AA in PES6

Trax

Non-League
23 October 2006
Hey,

I have a patched PES6 with kitserver 6.2 and a lot of HD kits. I use lodmixer to put everything on the highest detail possible. Also in my PES6 settings I have everyting maxed out. (detail and resolution)

Still I see much more detailed screens from people here and I find I still have raw edges on my players. How is this possible? And what can I do about it?

P4
1024RAM
GeForce 6600XL

Many thanks in advance!

I heard that Juce has not implemented HD kits on kitserver 6.2 yet, if so thats probably why you are getting bad results.

(correct me if im wrong anyone)

Trax, have you played around with your actual graphics card settings? That's the key. You should have a specific control panel for your graphics card somewhere - I don't know about ATI cards but if you have a GeForce card then you just need to right click on your desktop and select 'nVidia control panel'.

Things like Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing are what you want to look at

I've changed the quality of the nvidia logo to it's best, but it won't do any good ingame. Beats me...

I've changed the quality of the nvidia logo to it's best, but it won't do any good ingame. Beats me...
OK, here's what I did. Make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers first though, otherwise we might be looking at a different control panel.

1. Go to 'Manage 3D Settings'. This should be written somewhere on the left hand size of the nVidia Control Panel window.

2. Click the 'Program Settings' tab.

3. PES6 almost certainly won't be on that list, so click the 'Add' button underneath your list of programs and locate the PES6.exe file.

4. Under this you should see the text 'Specify the settings:' followed by a list of features and settings. Use the following settings:

Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Antialiasing settings - 4x
Image settings - best quality
Negative LOD bias - clamp
Transparency antialiasing - supersampling
Trilinear optimisation - on
Triple buffering - on
Vertical sync - on (but you only really need this if you're getting the tearing across the screen that some people have reported).

Then click 'Apply' at the bottom to save the settings. This has made a major difference to my game, and believe it or not, it actually runs smoother than before I changed the settings! I have a 6600 which is a slightly inferior card to yours, so you'll be fine.

For what it's worth, I also tried similar settings with other games like GTA San Andreas, Sims 2 and Rome: Total War and they also look awesome with little to no reduction in performance. I wouldn't mess with your global settings though as some games might not like the changes - best to change the settings individually with each game.

Let me know how you get on.

AA itself actually has no effect, as the game engine doesnt support it and never has. some of the settings that you mention above do make a difference though, so its worth turning them all on and letting whichever ones work do the business.

First I want to say a big thanks for your help, but it just won't do it seems. Not with your settings, not with everything on high.

Darn... Wait for superpatch and try again? :(

AA itself actually has no effect, as the game engine doesnt support it and never has. some of the settings that you mention above do make a difference though, so its worth turning them all on and letting whichever ones work do the business.

I beg to differ - anti-aliasing made quite a big difference for me. And putting it up to maximum slows it right down, so it must be doing something.

I'm no expert, but I would have thought the game engine has nothing to do with it - otherwise why wouldn't it already be in the graphics options? Surely it's just a case of the graphics card detecting the edges of polygon models and smoothing them over?

First I want to say a big thanks for your help, but it just won't do it seems. Not with your settings, not with everything on high.

Darn... Wait for superpatch and try again? :(

In fairness your screenshot doesn't look a whole lot different to the way my game looks. If you're getting slowdown, put LODmixer back to defaults, put resolution down to 1024 or 1158, and reduce some of the settings. The overall difference in graphics isn't all that noticeable in my opinion and the smoothness of the gameplay will pay you back for anything you do lose.

Superpatch won't affect anything graphically.

Thanks again man, I'm not that upset about these graphics, but I just wanted to see how to get the most out of it.

Cya.

Everything on Max with 6600GT

max3ot1.png

max2lg4.png

max1uj3.png

OK, here's what I did. Make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers first though, otherwise we might be looking at a different control panel.

1. Go to 'Manage 3D Settings'. This should be written somewhere on the left hand size of the nVidia Control Panel window.

3. PES6 almost certainly won't be on that list, so click the 'Add' button underneath your list of programs and locate the PES6.exe file.

4. Under this you should see the text 'Specify the settings:' followed by a list of features and settings. Use the following settings:

Triple buffering - on
Vertical sync - on (but you only really need this if you're getting the tearing across the screen that some people have reported).

Then click 'Apply' at the bottom to save the settings. This has made a major difference to my game, and believe it or not, it actually runs smoother than before I changed the settings! I have a 6600 which is a slightly inferior card to yours, so you'll be fine.

For what it's worth, I also tried similar settings with other games like GTA San Andreas, Sims 2 and Rome: Total War and they also look awesome with little to no reduction in performance. I wouldn't mess with your global settings though as some games might not like the changes - best to change the settings individually with each game.

Great guide mate. I have a problem tho - after i've changed the settings and applied them, when i exit the nvidia panel the next time i start it my pes6 settings have disappeared! Any ideas? I'm using 93.71 drivers

so will it load those settings when i run the game? or do i have to change to the pes profile everytime?

Kinda bugs me i haven't been able to get the settings to work on my system, tought wo needs AA at 1900 x 1200 anyway. But i wold like to get 16 x AF working on this game. since at that res some images start to look a bit dissorted lol

Just confirming kitserver 6 has yet to have HD Kit support implemented

I have the advantage that as my laptop has a 1280x800 res, it is one of the few, if any, of widescreen res that PES 6 supports natively without hacks or whatnot

Triple buffering - on

just set my gf6800gt to the above settings and the game has gone from jerky to unbelievably smooth cheers

Glad I've helped a few people out. It does make a big difference - can't get my head round how it makes the game run smoother, but let's not complain about that! 8)

Great guide mate. I have a problem tho - after i've changed the settings and applied them, when i exit the nvidia panel the next time i start it my pes6 settings have disappeared! Any ideas? I'm using 93.71 drivers

I have no idea to be honest mate. It stores the settings for me, although I did notice once that it got rid of all my saved settings. Are you clicking 'Apply' and waiting for it to disappear before you close down the control panel? Easy thing to miss.

Back
Top Bottom