 am i right?

And about Samsung, it was always my standard option but you pay the name price.

Lami, thanks again for your time, you're probably the best beer in the world
What about these, 49MU7000, 55MU7000 (and another one), and 55MU7070? I think it's a Belgian store right?

About the previous comparisons, I was looking at the USA versions of MU7000, and apparently they're not the same as the EU MU7000. It's a bit confusing, but apparently the EU MU7000 = USA MU8000. Weird I know, but it's Samsung (Not just Konami is weird, lol). In this case, I very much recommend the MU7000. The difference between the 49" and 55" linked above is 60hz vs 120hz. That 55MU7070 linked above is cheaper for some reason, sitting in between the 49" and 55" in price. Don't know if you want to go for that one instead. If so, I'd call them up if I were you and ask about the difference between that and the 7000. Sometimes the difference is just the stand, or something irrelevant.

If you want to stick to your budget however, definitely go for the 49MU7000, even if it's 60hz. It's superior to the SJ810v.
@Lami Thanks for your dedication.
Unfortunately though, I haven't been able to find any of those TCL models you suggest. The only one I found is the L55C2, but I don't think it's as good as the one you mentioned yourself.
Try checking out the 49" or 55" MU8000 (I think it's the MU8000 if you guys get US versions. If EU, MU7000). Or the LG SJ810v.

You guys can check out this review:

And this from avforums.

Hi guys. Anybody know how good or bad Hisense led tv`s are for input lag...
The ones I've seen have ok input lag, around 30ms. I think it depends on the model though.

Last edited:
Thanks Lami about the answer again, you made me think by myself too and have some read...
those 2 others you've posted are out of my budget: i can't spend more than 700 euros.

But about the choice i'd (personnally) go to the LG 49SJ810V , vs the Samsung UE49MU7000 there are pros that could make me choose the LG 49J810V (this one you've posted : https://www.coolblue.be/en/product/772703/lg-49sj810v.html )

LG 49SJ810V Pros:
-It's a 100 Hz tv vs 50hz for Samsung
-10 bits colors (larger HDR scale) Vs 8 bits for Samsung, sounds very importnat
-RBB+W vs RGB

Cons
-Samsung have something like "Picture quality index / 1900 hz"
-and against Samsung have 21 ms delay while the LG have 31ms... I don't know how much i will gain for gaming

There's something else or "special" that i don't know which could makes the Samsung MU7000 vs the LG 49SJ810V superior? I've got a litttle more thrust in Samsung, but well this 100hz and 8bits colors thing... I don't know about the HDR rendering.

I've posted what's seems important to me (example the MU7000 have 40 watts for sound vs 20 i don't care) but i don't care.

Again, thanks Lami for your help.

Thanks Lami about the answer again, you made me think by myself too and have some read...
those 2 others you've posted are out of my budget: i can't spend more than 700 euros.

But about the choice i'd (personnally) go to the LG 49SJ810V , vs the Samsung UE49MU7000 there are pros that could make me choose the LG 49J810V (this one you've posted : https://www.coolblue.be/en/product/772703/lg-49sj810v.html )

LG 49SJ810V Pros:
-It's a 100 Hz tv vs 50hz for Samsung
-10 bits colors (larger HDR scale) Vs 8 bits for Samsung, sounds very importnat
-RBB+W vs RGB

Cons
-Samsung have something like "Picture quality index / 1900 hz"
-and against Samsung have 21 ms delay while the LG have 31ms... I don't know how much i will gain for gaming

There's something else or "special" that i don't know which could makes the Samsung MU7000 vs the LG 49SJ810V superior? I've got a litttle more thrust in Samsung, but well this 100hz and 8bits colors thing... I don't know about the HDR rendering.

I've posted what's seems important to me (example the MU7000 have 40 watts for sound vs 20 i don't care) but i don't care.

Again, thanks Lami for your help.

Here's a better way to compare both so you can have a more informed decision. I've added a couple more so you can have a better idea:
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/0fec6a400

Both of them are 8 bit + FRC. So same. The MU has the better contrast and HDR peak brightness, resulting in a better HDR picture overall. Also the input lag of course. The SJ has the 120hz panel going for it, that's why if you could somehow get the 55" MU you can have a 120hz as well. Also you have the VA vs IPS panels. I don't know which one you prefer. Some say VA has better blacks I think? The contrast is already good on the MU anyway. Also outside of gaming it looks like the MU is the better choice overall. But again it all comes back to personal preference :)

EDIT: About the 60hz thing, both the TCL P607 and R617 have 60hz panels too and they're still highly regarded nowadays for gaming. So make of that what you will :)

@Chuny I'll get back to you shortly.

Last edited:
The Samsung is the better one by a mile, but none of them are good enough for HDR. None have Wide color gamut. If HDR is why you're buying, I suggest you find better options, or just wait until you have a better option. Don't throw money for the sake of it. It's like wanting to buy PES 2019 and it says so on the cover, but it's a PES 2013 disc. It's still PES by name, but it isn't PES 2019. I hope that makes sense.

Are there other shops you can link me to I can look around?

EDIT: Is 25,000 the max you're willing to pay?

Last edited:
The Samsung is the better one by a mile, but none of them are good enough for HDR. None have Wide color gamut. If HDR is why you're buying, I suggest you find better options, or just wait until you have a better option. Don't throw money for the sake of it. It's like wanting to buy PES 2019 and it says so on the cover, but it's a PES 2013 disc. It's still PES by name, but it isn't PES 2019. I hope that makes sense.

Are there other shops you can link me to I can look around?

EDIT: Is 25,000 the max you're willing to pay?

I think you are right. I'll pass for now and save some more money for a better one in the future. Thank you!!!

I think you are right. I'll pass for now and save some more money for a better one in the future. Thank you!!!
No worries. I've been doing some searching around online shops in Argentina but can't find any decent ones. The very decent one I found was oled B7, but that was around 50,000, double the money. I can't find anything in between. Not a good range.

All the best man.

Yeah man, it's a little out of my budget.
Let's say that $20.000 was already kind of my limit :CRY:
I need to save some money to get a new car, so I can't think of spending this kind of money on a TV. It could only happen after changing my car.
No worries man. It's just a TV, not a priority. You'll be more than fine :)

@Lami
I answer here: i brought the LG SJ810v (49)... It was already preodered before you've said that the Samsung was better even if it's 60hz :JAY:
The main issue was the 21 vs 31ms input lag, but i don't really feel an input lag that consequent with my settings

At first, i'll enabled the HDR RGB for the PS4 pro recognise it.
On HDR, i precognise "standard" for the picture settings, desactivate "True Motion" (i think it may cause input lag) and all things that could cause issues with the ms and framerate (like MPG thing etc. in Advanced settings)

There's one thing that bottering me: "Game mode": i know it's calibrated for having the less input lag possible. But the issue is that the LG "Game mode" version is a bit too dark in terms of constrast. LG is probably planning a firmware update as i've readed about, to correct it.
So if you want to play with game mode, you need to enable the "Dynamic contrast" to the maximum... I don't like that much dynamic contrast and desactivate it on every TV i've got, but no choice for the moment.

And there's also "Standard" mode (Dynamic, Cinema, etc. you know), no issue with the picture contrast with exactly the same settings. Because the rendering is different > differents settings for colors, luminosity, temperature etc. but the rest is the same, everything that could cause lag is desactivated.
But i don't know if it's my imagination, but there's sometimes a bit of lag in the image (not really "input" lag), some slowdown on PES when there's an "Highlight" or whatever...
Only solution: to activate "Lg True Motion", which make the game looks way better in movement... But i don't know how much input lag it may cause.

So, 2 options

Option 1 / Game mode
+Probably the better setting for input lag
-Obligation to enable "Dynamic constrast" otherwhise the image is very tern, like there's White vs Black isn't that much pronounced.

Option 2 / Standard Mode
+Better picture, no doubt
-Some very little "stuttering", but no stuttering if i enable True Motion
? I don't know if True Motion will gives me more input lag (probably yes) but the flow of the image is outstanding, more FPS, better transistion between picture to picture.
And i don't really feel a big difference in input lag to be honest...

So, i switch from "Game" to "Standard" mode. I'm very happy with the TV you've recommended, without doubt it's a game changer for me at this price :PRAY:
I'm only thinking about "what setting is the best" for gaming experience in you opinion?

I really hope they will update soon the Game Mode: even if i don't really feel the input lag, it's more "to be sure of not having issue with it.
Perhaps i will feel it on SFV (got the game but didn't test), but on Dark Souls, PES, Fifa, Nioh... It's barely noticeable, i don't notice the big difference between the 2 options i switch between.

@Lami
I answer here: i brought the LG SJ810v (49)... It was already preodered before you've said that the Samsung was better even if it's 60hz :JAY:
The main issue was the 21 vs 31ms input lag, but i don't really feel an input lag that consequent with my settings

At first, i'll enabled the HDR RGB for the PS4 pro recognise it.
On HDR, i precognise "standard" for the picture settings, desactivate "True Motion" (i think it may cause input lag) and all things that could cause issues with the ms and framerate (like MPG thing etc. in Advanced settings)

There's one thing that bottering me: "Game mode": i know it's calibrated for having the less input lag possible. But the issue is that the LG "Game mode" version is a bit too dark in terms of constrast. LG is probably planning a firmware update as i've readed about, to correct it.
So if you want to play with game mode, you need to enable the "Dynamic contrast" to the maximum... I don't like that much dynamic contrast and desactivate it on every TV i've got, but no choice for the moment.

And there's also "Standard" mode (Dynamic, Cinema, etc. you know), no issue with the picture contrast with exactly the same settings. Because the rendering is different > differents settings for colors, luminosity, temperature etc. but the rest is the same, everything that could cause lag is desactivated.
But i don't know if it's my imagination, but there's sometimes a bit of lag in the image (not really "input" lag), some slowdown on PES when there's an "Highlight" or whatever...
Only solution: to activate "Lg True Motion", which make the game looks way better in movement... But i don't know how much input lag it may cause.

So, 2 options

Option 1 / Game mode
+Probably the better setting for input lag
-Obligation to enable "Dynamic constrast" otherwhise the image is very tern, like there's White vs Black isn't that much pronounced.

Option 2 / Standard Mode
+Better picture, no doubt
-Some very little "stuttering", but no stuttering if i enable True Motion
? I don't know if True Motion will gives me more input lag (probably yes) but the flow of the image is outstanding, more FPS, better transistion between picture to picture.
And i don't really feel a big difference in input lag to be honest...

So, i switch from "Game" to "Standard" mode. I'm very happy with the TV you've recommended, without doubt it's a game changer for me at this price :PRAY:
I'm only thinking about "what setting is the best" for gaming experience in you opinion?

I really hope they will update soon the Game Mode: even if i don't really feel the input lag, it's more "to be sure of not having issue with it.
Perhaps i will feel it on SFV (got the game but didn't test), but on Dark Souls, PES, Fifa, Nioh... It's barely noticeable, i don't notice the big difference between the 2 options i switch between.
I'd definitely stick to game mode myself. If you really find it dark in all HDR games, then dynamic contrast helps here as recommended by LG. I had that issue on my C6 but they fixed it in the last update. Now I can turn DC off or put it on low.

Also, have you tried using these settings here? Make sure you try these in game mode (not HDR game though, leave those at default).

I've got no issue with the dark contrast, only when HDR is activated + Game mode.
Hoping for an update too, it's a bit too dark. Dynamic Contrast to low is not that ennoying, but not sufficient in Game mode.
But i don't know if they're gonna update it, it's coming from a youtube comments... Not by a reliable source.

