A Konami Rant..kind of

antred

Banned
15 August 2003
Well what can i say, WE10 is here and i am enjoying it but i cant help thinking, and getting a bit angry really over the absolute waste there is in the game.

Whats particular annoying is we have had the same stadiums, with one or two additions, for several years. Now that wouldnt be hard to stomach IF they put in a range of generic stadia - they dont even have to be known stadiums just to add some variety. Its especially annoying seeing that WEj has sooo many really lovely stadiums to choose from.

So theres the first rant out of the way. The second rant is about balls and extras. Can't konami think of other ways to make a title that caters for the pure footy fan? They have fifteen balls or so in this WE10 yet only a few of them are playable, you've got stupid stuff like meat ball and watermelon, i mean what a waste? Why not stick in better balls? What about instead of having stupid things like animals and dinosaurs they stick in extra graphics for changing the goal frames or something? Something that would make the game more complete, i mean gameplay is really important but the little touches can MAKE the game.

Im really annoyed at the wastage contained on these discs really, it could be so much more better and im a bit pissed with KONAMI to be honest. Im expecting GREAT things from the next Gen title so they better get their thinking caps on.

you're whining about stuff which can be rectified in patches.

no-one can fix the utter shite gameplay they've created on this one.

I agree with antred. This game could be much better if Konami had worked more on it instead of have wasted their time with stupid stuff... :roll:

And when you guys talk about patches and stuff like that, I don't think games are made waiting for patches and fixes, etc.. Konami should make the game the best way they can, and then we can make some stuff to improve it. But the reality is that Konami makes a game and then we make almost a whole game... :eh:

mIGUEL. said:
I agree with antred. This game could be much better if Konami had worked more on it instead of have wasted their time with stupid stuff... :roll:

And when you guys talk about patches and stuff like that, I don't think games are made waiting for patches and fixes, etc.. Konami should make the game the best way they can, and then we can make some stuff to improve it. But the reality is that Konami makes a game and then we make almost a whole game... :eh:

BANG ON THE MONEY.

It makes me wonder what these designers get paid for them. Look at say Crouch's face in WE10, and compare it to the face in one of the pes5 pc patch. People on the forum's can create these amazing faces ect, in and around there spare time, where as Konami have people who get paid to do this all day long! I can understand certain things due to licensing, but like you said with the balls, they could put some retro addidas balls ect if they have the addidas licence ect.From what i've read ect from Konami's comments since PES5 time, I think that they are just waiting for the next gen era to take off and focus on that and IMOA WE10 and most likely pes6 are just half hearted efforts, kinda on the back burner for them.

smurf1020 said:
From what i've read ect from Konami's comments since PES5 time, I think that they are just waiting for the next gen era to take off and focus on that and IMOA WE10 and most likely pes6 are just half hearted efforts, kinda on the back burner for them.
Hmmmm, what if their lack of effort continues in the next gen versions too?

antred said:
The second rant is about balls and extras. Can't konami think of other ways to make a title that caters for the pure footy fan? They have fifteen balls or so in this WE10 yet only a few of them are playable, you've got stupid stuff like meat ball and watermelon, i mean what a waste? Why not stick in better balls? What about instead of having stupid things like animals and dinosaurs they stick in extra graphics for changing the goal frames or something? Something that would make the game more complete, i mean gameplay is really important but the little touches can MAKE the game.

Im really annoyed at the wastage contained on these discs really, it could be so much more better and im a bit pissed with KONAMI to be honest. Im expecting GREAT things from the next Gen title so they better get their thinking caps on.

Exactly what I said when I found those bloody Astronauts, eagles and bees etc in WE8 (and what I would have said about the dogs in WE9 if I'd bothered unlocking them) - they make an awesome football simulation with a few things missing, then put in some utter nonsense instead of making it that 1% nearer perfection. You could probably say the same thing about the use of the frankly rubbish Master League instead of properly editable and configurable Leagues and career modes.

PS Hi everyone, it's been a while (again).

Back
Top Bottom