AI cheating

grechzoo

Conference
15 July 2004
north wales (uk)
im sorry fi it has been talked about before but there seems to be big complaintsa coming from players at pesfan, and i wanted to see what you guys though,

by ai cheating i dont mean the usual, stam catches up with cisse cheating i mean when the CPU is down by six after you control the game and all of a sudden you become useless, you cant driblle or pass yet they can do everything,

all so the cPU has a chance of catching up, mostly they dont it just annoys the hell out of you,

happened all too offen in pes4, it is better or worse int his game, i mean i play co-op mostly so it wont affect me that much int he end a shaving two players kind of helps when they are cheating,

but i get so annoyed paying on my own,

is it still in like this, or not, i figured now that the defence is better maybe they woudln;t need to cheta but its not what im hearing at pesfan,

hope you guys can let me know what you are experiencing

Well imo the AI cheats worse in WE9 than it did in WE8, but I will give you some advice, don't talk about the game in a bad way because the fans boys become upset.

The game doesnt cheat that much. Get better at it and you will know this.

If it starts Cheating , I usually Try and pass around the backline for a min or 2 , I know it can be a bit dodgy sometimes , especially with the sudden lack of a first touch but it kinda breaks there stride. Try not to think about it , If i do it annoys the hell out of me and I have broken a joypad over it :S

hehe so still just as bad?, i hopeing it isn;t more offen than pes4, i can deal wiht the SAME amount of cheating, cause witht eh better defensive ai you will be able to sotp it abit anyway, and plus me playing co-op helps it too, but if its worse and makes even co-op annoying i will be very dissapointing,

i will still et it and will like it a lot im sure but i want to know about the cheating as i can in case it is worse than i am expecting,

The game is much harder than PES4 in the first place so when you throw in the AI cheats it is definitely harder than PES4 in that respect. It hasn't cheated to a degree which stops me playing however.

Kingpug, it works both ways. Just like there are those who say "you're shit just get better", I've often seen you resort to calling those who disagree with your opinion "fanboys".

Yes the game cheats, the game has cheated since WE6 (that's my earliest recollection of it happening). What is the big deal with accepting this and making a choice to either play or not play? Why keep going on and on about it as if that's going to make a difference?

I agree with Classic, the game has these cheats ever since WE6FE atleast.
The key is how you respond to it. You either pack the bags and let it frustrate
you , or you take it as a challenge and try to improve your own game.
I've gone through both cycles ever since WE6FE, and it's not too bad.
You win some, you lose some....

This game is definitely the most difficult WE i've ever had to
play apart from the 1st ever I played which was WE6.
I remember being stuck on 3 stars for a long time on WE6.
This is the first time since WE6 that I've returned to 3 stars
and I'm stuck here because I have to re-learn the game and
remove all of the bad habits of PES4/WE8 where it was easy
to score and my game was filled with the easy ways of scoring.
I used to play very impatiently.
WE9 requires patience, good tactics, and a more footballing brain
than ever. Sure it cheats, but it's required because the AI code
can't handle the individual footballing brains of 22 players on
the field.

Last edited:
sounds good then, what annoys me about cheating is, fine improve the cPU team, but PLEASE DONT MAKE THE HUMAN TEAM WORSE, you can say just impove your game when they chat but the fact is on pes4 that wasn;t possible, they made your players useless when they cheating,

but either way because of the fact pes5 will be harder i think cheating wont happen as ofen (as we wont be winning that offen) and when it does happen your defence will be able to cope better than in pes4 caus eof the better defensive AI, i hope anyway,

either way i know im gonna lov eit, if i still play pes4 then i will be playing pes5 for a year easily,

thansk for your opinions guys, the fact is pes5 will be miles above the rest, so you would eb stupid to not get it for the odd bit of annoying cheating here and there.

mathewsss said:
I used to play very impatiently.
WE9 requires patience, good tactics, and a more footballing brain
than ever.

Best advice anyone can give RE WE9. You want the ball, but you cannot just run around like a nutter, pressing the player in possession like you could in PES4/WE8, and WE8LE although to a lesser degree. That's why people complain about so many fouls, they're still trying to defend like the previous versions.

At the end of the day it is a GAME, not real life.

Its a game, just like Tekken, mario kart, space invaders, pac man and other games that gives the CPU an advantage!

And so what if the CPU cheats, just think of it as doing everything in its power to win.lol

Only time I call them fanboys is when they say I am shit, which to me is just defending the game. Now maybe I am the only one, but I think me being shit and the game cheating are two entirely different things.

I also find it funny that some can admit it while some can't, only explanation I have is that we are playing two different games.

Back
Top Bottom