Add to this Thread your predictions for the Premiership season

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
This thread is not for who will win or lose etc its for the predictable actions teams and fans will take through out the season that happen year after year.

I will start off.

Liverpool will draw far too many winable games in the first half of the season ruling them out of the Premiership race.
Thier fans will also get on the back of Steven Gerrard for not trying hard enough and want to sell him.
But then he will score a wonder goal in the last minutes of a cup game at the end of the season and be hyped again for being the greatest player in the premiership. (ps this has happened the last two seasons).

Gilberto Silva will pick up a knock over the christmas period and arsenal will be stuck playing a third rate player in his place while high quality attacking midfielders will languish on the bench. This will be known as the 'Wenger infatuation with technically gifted youngsters' syndrome and will cause arsenal to miss out on another title.

I have a very bold prediction.
At the end of the season, the number of wins of all teams will be exactly the same as the number of losses.

Oh and of course Chelsea will be champions, but that's a very easy one...Michaël carrick's new team will end after his old team and Wigan faces a very difficult second season...

Henry will score no goals ;)

And Reyes (if he stays) will score 25.

Chelsea will have a hard time in the begginning but in the end they will still take the title. ManU will start great thanks to Ronaldo but will fail and concede points against lesser teams but will win chelsea both times.

the seasons will end like this
1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3.Arsenal
4.Tottenham
5.Man UTD Also Chelsea will win the champions league
the FA cup will go to tottenham and the league cup will go to Arsenal
Man utd will get no silver ware and sack alex ferguson

My 06/07 EPL predictions

Not gonna write my prediction for the whole league table (though that'd be a cool idea if others were into it and then once season is over we could somehow compare to see who was closest overall!?)

But I think this season, Liverpool is the most likely team to push Chelsea and mount a more serious title challenge but Chelsea will still come out on top and win a 3rd successive league.

Tottenham will have another great season but just fail to break into the top 4 and end 5th for a 2nd consecutive year.

So...

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham

Fulham in my opinion will have a really really tough season ahead and come April/May time, they will be in one of the 3 relegation places or close thereabouts and could find themselves relegated.

Bolton won't finish in top 8 as they have in past few previous campaigns and will have to settle for a more mediocre/disappointing season than they have become accustomed to in past couple years.

Everton on the other hand I see finishing in the top 8 as they don't have Europe to distract them this season and a decent squad with a decent manager and some of the new signings like AJ will definitely help their cause.

Wigan won't do as well as last year but Paul Jewell will have enough to keep the club from getting possibly relegated.

Newcastle fans will be in for another season of disappointment and mediocracy. (8-11th place prediction) (Mid-table mediocracy basically)

West Ham and Blackburn will have respectable seasons again and finish in top half and battle it out with Everton and couple other teams for those place behind the '5 big guns'

Portsmouth and their new-found money won't do anything incredibly impressive but they won't be in danger of relegation either and finish somewhere around 11th-12th place.

Shef Utd will avoid getting relegated and stay for another season at least in The Prem.

=========================================================================

Well these are my predictions and I'm brave enough to do them. :p

I guess we can come back in 8-9 months time and see if I'm wrong on every account or maybe have pulled out a few correct predictions at least. ;)

Re: My 06/07 EPL predictions

PLF said:
Not gonna write my prediction for the whole league table (though that'd be a cool idea if others were into it and then once season is over we could somehow compare to see who was closest overall!?)

But I think this season, Liverpool is the most likely team to push Chelsea and mount a more serious title challenge but Chelsea will still come out on top and win a 3rd successive league.

Tottenham will have another great season but just fail to break into the top 4 and end 5th for a 2nd consecutive year.

So...

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham

Fulham in my opinion will have a really really tough season ahead and come April/May time, they will be in one of the 3 relegation places or close thereabouts and could find themselves relegated.

Bolton won't finish in top 8 as they have in past few previous campaigns and will have to settle for a more mediocre/disappointing season than they have become accustomed to in past couple years.

Everton on the other hand I see finishing in the top 8 as they don't have Europe to distract them this season and a decent squad with a decent manager and some of the new signings like AJ will definitely help their cause.

Wigan won't do as well as last year but Paul Jewell will have enough to keep the club from getting possibly relegated.

Newcastle fans will be in for another season of disappointment and mediocracy. (8-11th place prediction) (Mid-table mediocracy basically)

West Ham and Blackburn will have respectable seasons again and finish in top half and battle it out with Everton and couple other teams for those place behind the '5 big guns'

Portsmouth and their new-found money won't do anything incredibly impressive but they won't be in danger of relegation either and finish somewhere around 11th-12th place.

Shef Utd will avoid getting relegated and stay for another season at least in The Prem.

=========================================================================

Well these are my predictions and I'm brave enough to do them. :p

I guess we can come back in 8-9 months time and see if I'm wrong on every account or maybe have pulled out a few correct predictions at least. ;)

What about Villa new owner & manager please! input

Villa isn't only team I didn't talk about Bebo.

I didn't mention Man City, Reading, Watford, Boro and Charlton either but you can more or less guess where I think they'll end up due to other teams and their positions being posted.

I think Villa will have another tough season. The only good thing about the club since last season is a good manager I rate in Martin O'Neil. But the squad is still somewhat 'thin' and also has a lot of injury-prone players.

Unless some bodies and more importantly 'quality additions' can be made to the squad, I think it'll be another less than impressive season for them. They won't have relegation problems but I don't see them finishing in top half either.

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Spurs
5. Man. United

Chelsea and Liverpool are the most consistent teams for me. Arsenal will have some moments in the competition where they will lose some points, where they don't have too. Spurs will have a good season and finally get the CL-football they so desperatly want. Manchester will have a hard season.

My top5:

1.Chelsea
2.Man. utd.
3.Liverpool
4.Arsenal
5.tottenham

West Ham, i think will have a good season and get a European ticket

Wigan, will struggle, but they have Denny Landzaat, so they should still stay up

Blackburn, also expecting a good season from them and European Football

Bolton, i somehow think will do bad and end up round place 14-15

Although, im usually crap at prediction satuff like this, so expect it to end up entirely diffrent ;)

Here's my top 5 for the upcoming season:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham Hotspurs

Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool will battle hard for the 1. place, but i think that the young Arsenal squad, has gathered enough experience to take the title. Man Utd is really going to feel the loss of RVN this season, and i don't think that Saha is good enough to fill out the empty space, that RVN left. Carrick will definately be a bonus for The Red Devils, but they're not good enough to win the league yet, and they will end on a 4th place.

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man United
Arsenal
Tottenham
Blackburn

Sheffield United will stay up. Reading will stay up on the last day of season. Fulham will go down with Watford

Chelsea will win the CL...at last.
Tottenham..FA Cup....Blackburn League cup

Top goal scorers:

Henry
Berbatov
Sheva
Saha
Bellamy

Players who will develop and/or impress this season:

Sissoko
Downing
Hargreaves (If the move goes ahead)
Lennon
Rosicky
A.Ferdinand
Lita
Zokora
Berbatov
Bellamy
Kalou
Trabelsi
Parker
Tonge
Landzaat

;)

Last edited:
Here Is The Magazine "FourFourTwo" Prediction:

1. Chelsea (surprise, surprise)
2. Arsenal (erm really is a surprise)
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd (well will they really be that bad ?)
5. Tottenham
6. Newcastle
7. West Ham (WOW)
8. Bolton
9. Blackburn
10. Everton
11. Man City
12. Portsmouth
13. Wigan
14. Charlton
15. Reading
16. Middelsbrough (i find this one a surprise)
17. Fullham
----------------
18. Aston Villa
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Watford

"Sports Interactive" ("Football Manager" creators) Prediction:

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. West Ham (WOW)
7. Blackburn
8. Man City
9. Bolton
10. Everton
11. Portsmouth
12. Newcastle (i think the Toon will do well)
13. Charlton
14. Middlesbrough (do these guys not like the Boro or something ?)
15. Fullham
16. Wigan
17. Watford (dont think they will saty up)
----------------
18. Reading
19. Aston Villa (not with Martin O'Niel in charge)
20. Sheffield Utd

My prediction:

1. Chelsea (grrrrr)
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal (i am an Arsenal fan)
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Newcastle
7. Middlesbrough
8. Wigan
9. West Ham
10. Bolton
12. Man City
13. Charlton
14. Everton
15. Aston Villa
16. Reading
17. Portsmouth
----------------
18. Sheffield Utd
19. Fullham
20. Watford

I think My Table is maybe a tad too controversial but thats what i think :)

Top Goal Scorers:

1. Thierry Henry
2. Shevechenko
3. Wayne Rooney
4. Bellamy
5. Frank Lampard

Last edited by a moderator:
My Top 5 predictions:

01. Chelsea
02. Arsenal
03. Manchester United
04. Liverpool
05. West Ham United

I hope Newcastle United won't have a disappoint season, but it's the most probably I think. :(

1.Arsenal
2.Liverpool
3.Chelsea
4.Man Utd
5.West Ham

@PLF I`m eager to see Martin O'Neil and what he can bring to villa

It's a good change Bebo but like I said the squad hasn't strengthened much yet since last year where they weren't good enough in many games and short-on cover! (2 signings from ST. Gallen thus far! :roll: )

So the squad is still lacking quality in certain positions but more importantly lacking 'DEPTH' and injuries will play their part so there is only so much even a decent manager can do for a team.

So I think having O'Neil in charge is a bonus but I don't see Villa doing better than 10th place at BEST but expect them around 13th.

p.s. This is going well guys. It'd be interesting to see everyone's predictions BEFORE the season gets under way!!

Cuz some things can change once we've seen one of the new teams/managers play or new signings happen!

So everybody predict NOW and don't use the EDIT button later either. :p

I really dont care about the top 4, I couldnt even tell you who finished where last season (except Chelsea champions)

the only slightly exciting part of the Premiership is the bottom 6 or so, and I dont want to make a prediction because I'm superstitious :p

Right thought i'd have a go, i'll do the whole table, cause me and my gf do this and the winner gets a meal, but she's in romania so this'll be proof i did it before the first game

1.Chelsea
--------------
2.Liverpool
3.Man Utd
4.Arsenal
--------------
5.Tottenham
6.Newcastle
7.West Ham
8.Everton
9.Man City
10.Blackburn
11.Portsmouth
12.Bolton
13.Charlton
14.Wigan
15.Aston Villa
16.Sheff United
17.Reading
-------------------
18.Middlesbrough
19.Fulham
20.Watford

Chelsea to win the league again, but to wobble around christmas and Liverpool make them sweat.

Liverpool
will start to turn draws into wins, Bellamy and Kuyt score 13 goals each

Arsenal have a great start but fade and the Henry rumours start over again.

Newcastle sign a striker and another player in the last two days of the Transfer window and fight with Tottenham and Arsenal for the 4th Champions League place

Middlesbrough and Fulham have awful seasons, win some games at home but fail to win a game away from home.

Sheffield Utd start badly but do a Portsmouth and make a run in the last 3 months and climb out of relagation.

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Arsenal

1. Berbatov
2. Saha
3. Shevchenko
4. Henry
5. Ronaldo

What do I know anyway? This is just hope. :p

Well then maybe we can make a new thread for you Jay called "What you hope happens this upcoming EPL season". :p

@gib, it seems our predictions in 8/10 areas are very close. Only a few difference in opinions.

I too think it'll be tough for Gareth and his first managerial job and Boro will struggle but probably not get relegated. ;)

Well that didnt take long few more of those and its over.

Like last year Chelsea struggled first game of the season vrs wigan but still managed to get the winning goal in the end

Forest 3 out of 3

I think the fact that the transfer window is still open, makes a HUGE difference. I'll give my predictions once it closes.

Back
Top Bottom