African Champion's league

pogoss

International
19 March 2005
The first round games for this season's CL have been played , here are the results so far :

Friday 2 Mar 2007 :

Esperance de Tunis (Tunisia) 2 - 0 Zanaco (Zambia)

Saturday 3 Mar 2007 :

FC Kallon (Sierra Leone) 0 - 1 ASEC Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
Nasarawa United FC (Nigeria) 0 - 3 Gambia Ports Authority (Gambia)
Saint George (Ethipia) 1 - 0 Etoile du Congo (Congo)
AS Adema (Madagascar) 2 - 2 T.P. Mazembe Englebert (RD Congo)
Sewe Sport (Cote d'Ivoire) 1 - 0 Cotonsport (Cameroun)
Fello Stars (Guinea) - Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia) , postponed

Sunday 4 Mar 2007 :

Ashanti Gold (Ghana) 2 - 0 FAR Rabat (Morocco)
Young Africans (Tanzania) 3 - 0 Petro Atletico de Luanda (Angola)
APR FC (Rwanda) 2 - 0 Maranatha de Fiokpo (Togo)
Stade Malien (Mali) 0 - 0 Wydad Casablanca (Morocco) \\:o/
Grupo Desportivo Maputo (Mozambique) 1 - 1 Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)
Mangasport (Gabon) 3 - 1 JS Kabylie (Algerie) :shock:
Highlanders (Zimbabwe) 0 - 0 El Ahly (Egypt)
Al Hilal (Soudan) 2 - 0 Zamalek (Egypt)

Monday 5 Mar 2007 :
Al Ittihad (Lybie) - AS Finis (Niger)

The games are home and away , the winners will play another round and the 8 winners will be separated in 2 groups of 4 . The first and the second of each group will play the semi finals and the winner will come to Tokyo next decembre to play the clubs world cup against the champions of other countinents .

good luck mate , the loss of JSK and Zamalek are quite astonishing I'd say . wydad are lucky , we were supposed to play against as douane but they were removed from the competition after stade malien complained for the participation of a player whose transfer wasn't finalised yet so the CAF punished the club from Senegal .

Ahly Egypt.. Champions !! Hope we can start tha league better than we did yesterday.. My dream is to go tha fifa club world cup again.. that would be 3 times in a row !!

good luck mate , the loss of JSK and Zamalek are quite astonishing I'd say . wydad are lucky , we were supposed to play against as douane but they were removed from the competition after stade malien complained for the participation of a player whose transfer wasn't finalised yet so the CAF punished the club from Senegal .
thanks for INFO mate.. well i hope all north african teams doing
good
BTW ittihad has smashed finis :mrgreen:
Al Ittihad (Lybie)(4) - (1)AS Finis (Niger) :D but this
match in libya the other will be in their country it will be
so hard u know african teams in their country :roll:

Last edited:
Ahly Egypt.. Champions !! Hope we can start tha league better than we did yesterday.. My dream is to go tha fifa club world cup again.. that would be 3 times in a row !!

I hope wydad will come to tokyo , but unfortunately we keep selling our players without buying . we don't have a good enough squad for this competition . but at least we'll have our stadium back soon after it being closed since the summer . stade malien will be the first team to loose in it this season .
logically we'll then play asec abidjan . it will be very hard , it's a very good team .

the second leg games played so far :

Friday 16 Mar 2007
Gambia Ports Authority 2 - 1 Nasarawa United FC
JS Kabylie 3 - 0 MANGASPORT - Gabon

Saturday 17 Mar 2007
Mamelodi Sundowns 2 - 0 Grupo Desportivo Maputo
FAR de Rabat 2 - 0 (7-6 tab) Ashanti Gold
Zanaco Zambia 1 - 4 Espérance de Tunis
E.S. Sahel 4 - 1 Fello Stars
Zamalek 2 - 2 Al-Hilal Soudan

Sunday 18 Mar 2007
El Ahly - Highlanders
Etoile du Congo - Saint George
ASEC Abidjan - FC Kallon
Cotonsport - Sewe Sport
Petro Atletico de Luanda - Young Africans
T.P. Mazembe - AS Adema
Maranatha Togo - APR FC
AS FNIS - Al ittihad Libye
Wydad Casablanca -Stade Malien

the only surprise is the elimination of zamalek even if JSK's return is awesome .

