PC PES 2011 [Full Game] Feedback

I'm really starting to enjoy the game after editing some of the stats.

I've changed the following

Speed (off the ball) -20
Acceleration -20
Short Pass Speed - 20
Long Pass Speed - 15
Shot Power +10/12 (depending on position ie. Mid or Att)

I left Dribble Speed alone because a big problem with the pace and flow of the game was/is that the difference between sprintng with the ball and sprinting without the ball (sprinting off the ball being way overpowered in comparison).

It's a much better experience now. I've only done it for the City team (for time purposes) so playing City vs City feels nearly perfect. Still, I'm currently doing a Master League (offline) with City and it still feels better even if I'm the only team with changes.

Konami really need to make the following a priority for a patch:

1) Give us -1 and -2 Gamespeed settings
2) Equalise the Sprinting off the ball and Sprinting on the ball (slow spinting off the ball down)
3) Improve the Keepers!
4) Improve Player Switching
And an option for permanent manual passing would be great.

Last edited:

Speed (off the ball) -20
Acceleration -20
Short Pass Speed - 20
Long Pass Speed - 15

I left Dribble Speed alone because a big problem with the pace and flow of the game was/is that the difference between sprintng with the ball and sprinting without the ball (sprinting off the ball being way overpowered in comparison).

It's a much better experience now. I've only done it for the City team (for time purposes) so playing City vs City feels nearly perfect. Still, I'm currently doing a Master League (offline) with City and it still feels better even if I'm the only team with changes.

2) Equalise the Sprinting off the ball and Sprinting on the ball (slow spinting off the ball down)
3) Improve the Keepers!

I'll try your settings to see if the one-on-ones between a quick forward and a slow defender becomes real (or at least sort of real).

Your sugestions for Konami are great, I would add:
- Make tackling harder (like it was in the demo) because now you can sweep the ball from behind 90% of the times.
- Correct the cross defending.
- Correct the AI tactics so they don't play always the same way.

About the keepers, they don't really need improvement just some balance, because now they quickly change from super-heroes to braindeads.

But the truth is I doubt there will be any patch related to gameplay against AI...

Speed (off the ball) -20
Acceleration -20
Short Pass Speed - 20
Long Pass Speed - 15

3) Improve the Keepers!

Where you can edit these stats?

Hey, KONAMI! Please, set-up the not a bad gameplay of DEMO-version (good passing, push etc.) into the full-version! It's only thing could save this f***'n PES of the year. WE9LE is still the better gameplay among "PESes".

I'll try your settings to see if the one-on-ones between a quick forward and a slow defender becomes real (or at least sort of real).

Your sugestions for Konami are great, I would add:
- Make tackling harder (like it was in the demo) because now you can sweep the ball from behind 90% of the times.
- Correct the cross defending.
- Correct the AI tactics so they don't play always the same way.

About the keepers, they don't really need improvement just some balance, because now they quickly change from super-heroes to braindeads.

But the truth is I doubt there will be any patch related to gameplay against AI...

Yea, I hope they can take out the braindead moments

BTW, what do you mean by "correct the cross defending"? Maybe you're talking about something else but I couldn't defend corners or crosses for the life of me until I started using the shoot button to win defensive headers. Previously I was trying to use the long pass button.

Where you can edit these stats?
Ingame. EDIT > PLAYER
You can hold X whilst editing the stats to change in 10's. Helps in speeding the process up

Yea, I hope they can take out the braindead moments

BTW, what do you mean by "correct the cross defending"? Maybe you're talking about something else...

I think he means the fact that if your attacker runs down the wing, around the 6 yard box line the AI just stops and gives you a chance to cross the ball unchallenged. Its a pretty bad bug.

"I think he means the fact that if your attacker runs down the wing, around the 6 yard box line the AI just stops and gives you a chance to cross the ball unchallenged. Its a pretty bad bug. "

Doesn't realy matter for online because you manualy defend.

Speed (off the ball) -20
Acceleration -20
Short Pass Speed - 20
Long Pass Speed - 15

3) Improve the Keepers!

I sign on to this

I am doubting this is possible, but in the past has anyone been able to mod foul frequency? I thought the demo was perfect in this area, and it pisses me off to hear it has been greatly reduced in the retail version.

The replays after each foul was unnecessary, but the number of fouls was perfect. Has anyone played a fifteen minute match where each team has double digit foul numbers? I was getting that in the demo which to me is spot on, especially since it provides more free kicks in dangerous areas.

@Weatherley:

The crossing bug is that the AI defender always let you do the cross without any atemp to stop it.

Your tips to the player stats are great, with the copa america teams the game becomes perfect, the european sides need also to change their tactics because they are still palying high defence and high pressure all the time (all the teams).

I am doubting this is possible, but in the past has anyone been able to mod foul frequency? I thought the demo was perfect in this area, and it pisses me off to hear it has been greatly reduced in the retail version.

The replays after each foul was unnecessary, but the number of fouls was perfect. Has anyone played a fifteen minute match where each team has double digit foul numbers? I was getting that in the demo which to me is spot on, especially since it provides more free kicks in dangerous areas.

