Ajax

joostebrood

Premiership
4 March 2002
I have to get this off of my chest right now. I have always supported Ajax, in good and in bad times, but I have had it with them. Tonight against Auxerre was terrible. I had faith in Sneijder, van der Vaart, de Jong, Heitinga etc, but I have to admit I was wrong. None of them will be world class, none. In fact, except for Trabelsi, there isn't a single player good enough. Most of them are about 4 ft 7 and they lack any tactical sense. Where is the time when we outclassed Real Madrid in Bernabeu in 1996? Koeman needs to go and quick. In fact, take the whole fucking team with you as well. They're useless. I've had it with them. Arrogant, useless bunch of bitches. I watched PSV last Tuesday and they showed the maturity that is needed for the CL. Watching van Bommel play was a pleasure, a true player. Plays with his heart.

Sorry, but Ajax once stood for attacking 4-3-3 football, but it's pathetic, I can't watch it. I am angry and I can't stand it anymore. I've never been a gloryhunter and I never will be, but this Ajax team makes me feel suicidal, so I keep away from it for a while.

great pressure by auxerre before they scored the 3:1. ajax couldn't break out of their own half for almost the entire 2nd half. ajax was just way to passive.

Now that would be revolutionary 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3.
IMHO that 4-3-3 "tradition" is the reason of both their succes and downfall.
Every Ajax youth team plays like the first team: 4-3-3.
When times are bad they stubbornly keep playing 4-3-3 which is a bad system if you have a bad generation (like this one??? I'm not quite sure).
But trust Ajax' youth system Joost, there will certainly come great young players in the future.
I'm old enough to have seen the first big team (Cruijff!!! Muhren!!! Keizer!!! Neeskens!!! Hulshoff!!! Haan ???(Jerk))After that teams it lasted quite a few years before they had their second big team with Rijkaard en Van Basten... But sooner or later Ajax will have another great team Joost.... And that arrogance is as much an Ajax trade mark as the attacking play and the Jewish image...
Personally i'm very fond of that Dutch "arrogance" (it's not real arrogance). Most people in my country don't like the "arrogant" Dutch people. What my compatriots take for arrogance is self-assurance...
Ah, Joost i love Ajax...and don't worry about Auxerre...the remains of the first great Ajax team (when Cruijff already was in Barcelona) were once eliminated by CSKA fucking Sofia...who??? CSKA???
Aux-fucking-who????
Man this is Ajax....don't compare them with midgets.

Now that would be revolutionary 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3.
IMHO that 4-3-3 "tradition" is the reason of both their succes and downfall.
Every Ajax youth team plays like the first team: 4-3-3.
When times are bad they stubbornly keep playing 4-3-3 which is a bad system if you have a bad generation (like this one??? I'm not quite sure).
But trust Ajax' youth system Joost, there will certainly come great young players in the future.
I'm old enough to have seen the first big team (Cruijff!!! Muhren!!! Keizer!!! Neeskens!!! Hulshoff!!! Haan ???(Jerk))After that team it lasted quite a few years before they had their second big team with Rijkaard en Van Basten... But sooner or later Ajax will have another great team Joost.... And that arrogance is as much an Ajax trade mark as the attacking play and the Jewish image...
Personally i'm very fond of that Dutch "arrogance" (it's not real arrogance). Most people in my country don't like the "arrogant" Dutch people. What my compatriots take for arrogance is self-assurance...
Ah, Joost i love Ajax...and don't worry about Auxerre...the remains of the first great Ajax team (when Cruijff already was in Barcelona) were once eliminated by CSKA fucking Sofia...who??? CSKA???
Aux-fucking-who????
Man this is Ajax....don't compare them with midgets.

I'm glad you didn't mention Babel in that unenviable list. He's easily Ajax's most exciting player. Everytime I see him he's improved and plays so much like Henry it' s unbelievable. I hope he ends up at Arsenal, his favourite club according to ajax.nl

Ajax are a reflection of Dutch football. Its in crisis both the domestic league and the national team are pants and things don't seem to be getting any better. Something needs to be done, heads need to roll.

The Dutch national team isn't bad. They've got a few good young defenders and have the likes of Ruud, Robben and Seedorf in attack.

Last edited:
The team has a great depth of talent but much like England that have an ingrained mentaility for under achieving.

Smango is right, but on the other hand, with van Basten there seems to be a mentality change.

About ajax, Koeman gone, the rest of the season will be finished with the 2 assistant coaches. Which eventually will lead to a fifth place or something. Terrible stuff.

Yep, I was very surprised when they went out to Auxerre and they do seem to have lost their way a bit. I'm not too clued up in their team now, but I think they lack leaders and experience. They've always had that in all their good teams i.e. De Boer's, Blind, Litmanen etc etc.

FD

I think your analysis is spot on fd..
They have a leader in Galasek but he lacks creativity.
And then they have a would be leader in Vander Vaart, but im beginning to fear that he is overrated...
A part of Ajax' culture is that they always seem to have very mature, (over)assertif players (Cruijff, Haan and particularly all the players of that team) but the Sneijders, Vander Vaarts and other Heitinga's haven't proven enough in order to be leaders...
I think Koeman made a mistake when he let Litmanen go...he should have been the ideal leader for what seemed another great generation...
And by the way what happened to the best player (IMHO at least) of that team which was great in the CL two years ago: Pienaar????

Litmanen was injured 3/4 of the season usually, so there was no point in keeping him really...

Pienaar has been unfortunate with injuries, and therefore hasnt developed since 2002 wich has been the case with most of our youngsters, they havent got better the past 2 years. And koeman hasnt bought any good players, just useless crap like Sikora, Soetaers, Anastasiou and the latest flop Charisteas, i just dont see him as our new topscorer, i have more faith in Babel, he could turn into a magnifcent player...

Back
Top Bottom