50 hz / 60 hz Problem.

Thoma

NUFC 4 LIFE!!!
18 May 2005
Newcastle, UK
I use Swap Magic with my WE 10. It loads and plays fine, but in black and white. I am assuming this is to do with the 50hz / 60 hz settings. :( The black and white usually happens when i put 60hz setting on, as the TV in my room is crappy. When i play it downstairs, it works fine, in perfect colour.

Can anyone tell me whether there is still the choice at the start, or if there is an option in the menus somewhere?

Thanks... :)

OK, Thanks a lot m8 :)
If I get an ISO from the origonal disc onto the PC, is there no way to change it to 50hz? (sorry if that's a stupid question):shock:

Thoma said:
OK, Thanks a lot m8 :)
If I get an ISO from the origonal disc onto the PC, is there no way to change it to 50hz? (sorry if that's a stupid question):shock:

Google's your friend. Search for Jayteemaster2003 and you can get a small program that allows you to patch an image into 50hz mode.

Hope this helps:)

I had this exact same prob, so as a temporary fix Im playing it through my laptop using Dazzle 90 and AMCap! Although if someone could help me as to why there is no sound that would be great!

Just buy an RGB cable. If you're getting a black and white picture, it means your TV is at least 60Hz compatible (otherwise you'd just get rolling picture), so all you need for colour is an RGB cable, they're not very expensive, but well worth it.

They'll also improve your picture quality for all other games as well. :thumbup:

Some RGB cables aren't good as others. I know of one from Dixons that would compress the screen size to widescreen and wouldn't let you stretch it out again.

I'd recommend a cable like this one:

ult.jpg

which is available from
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/page...CHQ_+playstation+2+ps2+ultimate+scart&cid=880
although I didn't get it from here.

And remember to use your PS2 cable in your TV's number one scart socket for the best quality picture.

Back
Top Bottom