No. Simply doesn't happen anymore. I've now spent over 20 hrs on ML and the average no. committed by the cpu is about 1-2 per game (I play on PRO, 10 min halves).

Example:
pes20112010100411524499.jpg

Is it just me or does the full game feel less responsive than the demo? Initially I thought it was more responsive, but now I realised it was because the pace has been increased and is noticeably faster than the demo. However, there's a sort of lag to the players' movements compared to the demo. They take longer to respond to the left stick input. I compared it by playing the demo and the full version one after the other, and the difference is very obvious.

This is a pity because besides the couple of bugs and the incessant fouls, I loved the gameplay of the demo. It felt very smooth to me, even though so many people were feeling "clunky" movements. Also, now the pace has been increased so much that it just feels very rushed. There's no more the enjoyment of passing the ball around, probing and looking for gaps, that I experienced in the demo.

At first I thought maybe there might be something wrong with the controller, but I tested it in the demo and it felt like it did before, and with the full version I experienced the delay in movements. Have any of you experienced this as well?

I'm with you on that feeling! It's the same I had with PES 2010 responsiveness with/without the Vsync option turned on. In this version there is better responsiveness without Vsync on, but still not as good as in the demo with vsync turned on! And the graphics are soo much smoother with vsync so.. a shame if it cant be used this year either :(

Yea sure mate. The game is perfect etc etc. Everyone who has complained is just wrong (or playing the wrong way!). We should learn to shut up and not tell Konami that they can still do better.

In my opinion, 'fans' like you are responsible for PES 2008 and 2009.

It's called feedback for a reason man.
Sheesh.

I'm not saying it's perfect, don't be an arrogant ass please.

I'm just saying that this feeling that things in the demo were better is the so called "placebo effect", in my understanding of things.

It's my own opinion anyway. People are taking this a bit too far, me thinks.

Fans like you are responsible for Konami thinking twice before making major changes to their game.

Go on now...

I'm not saying it's perfect, don't be an arrogant ass please.

I'm just saying that this feeling that things in the demo were better is the so called "placebo effect", in my understanding of things.

It's my own opinion anyway. People are taking this a bit too far, me thinks.

Fans like you are responsible for Konami thinking twice before making major changes to their game.

Go on now...

Nonsense as usual.
I want Konami to make changes, hence the complaints. Noone is being an "arrogant ass" except for yourself good sir.
Many people have the same minor complaints yet you call this a 'placebo effect' and tell us it's all in our heads. I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion, but don't tell us we're imagining these issues.

Steady on there lads ,

Dont make personal remarks.You are both entitled to an opinion,leave it at that.

Nonsense as usual.
I want Konami to make changes, hence the complaints. Noone is being an "arrogant ass" except for yourself good sir.
Many people have the same minor complaints yet you call this a 'placebo effect' and tell us it's all in our heads. I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion, but don't tell us we're imagining these issues.

Can I say that's all nonsense too? Because you don't agree with me, I'm talking pure rubbish... Ok then.

People here are actually saying Konami made the game worse on the full version, and I don't think that's true, nor fair. I don't see any of the stuff people mention here, so I'm either not seeing it, or you're seeing too much.

I'm leaving it there, not worth discussing any further.

I've been experiencing with the settings on my Intel I5 with Radeon 5770, set up that worked great on the demo with 60 fps and GOOD response in dribbling - with the Vertical Sync enabled (in Settings.exe).

I found the following issues when benchmarking fps (all three were the same in PES 2010) :

Without Vsync:
The game runs with great response at 63fps. Although there are glitches and tearing on the screen (of course). This can sometimes be percieved as lag/unsmooth gameplay although the response is crisp and the ball control feels real-time.

With Vsync enabled:
60fps fixed framerate. The screen is refreshed so that the whole of the screen is updated every frame. SMOOTH! NICE! The way you wan't the way to look and the way it looks on consoles (I believe).
Although slow in response on my machine. Which sucks and makes gameplay, dribbling and one touch passing a nuissance.

Fast forwarded through BAL-games:
After parts where your player is on the bench the frame rate doesnt really return to the original but goes slower than 1.0. Like 0.75 or so. Try it and you'll see. It's really slow-mo! Particularly annoying when having started on the bench and getting on the field..

None of this was the experience from the demo. I will install the demo once again and try this further.. in due time :)

Until then you should play the game without vertical sync..

The game is realistic if you were playing long matches. I am 7 games into my ML (as Shakhtar Donetsk) with only 5 goals scored and 10 conceded, with next to zero fouls per game. Not ideal, but not a big enough sample to completely pass judgement yet. I did get beaten by a stoppage time header by Michael Owen, and got routed by Man City 4-0.

To some, a success would be a game where stats from an average real game would be reflected in 10-15min games. I.e. shots at goal, goals scored, fouls committed, penalty ratio(this is good in PES 2011. good work konami). Because if one were to make a game completely realistic, then everyone would be playing out 0-0 draws. This is the thing that Fifa has achieved for me, although actually watching someone play the game would be completely unrealistic (animations, touch, shooting-95% of goals are within 10 yards).

