6 Nations thread

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
well it kicks off with France vs Scotland on saturday followed by The Mighty England vs Wales

How does everyone think this will go?

Will we miss Wilko, The Captain who has yet to Captain?

And what about our young squad including 18 year old Mathew Tait?

The last few England matches have been great and we looked in great form narrowly losing out to Australia in our last match (which we would have won with Wilkinson)

This could well be the most wide open 6 nations ever, any team could win it. Looking at England I think they will be hampered by the injuries and the new look to the team.

We will see how it goes though, you never know

Should be one of the best six nations in recent years. The winner in my mind will either be England, France or Ireland, though the Welsh have been fast improving of late. Should be an even more intriguing battle between Scotland and Italy for last place.

irish-rugby.jpg

van Esbeck, great irish name that.

Scotland, along with the officials, shot themselves in the foot, i thought. What a bad call that was for the disallowed try though!!!

England were poor imo and Wales probably just edged it. Our kicking game just wasnt working and Wales ran the ball far better and in much more dangerous areas, imo. Although we were camped outside their 22 line for much of the second half.

loz said:
England were poor imo and Wales probably just edged it. Our kicking game just wasnt working and Wales ran the ball far better and in much more dangerous areas, imo. Although we were camped outside their 22 line for much of the second half.

I think we just about deserved a draw out of that game, there were periods where we could have scored but just couldnt get that extra yard or two and the same can be said of Wales. Their kicking was the difference in the end

After watching the performances of England and France, I'm of the opinion that the Irish are shoeins to win.

Italy 17 Ireland 28
IRELAND had just enough flair behind the scrum to beat Italy at the Stadio Flaminio in their Six Nations rugby clash today.

At times in the unglamorous encounter, it looked like Italy might catch the Irish and register another upset on the first weekend of the tournament after England was beaten in Wales and Scotland ran France close in Paris yesterday.

But a Brian O'Driscoll break in either half resulted in tries for Geordan Murphy and Peter Stringer, while Denis Hickie added a third close to the end.

Ronan O'Gara kicked three penalties and two conversions.

Prop Martin Castrogiovanni scored Italy's try at the death and fullback Roland de Marigny kept the home side in the game with three penalties after taking over from Luciano Orquera, who kicked a single early three-pointer.

IRELAND 28 (Geordan Murphy, Peter Stringer, Denis Hickie tries; Ronan O'Gara 2 cons, 3 pens) ITALY 17 (Martin Castrogiovanni try; Roland De Marigny 3, Luciano Orquera pens) at the Flaminio Stadium, Rome.

A good win for the Irish

I said before the tournie that Hodgson would lose it us

How right is that although, Barkley missed 3 as well today

Without Wilkos kicking we are wank, with him we are world class so really we are a 1 man team

The results for this weekends six nations
England 17 France 18
Scotland 13 Ireland 40
Italy 8 Wales 38

Another week another loss for England, the French stay on track to win consecutive six nations titles and the Irish reaffirm themselves as favourites to win the title and the Welsh won as well, but it was only Italy so who cares!

France won't win it. I reckon it will be the Welsh. Whatever, it's good to see a balanced tourney for a change.

MrCoopz said:
I said before the tournie that Hodgson would lose it us

The guy cant kick straight, how difficult can it be to kick a ball between 2 really large sticks?

At the moment the Irish are looking good and will be on a high when they play England in 2 weeks due to their humping of the Scots

Yep, we won it. :mrgreen: ..and it wasn't just because of Wilko. A really solid bunch of forwards helped.

You deserved to win it. I was merely commenting that without Wilko your team is merer shadow of the won which won the world cup

Who is that guy who plays for Ireland with the mad curly hair? He looks like a right Paddy. I saw him coming on as a sub a couple of times maybe last year sometime. Big bushy curly hair and a big fat arse, a true country bogger. Anyone know?

What the heck happend to Italy,
They lost to whales by 30 points:(
What the heck happend?

smango said:
_40777691_byrne.jpg

Shaun Byrne

That's the man! Look at the head on him! I bet he has a feed of Guinness and a load of steak and kidney pies every night then goes out the next day and mauls round him like a wild boar on the field. If he was on the playground I'd pick him first, the head on him alone would put the fear of God in any opponent. Ah that's great, thanks smango!!! You've made my day.

IRELAND V ENGLAND SUNDAY!!!! WOOHOO. GO ON THE PADDIES!!!!! TAKE CARE OF THOSE BRITS!!! THEM AND THEIR JONNIE PILKINGTON 'AVE DOMINATED TOO LONG!

1briantimshaun.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg
<There's our prop forward and fly-half for Sunday

Major session lined up this weekend. pints galore, can't wait!!!

Ireland 19 England 13

Ireland look set to claim their first grand slam title in 57 years!

Back
Top Bottom