AARGGHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

antred

Banned
15 August 2003
Just got PES.

two immediate things:

Why cant i see the players in edit mode?

Have they dropped the mix and match strip feature????

WHY?????

Because no matter if the fanboys want to admit it or not this was a fucking pathetic excuse for konami to just try and cash-in off their fans with a game that has lost most of its features. Its downright sad.....

I suggest people just buy the PS2, Xbox, or PC version.............

deftonesmx17 said:
Because no matter if the fanboys want to admit it or not this was a fucking pathetic excuse for konami to just try and cash-in off their fans with a game that has lost most of its features. Its downright sad.....

I suggest people just buy the PS2, Xbox, or PC version.............
but why arent you saying the same about fifa next gen? only 8 leagues, a few
stadiums, no interactive leagues... less features then the current gen...

lost most of its features? I thought the only major feature missing was a complete edit mode? what other features are missing from PES6 current gen?

csaunders said:
but why arent you saying the same about fifa next gen? only 8 leagues, a few
stadiums, no interactive leagues... less features then the current gen...

lost most of its features? I thought the only major feature missing was a complete edit mode? what other features are missing from PES6 current gen?
Errrr.........do you realise its more acceptable that FIFA lost features because at least they built a completely new freaking engine unlike PES6 on 360. FIFA did lose teams and stadiums but it also added many features the current-gen versions didnt have.

As for lost features, just read other threads for yourself and its obvious how many features PES6 on the 360 doesnt have compared to current-gen.

And why did you even bring FIFA up anyways????????? I wasnt even speaking of it in this thread and I'm not going to anymore after this post.

Last edited:
deftonesmx17 said:
Errrr.........do you realise its more acceptable that FIFA lost features because at least they built a completely new freaking engine unlike PES6 on 360. FIFA did lose teams and stadiums but it also added many features the current-gen versions didnt have.

As for lost features, just read other threads for yourself and its obvious how many features PES6 on the 360 doesnt have compared to current-gen.

And why did you even bring FIFA up anyways????????? I wasnt even speaking of it in this thread and I'm not going to anymore after this post.

so pro evo 6 on the 360 doesn't have a new game engine at all ??????????
and they ported it from the ps2 and upped the AA???? damn

The reason FIFA07 might only have a few leagues etc is so EA can sell them back to you later on...

Think it's different with PES06 on xbox360..

and after playing it earlier today (thanks play.com! :) ) all I can say is wow, it feels rushed... :(

and although the xbox360 controller is great for most games, i feel it's not perfect for PES (had to swap the bumper/triggers over just to make it 'playable')

nosfour said:
so pro evo 6 on the 360 doesn't have a new game engine at all ??????????
and they ported it from the ps2 and upped the AA???? damn
Yup, same gameplay engine as the PS2 version.
dredd97 said:
The reason FIFA07 might only have a few leagues etc is so EA can sell them back to you later on...
So you don't think it has anything to do with them building a new game engine from scratch? The logic of some people around here astounds me............I'm not sure if many people have noticed, but game development takes a great deal of time when you build a new engine and many next-gen games have showed this and its not just games EA has made.

Last edited:
deftonesmx17 said:

I think he brought fifa up because you indirectly did yourself by using the word "fanboys".

merciless said:
I think he brought fifa up because you indirectly did yourself by using the word "fanboys".
The word fanboy itself has no indirect meaning of FIFA. It was obvious to see that I was stating fanboy in general. A fanboy is someone who is unwilling to accept obvious faults and the 360 version of PES6 is pathetic compared to the current-gen versions, which is why I said to buy the current-gen ones instead because at least they are a proper version of the game, considering that both use the same gameplay engine.;)

Last edited:
deftonesmx17 said:
Yup, same gameplay engine as the PS2 version.

So you don't think it has anything to do with them building a new game engine from scratch? The logic of some people around here astounds me............I'm not sure if many people have noticed, but game development takes a great deal of time when you build a new engine and many next-gen games have showed this and its not just games EA has made.

can you find me some info on that to back your reponse up ???
id be interested to see it.

nosfour said:
can you find me some info on that to back your reponse up ???
id be interested to see it.
What, that it takes a great deal of time to build a new engine from scratch?

If that is what you are referring to, here is my info to back it up, its called logic.

Or if its about the gameplay engine, just about any major video game site will tell you that its the same gameplay engine as the PS2 version. So I don't need to find it for you since its obvious you know how to use the internet.

Last edited:
deftonesmx17 said:
What, that it takes a great deal of time to build a new engine from scratch?

If that is what you are referring to, here is my info to back it up, its called logic.

Or if its about the gameplay engine, just about any major video game site will tell you that its the same gameplay engine as the PS2 version. So I don't need to find it for you since its obvious you know how to use the internet.

logic does not denote that you are correct.

and you being rude because i asked a simple question denotes something too.

nosfour said:
logic does not denote that you are correct.

and you being rude because i asked a simple question denotes something too.
When I say that building a game engine from scratch takes a great deal of time and effort, then yes by all means.........logic does denote that I am correct.

As for me being rude, yeah it makes me an ass and I have no problem admitting it. ;)

Last edited:
nosfour said:
so how long does it take to build a game engine from scratch????
Are you being serious? :shock: Anyways, it depends on the complexity of the engine and modern video game engines are very complex, especially next-gen engines. To put in perspective, the FIFA 07 next-gen engine took EA around two years to develope. "Seabass" himself said it would take well over a year or more to build a new PES engine, thus why PES6(360) uses the PS2 game engine. Valve spent how long on the source engine, 3-5years???? See where I'm going with this?

deftonesmx17 said:
Are you being serious? :shock: Anyways, it depends on the complexity of the engine and modern video game engines are very complex, especially next-gen engines. To put in perspective, the FIFA 07 next-gen engine took EA around two years to develope. "Seabass" himself said it would take well over a year or more to build a new PES engine, thus why PES6(360) uses the PS2 game engine. Valve spent how long on the source engine, 3-5years???? See where I'm going with this?

apologies that dont know the in's and out's of how a long a game engine
take's to create.

but you still have no proof to back your claim about the 360 version.
well apart from your seabass quote do you have a link to that ???

Last edited:
A new game engine takes around 2 years for development and around 6 months for testing.

That's why many developers use engines already created and sometimes even dated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom