• Again: Talk about cracks or if a certain mod works on a cracked game and we will cut off your puny little pirate dicks.
  • Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.

A "Trigger Run" Button - One Thing PES Desperately Needs

ActionHank

Non-League
11 December 2002
Toronto, Canada
Not sure if there has been much comment on this already, but...

Although I generally prefer PES to FIFA by a long, long way, the one thing that FIFA does right at the moment that PES could really learn from is the implementation of a "Trigger Run" button.

I find the off-ball movement in PES to be lacking, and particularly where spaces open on the wings I find my fullbacks and wingers are often content to stand their ground, rather than making useful runs. In FIFA the "Trigger Run" button solves this problem.

I know in PES that you can trigger a run by initiating a 1-2, but surely there should be a way to trigger a run from a player who is yet to figure in the passing move.

Am I missing something? Is there some secret "Trigger Run" command that I've been missing all these years, or is this the one area where FIFA's gameplay is ahead of PES/WE?

ilcolosso

Non-League
23 September 2005
Nah, you are right, there's not a way to do it... IMO, the AI should do it automatically... We may see that on... PES 15?

Stealth131

Non-League
12 August 2003
London
Arsenal
Using manual strategies such as 'counter attack' or 'centre attack' or manually increasing the attack attitude can help, but I agree, it is not ideal.

sluuz

Non-League
8 August 2004
Zoetermeer, Holland
You can trigger a run by doing a 1-2 but also by passing to a teammate and quickly press R2. Unfortunately (and you're right there) you can't make a teammate run without giving him the ball...

Top Bottom