Absolutely disgraceful...

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
Hello everyone in the Football forum :mryellow:

Watched the Blackburn v Bolton match tonight, and was apalled by a couple of things:

1. The dive by El Hadji Diouf of Bolton, which is just terrible and needs to be eliminated from the game alltogether. Here it is if anyone didn't see it...

Diouf Disgraceful Dive v Blackburn (24th Jan 05)

2. There was another terrible incident where Nolan of Bolton committed a shocking two-footed tackle on Savage. He only got a yellow card!!! I was just stunned that he didn't get a red. What surprised me further was that it wasn't even discussed or mentioned after the game, which is why I couldn't get a video of it.

Nolan Two Footed Tackle v Blackburn (24th Jan 05)

Just wondered what people's opinions are of the dive, and if anybody else saw the two-footed tackle and would agree / disagree with me!

Last edited:
He should be rewarded for twatting savage! Diouf's a dirty git, I hate to say it, but we could do with him back at liverpool to replace Nunez! That dive was terrible, really pisses me off.

MrCoopz said:
i saw the tackle and they both went in 2 footed
Your havin a laugh aint ya!?!?!?

Savage was on the floor, sliding, Nolan jumped into the tackle with no intention of getting the ball!!!

No footage yet Milanista, as I said, I'm suprised nothing more was made of it after the game.

It will probably be on Sky Sports News tomorrow so I'll try an capture video from there.

timedwins7 said:
Your havin a laugh aint ya!?!?!?

Savage was on the floor, sliding, Nolan jumped into the tackle with no intention of getting the ball!!!

look again and u will see savage went in two footed but got the ball and nolan was late

Well, regardless of that, Nolan lunged in two-footed which should result in a straight red card.

Do you agree?

Diouf is the lamest football player I have ever seen, if he aint spitting on people he is diving or doing idiotic things, somethings has to be done about him.

I thought a 2 footed challenge was a straight red?..seems like the rules only apply for certain people.

This is why they need video evidence to be used, obviously Diouf is going to keep doing it if he aint been punished, if they had the balls to use video evidence it would make football a better sport, but its slowly turning into a pile of shit.

sorry but bothered? diouf won his team a penalty of the refs stuipid enough to give it, then thats just bad luck on blackburns part, diouf took a chance he got lucky let me ask you England fans this

World Cup 2006 Final

0-0 91st minute

Michael Owen make a run into the box, minimal "if any" contact he goes down ref points to the spot he scores, england win the world cup,

Is it disgraceful then????

people need to not be so high and mighty i bet any club in the league has a player whop has dived to win a free-kick/penalty, it annoys me when people go up in arms about it, like john pearce on motd when morientes dived he took a moral high stance over that "old fashoined centre forwards wouldn't have done that" were you there john do you know that???...twat

worry more about wankers like savage who feign injuries i.e. brum vs villa dion dublin "headbutt"

First mate, you cannot blame the ref for giving the pen, it's all about the angle he sees it from and it may and must have looked like there was contact. You should blame Diouf for deliberately trying to cheat.

Second, if Owen did it it still would be disgraceful. Diving at any level by any player is disgraceful

Third, old fashioned centre forwards did not dive. Morientes clearly dived against Southampton, which Motson correctly pointed out. Don't have a got at Motty.

Owen has done it - Argentina game WC 2002. Professional game, professional people being ruthless. End of story.

Yea that Nolan challenge shoulda been a straight red, although Savage did the same thing so that would make it 2 reds?..instead of killing the game making them both play with 10 men, perhaps the ref shoulda given them atleast a yellow each, did he?.

a two footed tacle is by the rules, if not mistaken, a red card if the player hits the opponent, but it's a yellow at least, even if he reaches the ball!

bout the dive... too used to it... happens in every game in the portuguese league... won't even bother to comment!

Only until I saw the replay from the one close in angle was I certain that he wasn't touched... He's one fine cheater.

I dont understand why he acts like that because from what I have seen, he is a good player, he needs to be punished or he is just gonna keep doing it knowing the refs cant see past 4 feet.

yes he did do it in 98 too, biker jim.

As for Diouf, glad he's at Bolton.....pillock haircut=pillock man

Afaik he is still property of Liverpool so expect him to give you a bad name when (if) he comes back! :)

kingpug said:
Yea that Nolan challenge shoulda been a straight red, although Savage did the same thing so that would make it 2 reds?..instead of killing the game making them both play with 10 men, perhaps the ref shoulda given them atleast a yellow each, did he?.
The referee, Steve Bennet just booked Nolan, nothing for Savage. Looking at it further, I must apologize to MrCoopz, as I can now see that Savage did indeed also go in two-footed. Sorry mate. From what I could remember I thought it was only Nolan.

As many of you do/do not know, I am a referee and I'll quote you the actual law regarding two-footed challenges:

Laws of Association Football said:
"Serious Foul Play" is a sending off offence...A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So from that, Nolan should have been sent off, maybe just a yellow for Savage as he didn't really lunge into the tackle, whereas Nolan jumped full on into it.

timedwins7 said:
The referee, Steve Bennet just booked Nolan, nothing for Savage. Looking at it further, I must apologize to MrCoopz, as I can now see that Savage did indeed also go in two-footed. Sorry mate. From what I could remember I thought it was only Nolan.

As many of you do/do not know, I am a referee and I'll quote you the actual law regarding two-footed challenges:

So from that, Nolan should have been sent off, maybe just a yellow for Savage as he didn't really lunge into the tackle, whereas Nolan jumped full on into it.

Apology accepted ;)

Oh and someone mentioned Owen diving, he may have dived but he was at least touched most players wait for a touch then go down.

That cheater fucker Kewell did it agaist us, in injury time and got a peno and a 1-0 win

The Sun's headline today is "Conman Kewell!" and reporter Michael Morgan describes the scene. "We were three minutes into time added on by referee Paul Alcock when Wizard of Oz Harry Kewell tumbled in the box following a challenge by Horacio Carbonari".

Man U get away with it and as Big Sam said Bolton have had good claims for penalties in the past and have got nothing. Some you get, some you dont, simple as that!

I mean most other players would have done the same. It's just they way football is nowadays.

ScottBrown said:
Man U get away with it and as Big Sam said Bolton have had good claims for penalties in the past and have got nothing. Some you get, some you dont, simple as that!

I mean most other players would have done the same. It's just they way football is nowadays.
manu u, ok so now you have it down to one team, what a bunch of shit, ALL TEAMS DO IT....

Back
Top Bottom