• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Alan Ball: RIP 1945-2007

E

El Diego

Touching tribute JJ710. Alan Ball was a great football man and a lovely person.

R.I.P Alan.

:salute:

E

El Diego

Thats it? 3 posts. If it was Maradonna or Maldini you'd all be praising them.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
Tranmere Rovers
Ed (I'm going to start calling you that from now on so don't be alarmed, saves typing out "El Diego" every time), I think a lot of us want to post in here but don't feel right because we didn't actually see the guy play.

I've read about him, seen a few clips etc., but I don't feel like I have a right to say anything because I just didn't see him enough. But I've been reading about his management feats and he was a true English great, on the pitch and off it.

RIP.

Ad16

Premiership
13 November 2006
I think JB's right.

From the little I knew of him he seemed like a decent guy. Youngest of the 66 team. It's no age to go really...

R.I.P

KEEF1973

Non-League
18 August 2006
South Shields
Sunderland
A great player who lived football,
Shankley on hearing the news of Arsenal signing Ball from Everton, phoned Ball, "You signed for Arsenal at 3.30 today"
Ball replied "How do you know", SHANKS " Because that was when the thorn was taken from my side". A fitting tribute to a great man.

Top Bottom