All time favorite Master League signings

Ern Dog

Championship
23 October 2009
With the next PES release imminent and being a ML enthusiast I am getting excited about starting a new ML, it also has had me thinking about past ML players. There have probably been a few threads like this in the past but I am just wondering about other peoples favorite signings, I dont mean buying in Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo.... But players you got as youths or a cheaper player whos stats may not have been impressive at first glance but the combination of the decent ones made them a very good player for a particular posistion.

My all time favorite signing was Corini in PES5. I needed a DMF to phase in to replace my current ageing one. I got him at 17 for free, he was not my first choice but lack of money and other players not wanting to join my club forced me into it. He had a playmaker star but his stats were not too great apart from long passing.
A mistake when selecting my bench for a big game left me with no choice but to give him his debut as a sub, we were 1 goal up with 30 mins or so left, I needed a DMF for safety and on he came. I was very surprised how well he played considering his stats, he held position well providing cover, had decent control when not under too much pressure and was able to play neat passes forward. This steady debut led me to fast track him and he was constantly a featured sub and occasional starter.

At about 19 his mentality began to change, his long passing at this age was alreay into the 90's & his technique was 80's and he started started to pop up in more advanced posistions in attacking situations, his playmaker star and sharp passing now took on a new dimension and he was often found playing in my forwards and wingers around the box.

As he advanced into his early 20s his development rocketed, he became a Stevie G type player. His range of passing was outstanding, he was able to play very short lobbed passes that I never seen from any other of my players, these were lethal around the box and he got many assists. He also turned into a goal scorer and I can remember him getting a hat trick and winning a game against Man U 3 - 2 pretty much by himself. His free kicks were also very accurate.

He was ever present in my team, had excellent condition & stamnina, and went on till he was 30 odd. When he got around this age, starting at late 20s I began to drop him a bit deeper and have him hold more, but his attacking instincts were still there and he could always be seen popping up in the box when the pressure was on to grab a late equalizer or winner.

He won many overall player awards and a few assist leaders also. I built my team around him when we were struggling in the 2nd div and as captain he lead us to promotion and premier league & champions league glory many times.

Never had a player quite that good since, not one that I kept from 17 to retirement anyway.:WORSHIP:

Edit: also just remembered that he was not a money hungry whore, I think he was 350 when i originally signed him and never demanded much more than that through out his career.

Last edited:
Good thread.
I had Corini in my Palermo ML (he was not a signing, he played for Palermo at the time).
Best signing i ever had was Andres D'Alessandro...right at the moment it's a very obvious name to drop because of the demo, but i love him since ages ago. I signed him for Auxerre when he was playing for River Plate (must have been PES 3 or 4). I remember a "CL" semi-final against Real Madrid where i had lost the first leg in Madrid. In the second leg Madrid where leading 0-1 after the first half. I had maybe the best half ever afterwards, i scored 6 goals and both D'Alessandro and Espinas (!!!) tremendous. I won the final against Milan in extra-time with a late D'Alessandro goal...
Later on i played a ML with Wolfsburg where he was playing IRL, he was absolutely fabulous.

Another player i absolutely loved was Jari Litmanen in PES 3...

Other favourites:

Meghni
Ilhan Mansiz
Diouf (what a shame that he's such a cunt IRL)

Great thread mate..

Without a shadow of a doubt - Nastja Ceh 'The Slovenian Angel' - he could open a can of beans with his left foot!

a1bc64142b0de4bc7d71fdc91111fa95.jpg

Gaminbo basically followed Ronaldo's career for my Wigan side.

First season, bought him on as a sub when winning, and he'd take the mick with stepovers and the like.

Second season, started scoring goals and gettings assists.

Third season, he's the star of my team.

Gaminbo basically followed Ronaldo's career for my Wigan side.

First season, bought him on as a sub when winning, and he'd take the mick with stepovers and the like.

Second season, started scoring goals and gettings assists.

Third season, he's the star of my team.

I think it was Gambino. Fast, very tricky, but needed alot of work on his distribution. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm sure he was a 'fake' player, either way, I pretended he was the son of a mafia boss, so I was forced to play him week in, week out. :)

I loved Lavezzi, Gouffran and Birsa in PES 2009, alot of my stars from PES 2010 were Boro's own players created via an option file.

Another great player I remember was a German right sided WB called Romulutus, also in PES5 and he also showcased something else that is brilliant about the ML and thats developing partnerships betwen players.

I bought him in because my current RB was technically challenged, but Romulutus was very attack minded and this at first was a problem, I did not want him to play because it did not fit with the team at the time but because the other option was so crap I had to alter my team to accommodate. I had a right sided DMF for cover and a Brazilian AMF/RMF/SS/RWF called Do Prado for him to link up with, Do Prados range of positions allowed him to be the perfect partner for Romulutus when he went on his forward ramapages and the DMF covered the hole left perfectly. He would constantly pop up in the box and had a rocket of a shot, in the 90's I think and if you could get one off and on target it was a goal or would rebound off the keeper for a tap in. The right side of that team was awesome to play with and I dont remember any teams having an answer for it.

In the past Tevano and Tevez used to be 2 guys I always bought. This was like back on pes 3 or something years before Tevez came to England. I don't bother with him any more now he's well known and expensive and I have no idea what happened to Tevano.

I don't think my favourite buys these are that great but I always try to buy CY Park for some reason. There is another striker I think his name is spelt Villalba ? He's really short in height, very young and very fast. I've been buying him the last 2 pes games and trying to make him into the next Messi.

PES 2010's moral/loyalty system kind of completely screwed my plans up to buy the same favourites buys though. I never once managed to sign Park because he was too happy where he was and Newcastle were terrible. But I think it added more fun to the game as I had to go looking for replacement buys.

Its comforting to see that I am not the only person that creates little scenarios when I get immersed in ML :LMAO:

Your certainly not the only one bud. It really drags you in the ML. I remember Leroy Lita for some strange reason, after a great bout of form and condition, was on a Purple arrow for 7 weeks straight. I convinced myself that his great form had attracted 'hangers on', and he was mixing with the wrong crowd off the pitch, and had got himself messed up on a serious crack habit.

I left him out of the squad completely for 8 weeks, and pretended I'd sent him to the Priory Clinic. When he returned, I gave him a new set of football boots and brought in back into the fray for an F.A. Cup match against Wolves. He scored 2 and got an assist in a 3-1 win, and he was on a Red. Class. You just have to give them a cuddle at times.:LOL:

ISS pro evolution soccer 1 and 2 - Roberto carlos and Shevchenko
PES 3,4 - Juninho, Midfield and set piece master
PES 5,6 - Fernando Torres, He would grow into an amazing striker after a few years

Your certainly not the only one bud. It really drags you in the ML. I remember Leroy Lita for some strange reason, after a great bout of form and condition, was on a Purple arrow for 7 weeks straight. I convinced myself that his great form had attracted 'hangers on', and he was mixing with the wrong crowd off the pitch, and had got himself messed up on a serious crack habit.

I left him out of the squad completely for 8 weeks, and pretended I'd sent him to the Priory Clinic. When he returned, I gave him a new set of football boots and brought in back into the fray for an F.A. Cup match against Wolves. He scored 2 and got an assist in a 3-1 win, and he was on a Red. Class. You just have to give them a cuddle at times.:LOL:

Oh. Dear.

Had a superb season at Spurs (think it was either PES5 or 6) and had Charisteas up front and he got a hatful.

Bought him again in PES09 for my FC Twente side and after a (very!) slow start, he really started to notch again.

Dont know if he is my favourite signing, but he is the kind of forward I love!

(oh and for whoever posted it above, I make up back stories in my head for my ML career too - including interviews with myself when I'm in the car alone or on the bog! Yes, yes... I'm 34)

HA!

I had a ML team that had won everything except the Premier League, I wanted to start a new team but I have to win all there is before I let myself. I was getting a bit frustrated, I had finished joint top with Chelsea one year but lost out on goal difference. Anyway during end of season negotiations I messed up a deal extension for Jaric, who I was playing as a DMF, and he left. In my mind he actually suffered a horrific water skiing accident whilst on holiday in the off season and died :TWIST: I never replaced him and retired his playing number. This was a big loss but also a great source of motivation and inspiration for the team and we decided we would win the league for Jaric!
Every time we were trailing at half time or before big games I would break out the 'do it for him' speech, it worked and we ended up loosing only once that season, doing the treble whilst winning the league with 3 games spare :EASY:

R.I.P Jaric

HA!

