a cracking way to score direct from corners

shabbathehut

Banned
15 January 2005
Brum
if you get a corner on the left hand side select pirlo as the kicker or someone just as good, pirlo is the best at this though. and when the screen that allows you choose where you want the ball to go tap the d pad 4 times to the left no other direction (in swinging towards the goal) now hit the power a little over half way and when the ball leaves pirlo's foot start to curl the ball towards the goal, the keeper gets confused and it lobs him 3 out of 5 times. here is the vid link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeA6I3Xaz7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZeLTP9LZyg
sorry second vid is a bit shit

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured this too, except with Jankulovski from the other side. The keeper does a spastic motion and ends up deflecting into the back of the net or, the defender heads it back into his own. It is one of the mutual 'no-nos' I have between friends when we play.

shabbathehut said:
if you get a corner on the left hand side select pirlo as the kicker or someone just as good, pirlo is the best at this though. and when the screen that allows you choose where you want the ball to go tap the d pad 4 times to the left no other direction (in swinging towards the goal) now hit the power a little over half way and when the ball leaves pirlo's foot start to curl the ball towards the goal, the keeper gets confused and it lobs him 3 out of 5 times. im at work at the mo but will upload a vid later

Looking forward to seeing this video mate! Yo should have just put this in my "Effective Corner" thread! I sorta made that thread for times like these when somebody has come up with a really effective method of scoring from a corner situation! Thanks anyways for sharing ure technique!

Nice technique... just tried it and it worked fine (I just need a litle more practice on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
KJK1LL3R said:
Looking forward to seeing this video mate! Yo should have just put this in my "Effective Corner" thread! I sorta made that thread for times like these when somebody has come up with a really effective method of scoring from a corner situation! Thanks anyways for sharing ure technique!

sorry mate did'nt realise you had a thread

No worries! Could you tell me exactly what buttons you press? Just four small light taps or heavy big taps? Also do you just hold left/right after you have filled the power bar or do you press up along with left/right or do you hold any of the shoulder buttons?

KJK1LL3R said:
No worries! Could you tell me exactly what buttons you press? Just four small light taps or heavy big taps? Also do you just hold left/right after you have filled the power bar or do you press up along with left/right or do you hold any of the shoulder buttons?

4 light taps and when the ball has left the foot only press left no up or any buttons just left, too much left and it will go for a goal kick too little and the keeper just saves it practice after a few goes you will get the hang of it.

shabbathehut said:
4 light taps and when the ball has left the foot only press left no up or any buttons just left, too much left and it will go for a goal kick too little and the keeper just saves it practice after a few goes you will get the hang of it.

Do you hold in left after you have hit the corner or do you just tap left a few times?

Help... CAn someone give a more detail instruction on how to score direct from corners????? I try but only score 1 in maybe 50shots?

mrlqq said:
Help... CAn someone give a more detail instruction on how to score direct from corners????? I try but only score 1 in maybe 50shots?

I'll try to post a video because it's hard to explain in english for me.

mrlqq said:

mate do exactly what i said with pirlo and all you have to do is hold left on the dpad when the ball just goes into the 18 yard box it works most of the time

shabbathehut said:
mate do exactly what i said with pirlo and all you have to do is hold left on the dpad when the ball just goes into the 18 yard box it works most of the time
So you dont hold left immediately? Do you wait until the ball has entered the 18-yard box?

shabbathehut said:
if you get a corner on the left hand side select pirlo as the kicker or someone just as good, pirlo is the best at this though. and when the screen that allows you choose where you want the ball to go tap the d pad 4 times to the left no other direction (in swinging towards the goal) now hit the power a little over half way and when the ball leaves pirlo's foot start to curl the ball towards the goal, the keeper gets confused and it lobs him 3 out of 5 times. here is the vid link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeA6I3Xaz7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZeLTP9LZyg
sorry second vid is a bit shit
I just saw badly badly badly goalkeeper. :mrgreen:

Terryb47 said:
what do you mean keeping the ball low?
I mean that i most of those goals, the ball is enters the net at around half way up the height of the post whereas if I used half power on my corner, the ball would maybe hit the top of the crossbar if i was lucky! The only way I can get the ball to saty down with half power is to hold :x: after I have hit the corner but this isnt supposed to be needed according to this thread!

That's strange, I only give half power (maybe bit less, usually 40-45%) and apply curve, that's it.

What player are you using? not that it matters, I've proven that non 99curve people can do it too :D

THANKS A LOT for the tip!!

damn, i thought those shots were impossible, but now i can make then with NAKAMURA from the right corner, its awesome!!

WOOHOOOO!

Back
Top Bottom