4 March 2008
Holland
Ajax
Clublogo:
200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

Full name: Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax
Nicknames: Joden(Jews), Godenzonen (Sons of the Gods), Ajacieden
Founded: March 18, 1900 (110 years)
Ground: Amserdam ArenA (Capacity:51,638)
Chairman: Uri Coronel
Manager: Martin Jol
League: Eredivsie
2008/2009: 3rd
Main Sponsor: AEGON
thuisuit.png

Home Colours and Away Colours

Current squad:
elftalfoto09.jpg

Keepers.png

Verdedigers.png

Middenvelders.png

Aanvallers.png

Satellite clubs
The following clubs are affiliated with AFC Ajax:
K.F.C. Germinal Beerschot
Beijing Guoan
Ajax Cape Town
HFC Haarlem
FC Volendam
FC Omniworld
Ajax Orlando Prospects (Disbanded)

Ranking:
3rd in the Eredivisie

Latest match:
Amsterdam Arena
Sunday 14 March 2010
Ajax - PSV 4-1
Eredivisie
Scorers:

‘28 Siem de Jong 1 - 0
‘43 Emanuelson 2 - 0
‘65 Pantelic 3 - 0
‘82 Dzsudzsák 3 - 1 (P)
‘90 Suarez 4 - 1

Highlights:
YouTube - Highlights Ajax - PSV

This Thread will be Updated

Last edited:
My fav club in the world since I was a kid.

Eredivisie is VERY interesting this year. Anyone who's not following it should just look at the table and at first you'll rub your eyes in disbelief, blink a few times and then see that your eyes are not lying. They're telling the truth!

Feyenoord disappointing as usual. :p

I guess McClaren is doing well though AZ and Twente have been progressing for a few years already and had the establishment, the group and the squad unity and ambition to be doing well with coaches other than their respective ones as well anyway (It's not over-night stuff but gradual progress in the right areas that's been made for years and not a particular manager's 'magic') but anyway Steve needs to be given credit to and though I'm not exactly his biggest fan, despite what many will say, there are things to learn and admire from this man.

Last edited:
Not seen enough of him Abou but I'm sure you know we've been linked with him for a while. Good enough for us? Comparisons to anyone?

He's got a ridiculous strike rate of 22 goals in 21 games for Ajax so far this season, with 17 in 14 in the league.

But there's more to him than just goals, technically he's a very skillful, creative player, so he's got more to him than other players like Huntelaar, Kezman and Alfonso Alves, players who excelled in the Dutch League but have failed elsewhere, which is why I think he'll be a success when he inevitably moves to a bigger club.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Forlan/Suarez partnership up front for Uruguay at the World Cup.

Yeah that's been a problem with goalscorers moving from Eredivisie to the Premier League. For every Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy you have your Alves's and Kezman's, obviously it could also be to do with the clubs they play(ed) for rather than just the player not being good enough but Suarez does seem to have more about him as you said.

I'm also interested in seeing Forlan and Suarez do well although I've got a feeling they might flop for some reason but hopefully they'll do well on the big stage. I think a move to a big club is a certainty if Suarez does well in South Africa.

Chile also have quite an exciting team with players like Alexis Sanchez, Matias Fernandez, Vidal and Isla so I'll be keeping an eye on them too.

got a good m8 that lives across the stadium. Yeah Ajax Orlando didn`t work out too well I think it did help bring a new team though called "Orlando Titans" for the USL.

Anyhow I like Ajax they made Verminator!

got a good m8 that lives across the stadium. Yeah Ajax Orlando didn`t work out too well I think it did help bring a new team though called "Orlando Titans" for the USL.

Anyhow I like Ajax they made Verminator!

Yeah he is a great footballer, I miss him.
But Ajax is playing better and better

18 March 2010
Ajax 110 years!!
Thread has been updated:

Ajax won with 4-1 against PSV
Now Ajax is 1 point behind PSV and behind FC Twente.

Back
Top Bottom