Am I a lag cheating b@stard?

Ive played abotu 15 games so far. And in about 6 or 7 of them, lag has all of a sudden out of the blue started heavily after ive scored. And as if my magic, once im loosing it all of a sudden stops.

I just got a Belkin pre-n router to see whether that would fix the problem of lag but its made no difference. The only thing i can no think of is to get a shorter cable connecting my ps2 to the router. At the moment im using a 20m cable so gona give a 10m cable a try.

ricflairandy said:
Ive played abotu 15 games so far. And in about 6 or 7 of them, lag has all of a sudden out of the blue started heavily after ive scored. And as if my magic, once im loosing it all of a sudden stops.

Yep,I've noticed that too mate.
It runs fine,you score,it all goes to F**k,they score,its fine again.
Some weird network programming methinks.

I have no problems with lag. I always play only against players that have green con and I can´t complain. Sometimes I even score more goals on my oponnent´s host... so I just don´t understand how you complain about lag since I never had it. Some days ago I was playing with a guy; I scored 5 goals in first half (I was not hosting the game) and scored 1 goal only in the second (I was hosting then). It really doesn´t make any difference to me. However if I play with Yellow or red con I have lag so I always play with green con players.

I always play against someone with the full green arrows aswell and yet even though i understand that i should get some lag in one half when my opponent is hosting i get serious frame-skipping type lag in both halfs.

knh4 said:
I always play against someone with the full green arrows aswell and yet even though i understand that i should get some lag in one half when my opponent is hosting i get serious frame-skipping type lag in both halfs.

Funny you should say that mate.
Per chance,do you use an older(brick)type ps2 console?
A few guys I've played,I have asked if they use the slimline ps2 or the "brick",like mine.
All the guys with the slimline ps2's said I have lagged,yet the older ps2's were fine.
Could it be that the slimline ps2's read data quicker,therefore giving slimline users an advantage???

knh4 said:
Im using one of the older v5 PS2's but that shouldnt really be a problem should it?

To be honest mate,I reckon it does.
It would be interesting to check the specifications of the older machine and the new slimline.
I'm positive that either the data is reading faster on the new slimline(laser drive),or the network function on the slimline is much more reliable than the network adapter on the old machine.
Could anyone with either machines manuals have a little look at the specs,usually towards the last page I would think,and confirm this???
Thanks
Tommy

I see what you mean mate but ive just confirmed it with a mate who has the same brick PS2 v7 with a 2mb connection and he doesnt seem to have too much of a problem.

knh4 said:
I see what you mean mate but ive just confirmed it with a mate who has the same brick PS2 v7 with a 2mb connection and he doesnt seem to have too much of a problem.

Have you tried cleaning your laser???
I usually do mine once a month,just use a cotton bud(q-tip),and some cd lens cleaning solution(just a drop on the tip of the cotton bud).
Be very gentle,just a VERY little pressure,circular.
This may or may not help,but mine is like new after cleaning.
Also check your laser rails,if they dry up,you sometimes get a "tugging" as regards the lasers mobility.
Use a little grease or vasaline to lube the rails.
Good luck mate.

Checked all that stuff and regularly clean the lens with the q-tip method.
Just been playing online on my brothers slimline PS2 and everythings seems to run fine on his. Maybe i just got unlucky.

I believe that Slim PS2 reads data quicker. Some games I made online were much quicker and other games slower, even when I host the game. I even had a game a coupe of days ago with an unusual speed, I couldn´t understand what was happening.

Also I tried to turn off the commentary as it uses less the PS2 lens and cause less lag too. However no way I´m gonna see other gamers with an advantage. I´m going buy a new PS2 slim silver today so I can have faster gameplay! Be sure. I already sold my modded Brick v10 PS2. I want to be on the same level as others players \\:o/

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon it does as well Artist.
A guy I played last night thumped me,6-1.
The whole game was not as much laggy,but really slow.
After the game,I asked what type of console he had,it was a slimline,and he said his game was really fast,but I appeared to have a slower FPS speed.
Time for a slimline methinks.
Was getting bored with "Jambotommy" so last night,I deleted my player file after my hammering.
Now I am "Marooned",I also tried turning off the commentary,and it makes a HUGE difference.
Played 5
Won 4
Drawn 1
Lost 0

I hadn't won a game for 3 nights/15 games(insert shame smiley).
Good luck with the new silver console mate.

Tks dude. Hardware is improved and network interface too possibly so no way I´m gonna get any loss because the game is slow. I want fast game too and I don´t want my oponnents taking advantage. Sometimes I have really slow games too and I can´t make a decent pass or run! Now it´s over, I want to enjoy the online experience the best I can. I admit I am addicted to PES 5 online! :) :) :) :) I never tought I could sell my modded PS2 one day (already sold) and buy a Slim PS2 immediatly but I will Ha Ha Ha I really love this game.

Turning off the commentary really works! It´s a huge difference like you said mate! Sometimes I play with 1star commentary and Trevor just talks when you score or you shoot, it´s cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom