6600GT Graphics Question

Bebeto 94

For the good of the game
9 November 2002
Liskeard, Cornwall
My trusty old ati 9800 pro kicked the bucket last week so i was forced to get another card and after browsing many hardware forums and reviews decided to go for a gigabyte nvidia 6600GT . When i first played the game on this new card i couldnt help notice that when playing on wide mode (using LODmixer) the players back numbers and letters had like a sparkle/glitter effect to them . I have tried just about all the settings for this card (AF/AA etc) but cant seem to get rid of this shiny pixel/glitter effect . I dont remember seeing this when i was using my 9800pro and was wondering if it had anything to do with an ati feature known as SMARTSHADER . Can anyone shed any light on this especially if you have either of the above cards , cheers guys , Steve.

Do you use updated drivers? That´s weird stuff because that graphic card is good enough to play PES 5 without any problems. I play with a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 64MB and if I turn off Sound and I put low resolution there are no problems.

The drivers that came with the card turn out to be the latest drivers . I run PES5 on the highest settings possible (incl. LODmixer) . The game plays fine its just that on my 9800 pro the back numbers and letters(zoomed right out) on wide mode were very tiny but smooth , with this card they seem pixelated and glittering and i have read on some forums that although the 6600GT is the superior card the 9800 pro has better image quality in some games . Steve

I have the gigabyte nvidia 6600GT, the current driver is version 8.1.9.8 its a sad truth, but its unusual to find the driver is up to date "out of the box".

Id say it was AA settings, just for troubleshooting i'd recommend setting LOD to default while you force different AA settings.

what res are you on?

You`re right , im now up to date as far as the driver is concerned but still cant set the thing up to stop the glittering pixel effect on the fonts . Im going to mess around with all the settings and lodmixer when i get in tonight to see if i can get it right .

Back
Top Bottom