I will try those settings tonight, playing with the white balance, and tell you if the white/black are more pronounced on HDR with that, and a bit less tern. I need to settle colors to 75/80 also, i've forgot to mention it, but it doesn't really matter.
Renaming the HDMI to PC, i remembered it makes a difference on some others Samsung TV/Monitors i've got but i didn't know it was a "changer" for new generation TV.

Thanks again, i'll give you feedback with those settings then, they're far more advanced than what i've found on french website and youtube...

I've got no issue with the dark contrast, only when HDR is activated + Game mode.
Hoping for an update too, it's a bit too dark. Dynamic Contrast to low is not that ennoying, but not sufficient in Game mode.
But i don't know if they're gonna update it, it's coming from a youtube comments... Not by a reliable source.

I will try those settings tonight, playing with the white balance, and tell you if the white/black are more pronounced on HDR with that, and a bit less tern. I need to settle colors to 75/80 also, i've forgot to mention it, but it doesn't really matter.
Renaming the HDMI to PC, i remembered it makes a difference on some others Samsung TV/Monitors i've got but i didn't know it was a "changer" for new generation TV.

Thanks again, i'll give you feedback with those settings then, they're far more advanced than what i've found on french website and youtube...
Yeah these guys are good. And yeah changing input to PC adds 4:4:4 chroma. 4k HDR on ps4 only does 4:2:0 I think though, and it switches automatically to that I think. It also has the same low input lag like game mode. You can try that if you like.

Well, i've activate "PC" icon, and every settings are greyed, even Dynamic Contrast on HDR mode.
PC i know have his own image settings, that's why it's greyed... I'd figured out on my old samsung to activate all settings by modding something in the firmare a long time ago.

For the non-HDR games, i've already made settings, except the White Balance, i know it's important btw.
Only HDR games gives me that kind of tern colors/dark pictures, i don't know if it's better to activate it or not in fact.

I'm not watching TV for the moment but i'll use that picture setting for sure, waiting for my cousin for the IPTV broadcoast so i can watch some matchs.

I dont know if my settings are not set up properly but when i watch soccer on my new television my eyes hurt...
Have you tried these settings?

Well, i've activate "PC" icon, and every settings are greyed, even Dynamic Contrast on HDR mode.
PC i know have his own image settings, that's why it's greyed... I'd figured out on my old samsung to activate all settings by modding something in the firmare a long time ago.

For the non-HDR games, i've already made settings, except the White Balance, i know it's important btw.
Only HDR games gives me that kind of tern colors/dark pictures, i don't know if it's better to activate it or not in fact.

I'm not watching TV for the moment but i'll use that picture setting for sure, waiting for my cousin for the IPTV broadcoast so i can watch some matchs.
Yeah PC disables everything because it's supposed to use the settings from your PC.

As for HDR, have you tried DC in HDR game mode?

Yeah PC disables everything because it's supposed to use the settings from your PC.

As for HDR, have you tried DC in HDR game mode?

That's what i do mate, it's was explained in my long post (on game mode > DC at max)
It's the only way for having a "normal" image, even if sometimes it blink in the eyes.
On every TV/Monitors i've got, i've always desactivated Dynamic Constrast. To be honest, i hate it, but no choice until an update.
Or if you talk about Dynamic Color, i activated it to "large"

That's what i do mate, it's was explained in my long post (on game mode > DC at max)
It's the only way for having a "normal" image, even if sometimes it blink in the eyes.
On every TV/Monitors i've got, i've always desactivated Dynamic Constrast. To be honest, i hate it, but no choice until an update.
Or if you talk about Dynamic Color, i activated it to "large"
Yea I know. DC contrast high with HDR game until a fix is out. Apparently Dynamic color has to be off no?
.... Thanks, will give it a try.
Let me know how it goes :)

I've tested, no big differences from Dynamic color for input lag it seems...
But i don't really see the difference neither in movement and color, perhaps on Game mode is less pronounced, don't know

Best to desactivate it so, you're right

Back
Top Bottom