About match length/time

Hamenaglar

Non-League
22 November 2008
About match length

I enjoy playing BAL mode on 20 minutes, but consistantly low ratings were bugging me. Not much later I noticed all other teams had more goals scored and conceded. Immediately I noticed there are usually four or five goals per match in simulated matches. I've tried then toning down the length of a match to ten minutes and more realistic results started appearing in simulated matches. It seems strange that match length affects the number of goals per match. Well anyway I've decided to tone down the length of the match to ten minutes and play it that way, but still my team was conceding and scoring far less than other teams. Even in games I wasn't participating (spent whole time on the bench) there were too few goals. Obviously (at least to me) there is a lack of balance in that department (it seems to me 20 minute matches should have been used as 'default' rather than 10). What I find even more frustrating is that the length of a match is directly linked with player ratings. Basically if you play a longer match, the game expects you to do more. So on 10 or 5 minute matches I can get very good marks (I just have to do something), but on 20 or 30 it's almost impossible for me to get more than 6.5 (and I've yet to see a higher mark than 7.0 in cpu controlled players)

Is there any way to fix this, because it's really ruining my game experience and it will keep doing so. Too bad because otherwise it's an enjoyable game.

Maybe this is old news to you guys, but I've missed a couple of installments and I'm completely surprised with this.

P.s. All this was conducted in BAL mode, patch 1.1 (no 1.2. installed). Maybe it's different in other modes or 1.2 version but I doubt it.

P.p.s. I suppose nobody else cares about this too much.

Edit: Is anybody else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom