Album recommendations

Our love to admire - Interpol
Era vulgaris - Queens of the stone age
Zeitgeist - Smashing Pumpkins

And if you can listen to the gift by the velvet underground its fucking cool.

Im still unsure of Zietgeist, the other two are fantastic albums(especially Era Vulgaris).

i'm struggling to like this new interpol album , i loved Turn on the bright lights and Antics, saw them live a couple of times, i'm hoping this new album grows on me some more but I cant get into it at the moment, i think it might be the lyrics or they way he sings on this album doesnt suit his voice.

The girlfriend and I are such absolute opposites, I don't know how we're still going out.

I loved the Editors' first album, and I thought the latest one was nothing but soppy crappy shite. She hates the first one but when I was playing through the second one she said "I LOVE this album, who's this?!" - and now Editors are her second favourite band (next to The Killers).

Weirdo.

I find it so odd (infuriating even) that a band can come out, have a certain sound, and then move completely away from that sound and become something else. They might as well be called something else, in my opinion - they're not the same. It's almost false advertising.

Last edited:
What are you on about Jack? I listened to the first editors non stop and will be doing the same this time round. Sounds a lot a like to me, which is good. It's maybe less up tempo, but other then that they seem to be very much the same style.

As for album recommendations:
The Editors - "Uh, the new one"
The Fray - How to save a life
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Home Video - Home Video?

The first album has tons of songs on it that I got into straight away, "you don't need this disease you don't you don't need this disease you don't", really rocking tunes. I've tried listening to the second one but I can't bear it, I really can't. They just sound so soft and flat.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some heavily produced Hip-Hop albums (in the same vein as Timbaland) that I might not have heard?

Does anyone have any recommendations for some heavily produced Hip-Hop albums (in the same vein as Timbaland) that I might not have heard?
What do you mean heavily produced Hip-Hop albums?

Do you mean with like only one/two producer(s) on an artist album?

The girlfriend and I are such absolute opposites, I don't know how we're still going out.

I loved the Editors' first album, and I thought the latest one was nothing but soppy crappy shite. She hates the first one but when I was playing through the second one she said "I LOVE this album, who's this?!" - and now Editors are her second favourite band (next to The Killers).

Weirdo.

I find it so odd (infuriating even) that a band can come out, have a certain sound, and then move completely away from that sound and become something else. They might as well be called something else, in my opinion - they're not the same. It's almost false advertising.

Really tried to like the editors but I always get the feeling...

If I wanted to listen to Ian Curtis I'd put on joy division...

The Horrorist - Attack Decay
Void Settler - None follows the sunrise
Theo Parrish - Sound Sculptures Vol. 1

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
Green Day - Dookie
Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission

Three great albums and for me some really amazing songs in there

Team America - The Soundtrack

Because it's funny

Back
Top Bottom