AHHHH this game

iceobar

Tyneside Amateur League
3 September 2003
Phoenix - unfortantely
Watford FC
so thursday nite is a sort of joyous occassion (it is nearly the weekend), so i unwind with a few pints of wife beater (thats stella to anyone that isnt english) and settle down for my extended nite of winning eleven - i add at this point thursday is symbolic as its the last chance i get to play until next week as the wife gets into town (she works away during the week) on friday and sadly she doesnt not share the same love for the game as i.

Sadly i didnt see any of the guys from the league on line last nite, but i set about challenging anyone to just play and enjoy. It emerges that my shite form of late has gone and i'm scoring for fun (beating anyone put before me with style reminisent of Alf Ramseys victorious england side of 1966 (i'm not that old, i watched videos of it). Low and behold before it know it ive gone 10 games unbeaten equaling my previous best. So i decide one last game (as i'm playing so well), as game ten i beat a guy ranked 10 5-1. So i set a room up, a guy challenges me (div 1, win ratio of 30 %, ranked 80th - i hope he doesnt play with himself as much as his playstation as he will surely go blind!) - anyway the point.... here it comes..... by all account and purposes i should have walked it, bearing my form.... the game ends 2-0 to him (he plays as man u, me the tottenham spurs), my possession is 75 %, 25 shots (he had 3), i counted i hit the bar and post 13 times (unlucky for some) - he saved 3 penalties, commited 20 fouls (in a 10 min game), i commited 2 - both nothing tackles for which i got red carded both times and both his goals were nothing shots that deflected off my players and in!!

damn this game, damn it gamn it damn it

p.s. i love winning 11

LOL! I had to laugh as I read your post ICEOBAR..

I tell you, this game is simply amazing!

And just to think it will only get better...Unbeleivable!

LONG LIVE WINNING ELEVEN!!!

Thats why i love this game.
You can play this game for 6 months and see something new thats never happened before no other sports game comes close.
That why its so frustrating about the masterleague.

embraceuk1 said:
Thats why i love this game.
You can play this game for 6 months and see something new thats never happened before no other sports game comes close.
That why its so frustrating about the masterleague.

Have to agree on the ML. they really need to change that.

Ezio

That's actually one thing I don't like about this game.. you can CLEARLY be better then the guy you're playing and still end up loosing...

IN Madden, if you're better, you're gonna win... no contest, in WE, luck can bend you over and give it to you.

What I hate is really the momentery lapse of activity from my defenders as a strike just advances right through the middle... sometimes my defenders drift as far back as the small box... just backing away as the guy attacks..>WTF is that?!

Actually, my BIGGEST problem w/ this game, is how your plalyer slows down for a moment when you super cancel... any away around this?

Wait!! I have one more thing I hate!!

I pass it along the wing... my guy is running on to it..and if I use the analog he will allways like stop the ball and cut out of bounds or towards the middle when I SWEAR I'm holding straight on the analog... It's geting ot the poitn where I have to basically use the D-Pad in that situation...it's annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with CapnKill ..sometimes you can just play AMAZING and still lose.. which is IMHO unrealistic.. and the only one thing I hate about WE the most is the foul call.. makes me set my PS2 on fire.

hmmm maybe not, as liverpool dicked all over the south american champions in the super cup final at christmas and lost - so it does happen in real life

Oh yeah, the fouling has to be punished ... I can get fouled 25 times in a game and not 1 yellow... I think if you fowl w/ the same player 2 times you should get a yellow period.

Back
Top Bottom