Advice on best nVidia/other graphics settings

beachryan

Golden Boot Winner
4 July 2003
Bermuda
Hi all. Am trying to maximise performance of my PES6, having real issues. Not a bad box (AMD 3500+, 1GB RAM, nVIDIA 6600 w/ 256mb) but its just not running well. Looking for how people are set up to play the game?

hi m8,

i'm running on a go 66000gt (laptop) with 1gb ram and 1.8ghz.

Got settings at high and resolution at 1280 X 800. I have vsync disabled, and although there is the occasional 'line' that flickers on the screen as a result of this, everything else is pretty smooth.

Also in the 'read me' file it states to reduce the sound acceleration to Basic or none.

Looks and runs fine. (and look for something to play the game without inserting the DVD. I've heard that this stops the stuttering:D )

What issues are you having anyway?

I'm also running a 6600gt, 1600x1200 60hz, which is max hz for my monitor at that resolution, and i'm getting 60fps with settings on high. CPU is AMD64 Athlon 3000+ and 1gig of ram, Vsync is disabled, and with most of the major mods, turf, sound, crowd, kitserver etc.

So I'd say it runs pretty well, and when you think about it, a 6600gt AGP card is well behind the times now, so it makes you wonder what KANOMI could do with the graphics, if they made the high settings to cater for high end graphic cards. Lets hope the next release they do just that, as i for one would of upgraded to a much better PC by then.......:).

i have a geforce 6600 128 mb on a laptop...any recommendations for that? and how do u change the sound accelaration.didnt find any option there int he advanced settings

From the Start menu, choose 'Run' then type in 'dxdiag' and click 'OK'. Select the 'Sound' tab, change the slider and then hit 'Exit'.

I HAVE A 6600GT 256 I ALSO HAVE A 19" TFT MONITOR I RUN PES 6 ON HIGH SETTINGS AND MAX RESOLUTION FOR MY MONITOR AND THE GAME RUNS SMOOTHLY FOR THE FIRST HALF BUT THE SECOND HALF IT JUMPS REALLY BAD

ANY IDEAS

To play it how its suposed to play, Vsync needs to be on, and the refesh rate needs to be set at 60Hz, if its not a 60Hz and vsync is off you are gonna cause your opponent online all kinds of problems as the game will be running at different speeds, this will cause lag and also the pulling effect.

Any GF6 card can run it at these settings, at a res of 1280 x 1024 or the widescreen equivilant, if you cant you must have a configuration problem with your PC.

footyfan said:
To play it how its suposed to play, Vsync needs to be on, and the refesh rate needs to be set at 60Hz, if its not a 60Hz and vsync is off you are gonna cause your opponent online all kinds of problems as the game will be running at different speeds, this will cause lag and also the pulling effect.

Any GF6 card can run it at these settings, at a res of 1280 x 1024 or the widescreen equivilant, if you cant you must have a configuration problem with your PC.

you cannot use 60hz if you are playing on a crt!1eleven
for me the no-dvd + forceware 96.89(beta) from www.guru3d.com
made the game very smooth (like we9le)

/edit: @footyfan -.-

Last edited:
I have a 7800gtx with a 21" flat panel monitor and I had the same line flickering on the screen until I put AF on x16, that seemed to solve the problem. I also had my refresh rate at 75mhz and it was laggy as hell. So, with 60 mhz, vsync enabled, and AF on x16 the game runs great...

how do you enable v sync? i have a g7600s and run top settings now problem but was just wondering about the v-sync

So by turning on v-sync you can get rid of that line that occasionally turns up in the middle of the screen? I have the no-dvd and an Ati x800xl, it runs fine on 1280x1024 but that line in the middle is annoying. Any help, please?

6600gt 1gb ram on 1.7hz Centrino laptop.

1280 X 800 on high settings with vsync off runs fine (except for 'line' now and again)

If vsync is 'on' then the 'line' dissappears, but i get bad slow down on occassions (even if I turn settings/resolution down)

Any ideas how to sort this out? (it's not related to dvd protection coz i use no-dvd exe)

Cheers

Tlev, you should be able to force vsync with catalyst drivers (I think). I can with my Nvidia drivers 3D settings panel.

Dirtschmooz, I too have this issue, I have a desktop AMD64 3800+X2, 7900GT and 2GB RAM but still get the odd stuttering, kind of got used to it though. Runs smooth with vsync off but get terrible tearing. I'm running No-DVD aswell as I heard that solves the problem. Tried turning down the res but still there so I stick with my native 1440x900.

anyone any other tips that I might have missed?

dirtschmooz said:
6600gt 1gb ram on 1.7hz Centrino laptop.

1280 X 800 on high settings with vsync off runs fine (except for 'line' now and again)

If vsync is 'on' then the 'line' dissappears, but i get bad slow down on occassions (even if I turn settings/resolution down)

Any ideas how to sort this out? (it's not related to dvd protection coz i use no-dvd exe)

Cheers

this is exactly the problem a friend of mine has.
vsync off = tearing but smooth
vsync on = stuttering...

i do not have the problem even @85hz...

wats vsync m8 im stutterin on the m/l wats up with that about . its runnin on a rad/9700pro any help its gettin on my tits

if your graphcs card is running the game quicker than the monitor can handle you'll see 'tearing' accross the screen. vsync mforces them to match their speed though can cause framerate issues. In my case stuttering, despite fraps saying that the framerate is staying at 60fps.

Hello!

I have a GeForce 6600 128Mb and I play the game with good quality, but I have that anoying "line" in the centre of the screen.... how can I solve this problem?

Thank's everyone!

;)

Roamer said:
you should be able to force vsync using your nvidia control panel.

I realy can´t find vsync on nvidia control panel... can you give me some help with this?

Thank's again!

;)

can't remember exactly, but should be under 3D settings with aa and af settings. You can setup your 3D setting for individual programs. Find pes6.exe in the programs profiles section and select that then scroll down and find the vsync setting and set to 'force on'.

This is all from memory as I'm not at on my pc at the mo.
Should be in there somewhere

Roamer said:
can't remember exactly, but should be under 3D settings with aa and af settings. You can setup your 3D setting for individual programs. Find pes6.exe in the programs profiles section and select that then scroll down and find the vsync setting and set to 'force on'.

This is all from memory as I'm not at on my pc at the mo.
Should be in there somewhere

You gave a big HELP here... Thank's!

The anoyng line is gone! Now the game runs great, but sometimes the sound of passing doesn't seem to follow the player's movement, do you know why?

Big Thank's again!

;)

:( Pahhhh! Konami??? its a desaster!!!

I have a Pentium4 with 3,6Gb, 1024Mb ddr Ram, and and Nvidia Geforce 5200FX, so its first Time i play on Pc(i normaly use PS2)! but after starting Matches stuttering, after a few seconds its well!So i have downloaded New drivers for my Grapic card!Nothing the same, so i wentto Pc shop and get a better Graphik Card a nvidia Ceforce 6600GT, pah the same so.......!!!

thanks konami, and this with graphics who a simmilar to PS2????:shock:

Their seems to be a belief that You need a high end Graphics card for PES6,

I have posted a number of times my setup.this proves otherwise.

Nvidia Geforce4 MX440,64mb
Samsung Syncmaster Monitor 913n on 60 hertz
Play 1280 x 1024 high , using 3D ANALYSE.
Pentium 4

:( Pahhhh! Konami??? its a desaster!!!

I have a Pentium4 with 3,6Gb, 1024Mb ddr Ram, and and Nvidia Geforce 5200FX, so its first Time i play on Pc(i normaly use PS2)! but after starting Matches stuttering, after a few seconds its well!So i have downloaded New drivers for my Grapic card!Nothing the same, so i wentto Pc shop and get a better Graphik Card a nvidia Ceforce 6600GT, pah the same so.......!!!

thanks konami, and this with graphics who a simmilar to PS2????:shock:

I have a 6600Gt this is how i PLAY on PC

Much much better quality then ps2!

max3ot1.png

max1uj3.png

bordpe4.png

nikeeqj2.png

max2lg4.png

Back
Top Bottom