A guide for Winning Eleven newcomers

D

DropshoT7777777

Hello all, despite following the Winning Eleven series for years I have always managed to wait until it is released as Pro Evo.
This time the wait is going to be 6 months, i'm seriously P*ssd off playing PES5, its run its course with me and I can't wait that long so i'm going to purchase Winning Eleven 10.

What i'm asking is, is there any information people can give me regarding purchasing a Japanese console to play Winning Eleven. Is there an online shop where you can purchase them, what did you guys do? did you buy a Japanese console or did you somehow convert your system so it would play Japanese games?

Any help would be much appreciated so i'm ready for April 27th! Thanks guys.

ok, i have found this console on Play-Asia

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-49-en-70-c7j.html

Does anybody know if there would be a problem with the power supply? I have read that you need a stepdown for the UK power supply. would i just be able to plug the power supply from my normal playstation into it?

any help guys?

mate buy magic swap disk from ebay they let you play most imports and backup/copied games on your pal ps2 they only cost about £15 you need to tell the person your getting it from if you have old style/big ps2, new slimline black ps2 or the silver slimline as you need the different tools for whichever ps2 you have

1. Buy Swap Magic 3.6

2. If you have old big ps2 get a slide card, if you have slimline get silver magic keys

3. If your TV does not support 60 Hz (NTSC) you also need an RGB cable or else it will be black and white.

Hope this helps you. Go to www.swapmagic3.com for more detailed info

I will always recommend buying a brand new pre-modified PS2 that will last you many years to come.

http://www.modchipman.com sells them. Very good, well reputable site with fast/secure shipping ^ handling. I think they have PS2 slim one pre-mods with DMS3 or 4 modchip.

I got mine two years ago with DMS3 and it works like new today,.

My PS2 is chipped and I can play any kind of a game with it and pay only 2-3 dollars per game
If you have an opportunity find somewehere to chip it

Thanks guys. I was thinking about paying the £150 getting a new console from Play-Asia but with the PS3 coming out at the end of the year there is not much point.

This swap magic, so its easy enough to use? i have both the old big playstation and the new slimline. Which console would the swapmagic be easiest to use on?

I think i'll purchase WE9 too just to be sure that i can get it working because i would be gutted if WE10 turned up at my door and i couldn't get it to work!

DropshoT7777777 said:
Thanks guys. I was thinking about paying the £150 getting a new console from Play-Asia but with the PS3 coming out at the end of the year there is not much point.

This swap magic, so its easy enough to use? i have both the old big playstation and the new slimline. Which console would the swapmagic be easiest to use on?

I think i'll purchase WE9 too just to be sure that i can get it working because i would be gutted if WE10 turned up at my door and i couldn't get it to work!

I have swap magic 3.3 and the flip top lid. Flip top is much easier than the slide card.:)

Hey, I may get winning elevens 10 this year and i'm interested in getting the swap magic thing... is it easy to use with the slimline ps2? Also does it work with dvd-rs too? Is there any downsides to using this instead of modding your ps2?

I used a Swap Magic 3 to play import and back-up games on my slimline PS2. You can also get it for the orginal PS2.

Maybe you should try that DropshoT7777777.

EDIT: I see you have already been informed about that. lol

Last edited:
DropshoT7777777 said:
looks like a good site but i just wouldnt be comfortable sending my console away to someone i didn't trust.

I've ordered swapmagic 3.6 and a flip top lid. would i need any special tools to fit the lid to my PS2?

thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated. :applause:

Your choice mate i sent my ltd edition white ps2(old model) off got it back within 4 days!

Lets hope the game works with swap magic!

Back
Top Bottom