Not buying Fifa 11 though. PES is back for me.

Also, is it just me or are transfers ridiculously easy? I started as Shakhtar Donetsk so surely they aren't THAT good. I had 90million pounds to start off with, with pimpnmcheese staff on my books. Then I bought Brad Friedel (1mil), Joey Barton (1mil), Roman Pavlyuchenko (1.5mil), Caucau (500k), Downing (500k) and Jerome (700k). Wtf?!

Please any way to put broadcast 1 as it is not in the game? I really liked this camera un PES 2010. Any solution or maybe a patch?

im dissapointed at this stage with the full game players now feel stiff not smooth enough which is very bizarre

this comment was made earlier i take this a step back by telling everyone to change the nvidia settings from maximum pre rendered frames 3 to 1, a small patch should make this game flawless a slight smooth out should have the finished product :)

Last edited:
Just got it... :SMUG:

1. I wonder why most say the game is too fast. I feel it is a bit slower than demo in default setting. My first match Japan-France (0-0) i even increase it to +1

2. 2nd Match MU-Madrid Berba just head it home :BOP:(paused at the moment) seems the same, although pass feel faster a bit than first match. I believe because of player's rating.

3. Afternoon play @ Old trafford. Amazing

4. Overall animation is more polished. Although animation blending/transition is not as good as FIFA.. well, its Konami anyway :P

5. Referee, i can say its not as much as Demo. But Kaka (CPU) just got yellow

6. This my setting right from the start :

- x3 720 + ATI 5850
- Frameskipping, movieplayback off
- Fullscreen 1600 x 900

Impressions after 3 25 min matches on Top Player and training session with Lyon.

- I'm on medium settings as the laptop isn't the best for gaming. It's running smooth, but the graphics and lighting could be better. (On PS3 graphics have taken a downturn this year from PES 2010).

- The passing is improved, but there's a clear difference in physics between the X pass and the L2+X pass, the latter much more satisfying and realistic.

- X passing is too fast. It will require stat editing.

- Seems difficult to run away from defenders.

- Shooting feels tighter than the demo.

- No Broadcast 1 cam that was in PES 2010 (the side to side one with a little tilt to each end). Konami giveth, Konami taketh. :RANT: Will be needing some camera settings or tweaks.

- Players seem really rushed when taking possession. Holding R2 helps, but it just looks and feels unnatural.

- Game feels better in training mode than match mode, slower, more considered pace. Could be down to team used, but I used Lyon in the first match also and it felt like there was a difference.

- Keepers, as expected, have awful animations.

- Many animations look rushed, like they're not taking the normal time necessary to complete the movements. Maybe this was done to make for a more fast paced game, but it makes it look bad and well, makes for too fast of a game.

Overall, feels like last year for me, there's a good game in there but it needs editing to bring it out.

i have exactly the same feeling as you.

i have downloaded the ps3 demo version and from the first game i have played it was like a dream.

1- i didn't care for too many fouls (actually it looked realistic too me as any teem who plays against barca commits many fouls)

2-animation, passing, shooting, crossing, speed and everything else except some tackles and graphic(last year i think it was better in the console (as i have played pes 2010 in xbox 360)

so i decided to get either the pc or ps3 version but for precaution i downloaded the pc version to test it to make sure that konami will not mess the pc version like it did last year and after a few games i felt like this is not pes2011 its actually a patch for pes2010 that will fix some issues.

the main problem with the game is the damn speed its fast like very fast you almost cant feel the new animation or how wonderful are the new passing system as the game speed of 0 on pc is like faster that +2 on consoles konami mad a full new game and rewind it with some nasty glitchs that i wاich but at the same time doubt that they will fix anything like they did last year and they will leave us to kit servers to fix their buggy game although technically kitservers can decrees the gamespeed, it have its own bugs and problems and it doesn't work online.

the only thing that the pc version is better than the consoles version is the graphics and nothing else. so i will hold on for now for one month if they didn't fix those problems ill get the ps3 version although i prefer the pc version (much better graphic), but its unplayable at the moment unless you choose the wide camera and i don't like this came at all it feel like insects are playing not humans.

and for those who are saying to tick of the frame skipping check box i always do that when ever i install the game so its not about the box its about the cod:FAIL:

i have played a few matches and clearly say the game needs to be patched by konami because some running and shooting mess the game up for example the shots are way too fast sometimes the camera can't catch them, running is a bit odd i hope konami make this game the best in the series and yes there is room for a patch fingers crossed this game has room for improvement pc version all the way.

they can't change the gameplay but make it better optimized just like before, i have something very important to say to everyone, i play on the keyboard and normally when you press q or r there are skill movements has anyone figured out how to do skill movems with keyboard??? pls it's important as iv compeletly forgotten to mention this

yes open settings.exe choose the keyboard tab you will see an image for an xbox 360 controller. press a button on the xbox image and then press the keyboard button you want to assign to it. in the game assign the right joystick whatever movement you want and that should work if that didn't work you can get a cheep controller for less than 5$ as its really hard to play with keyboard

Back
Top Bottom