\\:o/ \\:o/ we are coming :8):

congratulation :mrgreen:

Sunday 18 Mar 2007
El Ahly 2 - 0 Highlanders
Etoile du Congo 2 - 0 Saint George
ASEC Abidjan 2 - 0 FC Kallon
Cotonsport 4 - 0 Sewe Sport
Petro Atletico de Luanda 2 - 0 Young Africans
T.P. Mazembe 4 - 1 AS Adema
Maranatha Togo 1 - 0 APR FC
AS FNIS 0 - 1 Al ittihad Libye
Wydad Casablanca 3 - 1 Stade Malien \\:o/

now I'm angry about one thing : none of our moroccan tv channel wanted to pay to broadcast wydad's game , they wanted to broadcast it for free so wydad refused to let any of them broadcast it and we could'nt watch the game :(
anyway here are the next round's games :

huitcr5.png

WAC - ASECI will be the best game of the second round , 2 good clubs who used to produce good players as Noureddin Naybet and Kolo Toure . :8):
last time we played them wydad won the title , I hope it will happen again :mrgreen:

Yeah, I saw that at Football Mundiale, Muhammed Kallon made this own team at his country. It must be FC Kallon.

Imagine that FC Zizou, FC Beckham, Ridvanspor SK.. :lol:

Yeah, I saw that at Football Mundiale, Muhammed Kallon made this own team at his country. It must be FC Kallon.

Imagine that FC Zizou, FC Beckham, Ridvanspor SK.. :lol:
It's a very poor country zidane and even in rich african countries the clubs aren't as rich as zidane or beckham alone . those players can buy half african clubs (maybe a lot more) if they want .

Mamelodi Sundowns (AFS) - Al Ahly (EGY) : 2-2

Nasawara Utd (NGR) - Al-Hilal (SOU) : 3-0

Maranatha Fiokpo (TOG) - Etoile Sahel (TUN) : 0-0

Etoile (CGO) - Al Itihad (LBY) : 3-1

ASEC Abidjan (CIV) - Wydad Casablanca (MAR) : 2-0

Espérance Tunis (TUN) - Young Africans (TAN) : 3-0

TP Mazembe Englebert (RDC) - FAR Rabat (MAR) : 1-0

Cotonsport Garoua (CAM) - Jeunesse Sportive Kabylie (ALG) : 1-0

We outplayed Mamelodi Sundowns on their home.. we were 2-0 up till tha 80th minute.. lol.. i dont know why we slept in tha last 10 mins.. great result anyway

We outplayed Mamelodi Sundowns on their home.. we were 2-0 up till tha 80th minute.. lol.. i dont know why we slept in tha last 10 mins.. great result anyway
I'm so angry with the way we played in abidjan , very bad coaching from lozano . our strikers got injuried and we had only one healthy and he put him on the bench . what hurts the most is that second goal from a free kick in the 94th minute that's really bad .
also we had to play with our 3rd GK cause the first is on loan in a gulf team to get some money and the second one was suspended for this game .
I'm getting desesperated with this club , last season we won the league and then sold 7 regular players and loan 2 others but we recruited only one player so this season we're playing with something like a B team compared to last season ](*,)
but still there is hope and maybe we'll make a heroic victory against ASEC like in 1992 .

never heard of them.. they not that big ?? anyway.. any chance of ahly playing them ?? u got any site which shows all tha information about tha african champions league table and fixtures.. coz for me tha african champions league is more important to me than tha egyptian league.. as we already take tha league always

never heard of them.. they not that big ?? anyway.. any chance of ahly playing them ?? u got any site which shows all tha information about tha african champions league table and fixtures.. coz for me tha african champions league is more important to me than tha egyptian league.. as we already take tha league always
you must be very young if you've never heard of wydad casablanca :lol:
you can find about african champion's league here :
http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=2738

Mamelodi Sundowns 0-2 Al-Ahly (2-4)
Nasawara Utd 0-3 Al-Hilal (3-3, 2-3 pk)
Maranatha 0-3 Etoile du Sahel (0-3)
Étoile du Congo vs Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) (3-1)
ASEC Mimosas vs Wydad Casablanca (2-0)
Espérance 0-0 Young Africans FC (3-0)
TP Mazembe 0-2 FAR Rabat (1-2)
Cotonsport Garoua 0-2 JS Kabylie (1-2)

:applause:
alahlyanirf1.gif
:applause:

al ahly was sure to win , they already did the hardest with the 2 - 2 away draw .
FAR Rabat managed to overcome the 1 - 0 away defeat and won 2 - 0 at home . now I hope wydad casablanca will manage to overcome the 2 - 0 away defeat but that will be mission impossible , ASEC Mimosas are really good .

ASEC Mimosas 0 Wydad Casablanca 0 (2-0 agg.)
Étoile du Congo 0 Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) 2 (3-3 agg, Al-Ittihad win on away goals)

toooo baaaaad !!!!
we lost so many occasions . It's a pity especially for all those fans who went to support the team :

9286DSC00055.JPG

93349DSC00058.JPG

56265magana.jpg

52602winnersasec.jpg

10698wacpanoramic1.jpg

71077IMG_9587.jpg

asecjy8.jpg

80103IMG_9567.jpg

66043IMG_9662.jpg

60146pano.jpg

33546IMG_9732.jpg

41211frimija.jpg