African Cup Of Nations Thread Egypt '06

i think egypt and nigeria but the imp i hope egypt and the other ivory cost or nigeria we dont care :D

whens the semi's? we need kolo back quick...knowing our luck he'll probably get injured. eboue went off with some sort knock on saturday, don't think it was serious though.

Drogba is a great leader for IC. I can't see them losing the finale even if it's against Egypt and a great public.

Egypt in final as well thanks to referee.

Disgraceful decision robbed Senegal of blatant penalty in last minute.

neither of the two teams mean anything to me but i feel for Senegal as it smacks of the ref bottling it to get the host nation through

Egypt didn't need the referee to win during this good game. But I hope a great finale. The first team to score will win.
Better luck next time Senegal.

tuta77 said:
Egypt didn't need the referee to win during this good game. But I hope a great finale. The first team to score will win.
Better luck next time Senegal.

but you would not have won if he gave penalty, it may have been 2-2

cartman said:
but you would not have won if he gave penalty, it may have been 2-2
I dont support Egypt. I just said that because Egypt scored already twice, they didn't need help from the referee. They could stay in the game even if there was a PK. And probably win in ExtraTime (or lose). And the "penalty" may have been saved ;). We'll never know ...

Last edited:
But the penalty should have been given... which reinforces my theory that these tournaments are slighly "tuned" to get the host team and the most powerful one (in this case either Ivory Coast or Cameroon) through to the final... or as far as they can hold on to that little extra help.

That was a blatant penalty, everybody in the world saw it... but the referee. Senegal should have had the opportunity to shoot that PK and try to stay in. They were denied that PK.

I can't help but think the ref was swayed by the occasion and the home crowd etc. For me it was a pen.

Mido - what a child! Well, he is still. 22 years old and 5 clubs is it? He should have more respect for the manager, an Egyptian legend himself.

Try right click, save target as..

BTW Mido is suspended for 6 months and he is out from the team at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I can't help but think the ref was swayed by the occasion and the home crowd etc. For me it was a pen.

Mido - what a child! Well, he is still. 22 years old and 5 clubs is it? He should have more respect for the manager, an Egyptian legend himself.

Shehata looks a right character from what I've seen of him (a future ML manager perhaps ;)

Everytime I see him though, I kept thinking he reminded me of a famous actor but couldnt think who it was, then it hit me last night!

15b4f94f.jpg

000GLD_Oliver_Reed_009.jpg

Mido is an arse...Tottenham is the only club where he still hasn't caused aggro...which tells more about Jol and co than about Mido...

Yeah well said Gerd, it says more about what great man-management skills Martin Jol has to keep all egos in check and keep Mido calmn then again it's only been a year although usually he hasn't needed nowhere near that amount but what i'm saying is give him more time and i'm sure he'll show his true side to Spurs fans/boss/players soon too :lol:

we in fainal .. we will take it tomorow ..
egypt 4 everr .. thanx

واحلي تحيه .. لكل المصراويه .. في المنتديات الجامده ديه

Last edited:
congrats super eagles 3rd time unning the bronze medal, i hoep they can go 2 better and get the gold again 1994 seems like ages ago!

may the best team win tommorrow!

Back
Top Bottom