I had a ML team that had won everything except the Premier League, I wanted to start a new team but I have to win all there is before I let myself. I was getting a bit frustrated, I had finished joint top with Chelsea one year but lost out on goal difference. Anyway during end of season negotiations I messed up a deal extension for Jaric, who I was playing as a DMF, and he left. In my mind he actually suffered a horrific water skiing accident whilst on holiday in the off season and died :TWIST: I never replaced him and retired his playing number. This was a big loss but also a great source of motivation and inspiration for the team and we decided we would win the league for Jaric!
Every time we were trailing at half time or before big games I would break out the 'do it for him' speech, it worked and we ended up loosing only once that season, doing the treble whilst winning the league with 3 games spare :EASY:

R.I.P Jaric

:APPLAUD:

Brilliant.

Joaquin (The Real Betis version) - Pace - skill - direct. He will always be my favourite winger in PES, he created so many chances for me from the right wing and he was deadly on the counter attack.

Emre - Lovely little player, good passer and played in a few different positions.

Cambiasso - Not as a good a passer as Emre but much better defensively. He was awesome when I played him as a DM with the awesome COVERING option.

Davids - He was a royal pest, like Paul Dickov but with technique. He always pissed of my mates during our tournaments, he was always snapping at their heels in midfield.

Pirlo - I'd set up the Milan diamond with him in front of the back four so that he was always in position to pick up the ball off the defenders. 95% of my play came through him and the relationship went to a whole new level when his signature FK was added in PES 6.

Deco - I don't know whether it was my imagination and I don't have any proof of him doing it but I always loved it when he'd roll the ball under his foot.

Ronaldinho (PES 6) - Barca's 4-3-3 formation was super effective in that game and they were ruthless on the counter attack. I always left the three forwards up when defending corners. Also the dribbling in that game was the best in any football game (until now) and I fooled many defenders (John Terry :BYE:) with Ronnie. The flip flap when timed correctly was a thing of beauty.

In the same game Robben and Duff were awesome for Chelsea in their 4-3-3.

Izmalov (?), Stefano Okaka, Manuel Rui Costa and Pavel Nedved were favourites too.

From the top of my head I remember these two;

Babangida (ISS 1 & 2)
Ben Hatira (One of the PES games)

And some Polish guy I got in PES 5, cant remember his name, but he was proper class. Striker, skinhead.

I started the ML with all the rubbish players (the original players) and have recently signed a CB named Palmieri from the youth team.
He's an absolute monster, turning out to be a world class defender at 20-21 already

My favourite when playing with my mate a ML co-op at Uni probably 7 years agom, was Juninho (Lyon) in the hole. Awesome.

My favourite attacking trident when they were all teenagers/early 20's and relatively unknown was Torres, Zlatan and Tevez. Brilliant.

Alvaro Recoba also gets a noteworthy mention.

C Y Park - goal machine
Landreau - great shot stopper
Pirlo - long range, short range, free kicks, team built around him
Inzaghi - cant begin to count the games he won me in the 95th min
Gilardino and Kaka - both before they were famous

b4 that, martin laursen babaginda, b4 that, koopers, rilke, silke, allejao.

if i had to pick one i'd go for Pirlo, i've relied on him for years, built formations around him, with a tight narrow midfield, Gattuso as his minder....so much so now i wanna play with spurs im screwed cause im struggling to accomodate both Bale and Lennon as wingers

In the recent games, i have bought Berg and Ari. They are just amazing, they are almost available always, they always score a lot of goals for me and they have a bright future ahead of them.

Great thread..

Nostalgia will not let me keep quiet on this one, but four early signings used to always get me on the path to greatness.

1) Augustine Simo - CF - Pace personified. No defender to catch him once he had an open space to run into.

2) Federico Magallanes - AMF/CF - great foil for Simo, and could play in AMF mode too in the spear of the diamond. Had great passing and FK skills. Played for Torino at the time, but this was before PES had a proper licence for leagues.

3) Hayden Foxe - DMF - Think he was at West Ham at the time, but was a beast in DMF.

4) Roberto Ayala - CB - The Mouse was the worst nickname for my defensive linchpin. A giant in the game.

In the PES2009/2010 I've bought Foggia and Quagliarella.

Quagliarella like in real life has the ability to score some amazing goals:))

Haven't played master league for a long time and I suppose this guy doesn't really count as an unknown or a youth player, but he deserves an honorable mention.

Alvaro Recoba

Yeah Alvaro Recoba - my favorite no.1 !! his left foot was a WEAPON :D
Everytime I started a ML - this was my first signing...
And he was one of the players capable to do the RABONA-SHOT :)

Back
Top Bottom