Adu Goal

gomito#10

World Cup Winner
9 May 2003
DC, USA
Remember he is 16

mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2005/open/topplays/archive10/100505_dcursl_adu_goal_384.wmv

cut and paste into WMV, for you Sheffield Wesnday fans, thats john harkes on the commentary

How ridiculous did that pitch look with all the American football markings on it :nono:

Good finish though!

yeah i agree, looked stupid, but i did happen to catch a cola championship match with the rugby markins on....

phrase said:
Its a shame that a football game has to be played on an american football pitch.How fast is Adu,gawwwdddammnniiit!!
funny that you mention speed and that american pitch, the thing is, on artifical turf, people can run faster, especially the really quick ones like Adu...

No offence to the American ML but he really needs to get snapped up by a big Premiership or European club so he can learn the particulars of playing in the CL. His opponents may not be the best at the moment but technique is obvious to see no matter who you line up against.

Definitely one of the hottest prospects in the world today. What's his best position? Is he what you'd call an out-and-out striker or is he more support striker?

He wouldnt be able to hack it in the Premiership. Its too physical for him.

Isn't Adu really full of himself?

Iv seen clips of news reporters in america sayin how much he boasts etc.

I don't like that in players when they believe theyr own hype.

Joystick said:
No offence to the American ML but he really needs to get snapped up by a big Premiership or European club so he can learn the particulars of playing in the CL. His opponents may not be the best at the moment but technique is obvious to see no matter who you line up against.

Definitely one of the hottest prospects in the world today. What's his best position? Is he what you'd call an out-and-out striker or is he more support striker?
he cant until he is 18, euro rules, he also needs a work permit, i doubt he can get one... probably needs to go to holland

noise said:

if you were dubbed the next pele, were in a commercial with pele, were the highest paid player in the league and some of the players could be your dad, i think you would have a big ego too.... all players must have confidence or they will end up being avg

RuneEdge said:
He wouldnt be able to hack it in the Premiership. Its too physical for him.
you know this based on....... give him time, he still has three years to grow.... i.e. between last season and this season he grew two inches and 20 pounds

Joystick said:

not a striker at all, rooney type player

his dream team is Chelsea...Adu`s mother was in the highbox w/ chelsea big wigs discussing his future when DC united hosted.i think his little arrogance will be fine for chelsea

even if it is "just MLS", magnificent strike, beautiful run and great technique.

i haven't followed his story or how he is doing, but that video is one banger.credits to adu! :applause:

i dont think chelsea, probably inter milan

i see him as the future martins, he has to improve alot more to get in europe though.

OMG what a pitch. :lol:
The MLS better get green pitches where on can really see where does the box start and finish.

At least it should be easier to signal offsides.

but a nice goal by Adu.

csaunders said:
you know this based on.......
His size. Look how tiny he is. As skillful players like him always get battered in the Premiership.

Thats the way English defenders work. If you cant beat them, you literally beat them.

*cough*ShaunWright-Phillips*cough*
*cough*NigelReo-Cooker*cough*
*cough*Defoe*cough*

Yes it would be too physical for him....

RuneEdge said:
His size. Look how tiny he is. As skillful players like him always get battered in the Premiership.

Thats the way English defenders work. If you cant beat them, you literally beat them.
he just turnend 16... Michael Owen...

Revan said:
OMG what a pitch. :lol:
The MLS better get green pitches where on can really see where does the box start and finish.

At least it should be easier to signal offsides.

but a nice goal by Adu.
its only like htat for two months of a 6 month season.... and only 5 fields out of 12

noise said:

quite the opposite. he was here in holland for the wk under 17 and he was the most relaxed out of all of the interviewed players. really cheerfull and open, just having fun playing football. he would play with the kids that came watching to the trainging sessions. i really hope he joins psv, he can grow here without to many media attention.

He cant come to a big team straight away.No work permit will be granted plus he cant develop his full potential at teams like United,Chelsea or Inter Milan.I think goin to Holland would be a good option for him,I know PSV has good american connections and it would be good for him as DaMarcus Beasley is there.

Back
Top Bottom