AI in WE9

Ahahaha, it really took me some time to realize what's so special about that goal :mrgreen:

Just like the japanese icehockey player who scored an own goal against Denmark and even celebrated for a second until realizing what he's done...

I just uploaded that one to my webspace in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://people.freenet.de/slochy/opr02SAZ.wmv

They need some big improvements, 6* and they give you crosses? thats just fucked..

hahah funny vid Kezz

I do an autogoal like this :( :D if you press the :x: when you are near you gk you can do it,the player kick in the door :lol: :shock:

No no no you guys dont understand, I WAS REAL MADRID, and Carragher crossed the ball to me!

Ronaldo scored a real goal!

Sulph said:
No no no you guys dont understand, I WAS REAL MADRID, and Carragher crossed the ball to me!

Ronaldo scored a real goal!

Ok, I thought you were Liverpool crossing and they finished the job ;)

Yeah i think that is what Kezz thought too.
The game isnt THAT buggy :p

Kezz said:
Just like the japanese icehockey player who scored an own goal against Denmark and even celebrated for a second until realizing what he's done...
In my opinion, the hockey player wasn't celebrating, more like saying "oh crap" or similar.

Impressed by Sulph's header from virtually on the goal line!

Zygalski said:
In my opinion, the hockey player wasn't celebrating, more like saying "oh crap" or similar.

Take a close look at when he first hoicks his arms. He definitely thought he scored FOR Japan for a tenth of a second until realizing what he really did :lol:

It has happened several times, theyve tried to clear it but ended up crossing the ball for me! and this is 6 stars!

Yeah, all these things you've siad are poor in the AI. These are things that have happened in real football. All the time in matches a playing will mis-judge/mis-control a dribble over the line because; he's tired at the end or the game or nervous at the beginning.

You see sliced clearances quite a lot also. The star systme isn't there to make the AI perfect at football. It's to make it's attacks and defence, smarter and more efficient.

BTW Guys, some complain that there passing is perfect, it's not. What you have to remember, is to force a team into passing errors you need to press there possesion. If you stand back and wait, they have time to make it right. They make mistakes so much more when you press them and attempt inteceptions. I promise as you improve your tactics the game get's better and better. The AI seems to have stolen some ideas from top human player online. I remember how easy it was when you played inexperience players online when PES4 went online. They expected you to let give them time on the ball, not press every single pass. You could easliy get 6-0 until they learn .

The new AI isn't poor, or too good. It's just NEW to most, it will soon dawn on you that it's better and these posts will become less and less.

eagle_eye said:
I personally think that is terrific AI!!! The keeper thinks the header is going to the other corner of the goal, then realises that it isn't tries to turn back but slips on the snow!!!

Aye, that's what they're going for there. The reason it looks slightly unrealistic isn't the AI. It's because the animation gives his body too much lift. Do don't raise in the air THAT much when you slip, he should rotate and fall into the ground instead.

I wouldnt call that slipping, if he slipped he wouldnt have done a 180 degree turn would he, and you can see he dived to the right trying to get the ball, it is more of a bug really.

He did, its like mirrored, he isnt going to dive to the right when the ball is at the left, and you wouldnt dive to the left when the ball is behind you, so you face the ball and dive to the left which is the right in our view.

Hard to explain really, but he tried diving for the ball behind him hence why he turned, and you dont dive with your back turned away from the ball.

Yes I've noticed that little hole. They try to prevent it by not allowing you get to close to the opponents throw-in taker. I believe it's because of the way the ball travels from a throw-in ATM. I'm sure they'll improve it by doing a check on opponents in the vicinity. But at least it's not a major gme winning bug :-).

PS I used to do that quite a lot on a lagged host online. Because you'd hit X to skip before the ball went out, and it would carry on for the throw in, now THAT was a bigger problem, even worse for goal kicks.

Back
Top Bottom