A question about Winning Eleven games, and the PS3.

matherto

20 times 20 times Man United
13 October 2004
St. Helens, Merseyside.
Manchester United
Just a quick one.

With the PS3 having region free games, does this mean that if Konami were to release a J-League version of 2009 with the J-League teams and stadiums, that us in Europe and everywhere else would be able to import it and play on it with absolutely no problem? (Well, aside from the language being set to Japanese).

Or have they stopped doing J-League games/will they do a region lockout?

PS3 is region free therefore you should be able to run JP and NA games on a PAL system without problems, unless I'm mistaken.

I think that's the reason why websites such as play-asia.com won't deliver certain games (aka, those games which are likely to get a localization for other markets in the next few months) to yurop and the U.S.

My biggest concern would be the current quality of PS3 versions of Winning Eleven instead since that's gonna be the piece of software they'll start working from when the time to develop the "next gen" JWE comes.

Games may be region free but you also have to consider the PAL / NTSC TV issue - for those of us in the U.S. Correct?

Games may be region free but you also have to consider the PAL / NTSC TV issue - for those of us in the U.S. Correct?

Don't you use HDMI cables anyway? Aren't those a standard throughout the world? Thought so.

Also: I've been using an unmodified JP NTSC-J Playstation 2 on my PAL television since 2000, all it takes is a slightly different scart cable.

Last edited:
No. I think Konami will patch WE and PES at the same time, so as long as you have the WE game it should try to patch itself.

Is there a J-League in the coming WE 2009 version, which will be release Okt 27 in Japan?

Got WE 2009 for PS3, no J-League in there but Konami always bring out an seperate J-League of the Winning series later on, back in the PS2 days anyway.

Back
Top Bottom