A Limt For Newbie's

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H@$$@N

Like a time limt if they dont post more than (an amount of post) in a couple of weeks they can't view the all the sections..

because alot people just come and take the stuff they need and go.. without helping other people or even thinking fo helping them

Would be better to force users to have to have been a memember for atleast a month to make a thread. So we don't just get some dumb kid starting threads like "post vannistelrooys face and detials here plase!!!!!!!!!!1111"

H@$$@N said:
Like a time limt if they dont post more than (an amount of post) in a couple of weeks they can't view the all the sections..

All that will do is encourage new members to spam shit, we have enough members talking crap already ;)

Placebo said:
All that will do is encourage new members to spam shit, we have enough members talking crap already ;)

That is very true Paul. We need prolific members, helpful ones. I agree with you though Hassan. It's unheard of to come here and just do nothing.

I like the idea of no "new thread" option for new users until they will reach at least 50 posts or will be here at least 2 weeks or even month
many of them "new" are previously banned members

I don't think we should do anything. I like the fact that we're so open - I consider places that have post limits etc. "snooty" and VERY annoying when you genuinely have something to contribute - and I'd rather have the boards the way they are and have n00bs posting random crap, than change them and have people posting even more random crap as well as people who have graphics, patches or whatever having to wait to post them.

Last edited:
Again?

If I remember right there have already been several discussions on that. If there's a limit that people only can create new threads after reaching a post count of let's say 50 for example it wouldn't really solve the problem as we then would have loads of and even more than now post which are like "lol :mrgreen:". So I agree with JB, erm CD to leave it as it is at the moment.

we could have users rating system
if you have too many negative votes (eg. > 40) you'd be baned :D
1 positive vote can remove 1 negative vote
one rating for one post, you couldn't rate the same post twice

it could look like that:

1. you see stupid unnecesary post
moron.png
2. click at user status and rate him
3. all votes from ppl with register date longer than 6 months will be counted, it would prevent morons from multiple accounts only to rating guy they don't like and finally senting him off

what you guys think? :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that personal likings and dislikings would come into play. I think the current system works fine - if mods see n00bs just post-boosting than they should bring it up with the admin and they decide what to do next.

Maybe instead of what you suggest, the "report post" feature could be used for the situation you specify...?

Edit: To be brutally honest with you, I really don't have a problem with post-boosters etc... What does it matter if someone has 100 posts just saying "lol :mrgreen:"? As long as they're not all in the same thread, I don't think it clogs up the forums really, and all of the work that patchers do etc. is for the PUBLIC - not the grateful public, not the intelligent public, the entire public. I would feel a bit miffed as a patch-maker if I couldn't share my work with as many people as possible, whether they're grateful, spiteful or full of shit. It's for everyone.

The only exception I'd have to that is the "Zico" - when it gets to thousands upon thousands of stupid, non-Winning Eleven related, non-funny, not-really-anything posts, then the person has to go; but the mod team would already do this.

Serious question H@$$@N, NickSCFC, Mayor, everyone really; and I'm not trying to be nasty or anything here, I'm genuinely interested... What is your problem with n00bs? I can cope with the odd "POST ROONY'S FACE FROM PES5 NOW", doesn't present a real problem to me!

Last edited:
User ratings? What makes one human being better to rate another human being? This is ridiculous.

I really think you're serious here.

you're rating other ppl all the time and you don't know it; you see big captured angry as Hulk lookin' man on the bus stop and a good weared nice lookin' man in suit, who would you ask about stoppin' smoke first?
or when you want to get a job in big company, you wear a suit, tie and removing piercing from your nose or just T-Shirt like on your avatar? ofcourse if you'd like to be taking serious you want boss would think the best about you

the same is with internet forums, after few month you can see who is smart, post logics replies, who is funny and who is not, who is like that Zico mentioned above always posting craps; you're rating all those ppl in your mind automatically so you know with who you can talk serious, with you you can kiddin' and for who you can say "fook off idiot" without getting in serious quarell

it wasn't me who wanted limits for newbies first, my proposal was just one of many potential ways of solving "spamming threads by new members problem" in this thread, at least kept in funny form I think

now I see you're getting it too serious with "who am I to rate another human being" and my mind tells me "they didn't get it"

eh, my english isn't so good to write good smartass posts :P

Your examples seem to be more about judging than rating. That first alinea was pretty hard to follow (I'm not trying to make fun of your english here, it just was), but I still don't agree. There's a difference in thinking something negative about a guy you see on the streets, compared to choosing an option if someone should be banned or not on the net.

I think your examples don't make this situation very clear. Lets keep it this way, I wasn't being serious in the first place.

I think its all getting a little out a hand, I like the ideas being put forward by everyone and respect everyone thought but things are great the way they are. I haven't been here long but I like it here and look forward to wasting hours by myself in my room here. Please don't be hasty and change things just for the hell of changing things.

Have to agree with the real slim shady. I like it as it is. Too many control freaks around on the internet. No need to make this another one.

NickSCFC said:
Would be better to force users to have to have been a memember for atleast a month to make a thread. So we don't just get some dumb kid starting threads like "post vannistelrooys face and detials here plase!!!!!!!!!!1111"

What the hell are you on about Nick? for fucks sake the forums are here to help people. I think its ridiculous to force people to post tom view certain topic. If this ever happens to this site I will cry like a little girl.

I just checked the member list then OMG theres like more than 50 pages of people with 0 posts im not kidding.
Thats just wasting time and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom