ALL PES6 OWNERS PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! THIS IS NO JOKE

I bet they charge you for the update thats what they had planed all along to charge you for any updae they have planed.Why else would they put a full edit mode in te ps2 version but not the 360 one

Nick Cave said:
Anybody got any press or gaming mag contacts... could do with this hitting Konami where it counts... Got to be worth a few inches in the gaming mags..??
Good thinking, although I think they'll all be so far up Konami's arse that they wouldn't dare. Still, would be interesting if any magazines would print it.

EtHi9 said:
try contacting official xbox magazine Steve Brown, Editor
oxmspiff@futurenet.co.uk

I think it should be bauer to send the email because your email to konami was spot on
You make a grown man blush, cheers. :oops: But I agree with tiktiktiktik, if a letter to these people starts off talking about the gameplay, which is subjective, they'll go "one man's opinion, twaddle" and it'll be deleted. I'll try and knock up a to-the-point one in a few minutes.

Here we are then! The final version to send to Konami...
---
Dear Sir or Madam,

After discussion with several Pro Evolution Soccer fans on the forum of a Pro Evolution Soccer fan-site, www.evo-web.co.uk, a great deal of the 65,000+ members are of the opinion that PES6 is not a game fit for release. After Konami UK's contact details were published on the forum, some of the site's members have telephoned and emailed already with their complaints, but most doubt that anything will be done about these issues (especially considering that the code base of the game is developed in Japan for the Japanese market). To most gamers who enjoy football, Pro Evolution Soccer is the game of choice, which is why it comes as a massive blow to us all that PES has become the game that it is today.

Personally, I have played Pro Evolution Soccer since the game was first released on the original PlayStation; I have purchased each version and enjoyed it more than the last. However, with the latest release, PES6, I am absolutely stunned at the state of the game. "Seabass", the project leader of the PES games, has been quoted since before PES5 was released as saying that the game had "reached its limits" on current-gen consoles. So, of course, we were all looking forward to the next-gen version; finally, the game would have the CPU power it has needed for the last few years. The future of football would soon be upon us.

So, with this in mind...

Several features (International Challenge mode, Random Match mode etc.) have been stripped out. The edit mode has been stripped down to player names and player stats only, meaning that Liverpool will always be known as "Merseyside Red" wearing their dull red shirts. The German league is missing without any replacement, meaning eighteen less teams (and there are barely any teams as there is). There are only eight stadiums. Lots of people are having difficulty with the XBOX Live mode, finding it impossible to play in any matches at all apart from one-off friendlies played via invitations, and even when they can connect the lag when pressing buttons differs between each match, meaning you'll never hit the shot you're supposed to. The gameplay hasn't "Evolved" further than it has in any previous release, now that "Seabass" has been granted the power he has supposedly wished for. And finally; you can't even save replays, despite the manual claiming otherwise - further cementing the view that the game has been rushed out into our stores to compete with FIFA 07.

So can someone at Konami explain to us why we've paid £300 for an XBOX 360 and £50 for their game, when you can "fix" most of the above problems by purchasing the game for the PlayStation2 for £40? Why are 360 owners playing a game with a feature-list from a pre-PlayStation era?

For years Konami have had the opportunity to add so much to the game, but have failed to deliver. Examples of this can be seen by playing rival games in the genre; FIFA and This Is Football (and even other games that were originally developed in Japan for a Japanese audience, such as Virtua Pro Striker) have always featured lower-league teams, meaning that you can always give yourself a different experience by changing which level of team you choose. In PES, when you play online, the majority of the opponents want to be Brazil or Barcelona. If you could arrange online leagues, people would be more willing to go the teams they support. It wouldn't cost the earth for Konami to give this to us, the lower-league teams wouldn't have to be licensed (the Premiership isn't) and so it would only cost the wages of a few additional researchers and data inputters. After the money we have poured into each new version of PES, they could at least put a small portion of that money back into the development of the game, and give us Europeans the deeper experience that all of the other football games offer. If EA SPORTS, SCEE and now SEGA can do it, then why can't Konami?

Another example of an area desperate for improvement is the "Master League". This has always been nothing but fantasy, a set of inter-European leagues where players aren't worth millions of pounds; they're worth thousands of "points". You can't have a full English Premiership (or a full premier league from any of the included European leagues) because you're limited to 16 teams in the top division, and you can't have even ONE realistic lower-league because it's limited to 8 teams. Can you name one professional league in the real world that has 8 teams? And even then, you have to mix European teams into that lower league. So you can have a 16-team English Premiership, and an 8-team league with 4 other English teams in, and then 4 from the European countries of your choice. Wigan versus Villareal, realism? I don't think so. The realism that's supposed to be on the pitch is most certainly not reflected off it.

PES6 on the XBOX 360 was supposed to be the future of football games. Many people love PES so much that they have bought an XBOX 360 purely to play the game. Teenagers, students, average Joes, have saved and saved in anticipation of the 27th of October, and what have they been given for their savings? A game with half the features of the game they've already got. PES5 with better graphics. Have the creators of this game forgotten what it used to be about?

I would appreciate any explanations that you can obtain from the appropriate departments at Konami (or "Seabass" himself, although I somehow doubt that he would offer any) for the above issues. While I realise that building a game from scratch will take time, why should we be playing half-a-game for full price? Why was the game not held back until it was actually ready? To make a quick buck at our expense?

Konami have already lost a large portion of their fan-base this year, judging from the amount of complaints that you can read every day on Evo-Web. If "Seabass" doesn't develop a game that amounts to something more than PES5 with half the features and a 3D crowd, then he will begin to lose the race between himself and the other football game producers. We have stuck by the relatively few changes in each PES for years, hoping that one day we will be given players who move in full 360 directions rather than 8. To see the demolition of the Master League and the introduction of a career-mode, where you can manage a team at the bottom of a full four-tier league structure and take them to glory, being offered the job at Man United, or even England, at the end of your illustrious career. How much fun would that be? But will we ever see it in our lifetime?

Will we ever be rewarded for the millions of pounds that we have given to Konami? Or will we forever be "treated" to games like PES6? As computer game lovers, as football fans, please help us to get this message to "Seabass", because I think we deserve an answer to at least one of these questions.

Yours faithfully,
Jack Bauer

Last edited:
julien said:
call-centres-jobs.jpg

is it just me or is lyn's nipple shining through?

Me likey!

I like the email jack, i wondered why they did'nt release a demo,we need to hit konami were it hurts THERE POCKETS and after pes6 there reputaion.

I'll get a few more comments, leave it until 6pm tomorrow (or possibly 8am Monday morning), and if there's no suggestions then I'll send it off to as many editors of XBOX 360 magazines as I can find (possibly even to a few PS2 mags seeing as it's a game most of them love, but I doubt it'll get much of a look).

Ha ha I love you all for emailing but dont waste your time emailing OXBM as they are a sponsor of PES check the adboards. LOL

I will be phoning monday, things tend to get done if you give someone earache telling them why their company suck.

I want you to send the mail Jack and I agree with the editing stuff. But for me, pes 6 on both 360 and pc wich I have played are better than ever. I don't
want to play a fifa like football, and the changes to the gameplay in pes is great and massive IMO. It's more realistic than ever and the computer AI is far better than pes 5. But as you allready know, nothing else has changed. not the ML, and nothing new that makes it feel fresh ( except the gameplay)
So, I agree 100% about the lack of a new presentation and the edit bit, but the gameplay is good and I don't want them to change direction on that.

All this wasn't pointed at you Jack, since I don't know who you are or what you think about all this, but that's my view on the topic.

Cheers from a ISS and PES veteran

Hi Jack,

I read the email and its pretty good. If I were you I'd leave out the gameplay comments, and just stick to the missing features compared to the PS2. Maybe you can put your personal Master League comment at the bottom, coz as far as I am concerned, its more about the missing features and the missed opportunities online, then about the Master League teams. Remember that the game is also bought in France and Germany, (Spain and Netherlands and other EU Countries too obv, but the largest markets are UK Germany and France), so that lower English teams is something you might request because you live in the UK but other people wouldnt really see as a bonus.

Apart from that, good email!
Also, I bought the game and had my first friends tourney last night. Was really good, really enjoyed it, looked amazing with an HDTV, but we did have trouble controlling the game, but this will take time as its a new game and each PES release takes some getting used to.
I will call them on monday! Enjoy the weekend :)

Jack, you need to include the fact that we are DEMANDING updates through Xbox market place. It is clearly possible as the first post suggests, and they need to patch up this "game".

The most worrying thing for me is i was sat watching TV last night and there was ad advertisement for PES 6 for Playstation 2, been sold at £29.97. The most worrying part, that game that was 20 quid cheaper than i paid for it, looks a hell of a lot better than what i have.

I do disagree about gameplay, it's hard to get used to but i think im getting there. But the features that have been torn from the game is an absolute disgrace. I have every version of this game way back to the first ISS on Ps One, and this is the most dissapointed i have ever felt
:( FFS this game was the main reason i bought a 360!

For the first time in something like 9 years im seriously considering buying Fifa, as the main reason i was looking forward to PES6 was for online play which is dreadful as i can't even connect to a single person, while Fifa online is excellent apparently!

Well they haven't taken anything out of PES6 360 since it's a newly programmed game. Compared to PES (PS2) they have, but PES6 360 is not an update of PES5.

You can't look at them the same way as they are not at all the same products. I do agree though that there should be a "save replay" function as it is promised in the manual.

I doubt very much that they would add an editing function for users after completing the game. It was never promised, and there has been explanations to why it wasn't in. The game seems rushed, but Microsoft probably put in a lot of cash to have the exlusive rights to the 360 version this year.

I bet this is going to end with people dissapointed but id like to think it wont.

I dont see Konami doing anything there be to busy in development of PES7 to bother anyway.

I suppose its worth a try but i can see people moaning on here in a few months that Konami never listened.

I dount the official xbox magazine will care - they gave it a decent score and have thier magazine advertised in the game.

They've pulled a Juve

Hey Jack,

Like the email, but have another couple of comments :D

Lessen the gameplay digs, a lot on here think it is an improvement and the mail is mostly representing us, the evoweb users.

Secondly add to the saving reply comment, something along the lines of "saving replay function has been removed yet it is still mentioned as a feature in the usermanual. This only hightlights the feeling that the game has been rushed and is a secondrate version of the currentgen games" Or something better written to that effect ;)

With regards to the ML 16 premiership argument, just add that it works the same way for all the other countries, even moreso as most of them are 18 team leagues. Something to that effect, seeing as this site is also fairly well represented across europe, imo.

Change WC QF mode to international challenge mode, we all know what you mean but its little details that make a difference imo. Also does the german league have 20 or 18 teams? Another small detail, just checked, its 18. If you have your facts right, which you mostly seem to have they are left with less to bring the letter down and can focus on the good arguments presented.

Other then those, great letter, wish i could write like that without having to sift through it several times ;)

when im playing with man utd or arsenal i think its the best pro evo yet, besides editing and replays its a different class, stop baggin the gameplay.

tiktiktiktik, you're the man :thumbup: I'll make those adjustments now, keep pressing "refresh" ;)

Back
Top Bottom