Am I a lag cheating b@stard?

PU6HY

Cymru Am Byth
30 April 2002
Cardiff
Cardiff City
I played a guy named Worldcup on Friday night. He was England so I went my home nation too, which is Wales.
I beat him 1 nil and then at the end I noticed the chat icon displayed so I wait to see what he is writing. I was expecting something like "Well played" as I battered him and should have won by a few more goals.
It pops up and all I had was "You are a cheating Lag B@stard!"
I tell him to grow up and stop being a bad loser.
He replies with something like "Ppl like you spoil online gaming".
He hadn't played many games online (at least he hadn't using the name Worldcup) and it was his first loss (I noticed his stats before I challenged him).

The next game I play, I ask the lad what my connection was like ane he replies that it was Green and had no problems.

I have 2mg Broadband with 2mg downlaod and 512k upload.

Surely this is a good enough connection to be playing this game online? I've never had complaints before but I do notice a slight lag when I'm hosting but it's hardly anything and doesn't spoil the game play one bit.

I've never moanded about playing anybody who has a slight lag as it's expected.
Is it me or do you agree that he is sore losing spoilt little sh1te?

512k is perfectly playable! Some players have 128k upload... So as you can see, you have a great connection for online play. Mine is 4MG down and 256k and I had no complaints yet. I have 32 games, 1 loss, 3 draws and 28 wins with a 12 wins stroke. No disconnects, no cheats, no complains, just 2 ou 3 bad loosers.. and that was what you found in your England Wales.. He was a bad looser. nevermind it and go on. :)

SJP76 said:
...but I do notice a slight lag when I'm hosting ...QUOTE]

What ?? When *YOU'RE* hosting ????

If you notice lag when you're hosting then no wonder your oppenent did !

It is hardly anything. A little tiny stutter now and then when there are lots of players in view. I believe it's when I'm hosting as it was his match room and it happened in the 2nd half.
I was under the impression that if you create the match room, you host the first half?
Maybe his download rate is sh1te.
As stated, my connection is Green for good so if there is a tiny lag, I can't understand why?

SJP76 said:
It is hardly anything. A little tiny stutter now and then when there are lots of players in view. I believe it's when I'm hosting as it was his match room and it happened in the 2nd half.
I was under the impression that if you create the match room, you host the first half?
As stated, my connection is Green for good so if there is a tiny lag, I can't understand why?

That's slowdown, not lag, you'd get that just playing against the computer.

are you downloading or using the internet connection with you pc at the same time. I had one game awhile ago against a random person and one of the pc's in the network was using internet ( i didnt know as i normally always check to make sure its clear) but could see the data traffic in the router ( when it was getting slow/stuttering). That made my side lag and stutter a lot and i have a 6mb download 1 mb upload. Youve got to make sure there is no other traffic on you line, otherwise the upload/download rate you have means nothing. Also even if youre not downloading or on the internet there are numouros prgs running in the background that do use your connection.

On the German server it seems that there are more and more little stupid kids online. Played a few games on friday and I got good connections, don´t dribble around all the time with Ronaldinho or so and when you go "good match" after the final whistle you just get "fcuk you" or something else.
I played one guy (he was France) and he kicked the match off - played it straight to his keeper dribbled to the halfway line. No combinations, no great passing game, just dribbling. I went 1:0 up and at half time I asked him if he could do anything more than just dribble around. His answer was "yeah, you ****". I scored the second goal and then he started to dribble with his keeper all the time and just doing funny things. I didn´t mind and got 2 more goals. I really ask myself why these people play the game then? With 2:0 down, playing as France, you have a chance to come back IF you can PLAY the game.

SJP76 said:
I played a guy named Worldcup on Friday night. He was England so I went my home nation too, which is Wales.
I beat him 1 nil and then at the end I noticed the chat icon displayed so I wait to see what he is writing. I was expecting something like "Well played" as I battered him and should have won by a few more goals.
It pops up and all I had was "You are a cheating Lag B@stard!"
I tell him to grow up and stop being a bad loser.
He replies with something like "Ppl like you spoil online gaming".
He hadn't played many games online (at least he hadn't using the name Worldcup) and it was his first loss (I noticed his stats before I challenged him).

The next game I play, I ask the lad what my connection was like ane he replies that it was Green and had no problems.

I have 2mg Broadband with 2mg downlaod and 512k upload.

Surely this is a good enough connection to be playing this game online? I've never had complaints before but I do notice a slight lag when I'm hosting but it's hardly anything and doesn't spoil the game play one bit.

I've never moanded about playing anybody who has a slight lag as it's expected.
Is it me or do you agree that he is sore losing spoilt little sh1te?

cheat.gif

FD

My computer and PS2 are never on at the same time. I've got a wireless router so has my mate next door. We work for the same company so maybe he's online and we are clashing due to the way our routers are configured by our IT guys.

FD - What does that hand gesture mean? Never seen it before.

I actually have a wireless router upstairs and a wireless network point downstairs where my PS2 is plugged into. Could this be a problem with regard to data transfer delays? I played someone else last night and they mentioned I had a bit of lag.
I haven't switched off my router upstairs for quite a long time. Is it worth powering it off and back on?

My connection speed is more than capable so I can't understand where the lag is coming from. Any advice would be appreciated.

SJP76 said:

YOu know... you can see a room as GREEN>>> and you join, but they can see you as RED>

I've never noticed what my opponents connection is like if they are challenging me. I've looked on the screen where it says there name, playing stats etc. but nothing about connection, or am I blind?

I thought you could only see what somebody's connection is like when entering a match room? ie. I challenge somebody and there's is green but he can't see mine and vice versa.

there is a connection icon to the left of their name when you see the profile of the player

Cheers - I must be blind as I've never noticed it before and I have looked (not close enough it seems).

Some little s*it was having a go at me yesterday an all. I beat him fair and square 2 - 0 and back in the lobby chat window hes telling everyone to avoid playing me cos im a lag cheat.
I do have a big problem with lag though even with a 4mb connection. Every pass or move i make has a 1.5 - 2 sec delay yet i still beat little s*its like this.

I played a kid last night and all he did was tell me how crap I was. I had more possession and a few less shots in the first game and the same amount of shots in the 2nd game.
He's telling me how easy it was playing me when I battered him but he ended up scoring via my keeper not picking the ball up and getting tackled leading to a goal for him and then a Free Kick. I scored a good goal but the little shite beat me. I passed the ball around and all he did was run and dribble with it. I don't mind losing but I can't stand mouthy little pr1cks being disrespectful after the game. There is no need for it.

He didn't complain of any lag though so I don't think there's a problem with my connection.

SJP76 said:
I played a kid last night and all he did was tell me how crap I was. I had more possession and a few less shots in the first game and the same amount of shots in the 2nd game.
He's telling me how easy it was playing me when I battered him but he ended up scoring via my keeper not picking the ball up and getting tackled leading to a goal for him and then a Free Kick. I scored a good goal but the little shite beat me. I passed the ball around and all he did was run and dribble with it. I don't mind losing but I can't stand mouthy little pr1cks being disrespectful after the game. There is no need for it.

He didn't complain of any lag though so I don't think there's a problem with my connection.

That's why I don't even bother with playing online, great addition that it is.

Too many pricks and sore losers out there.

Just get some mates over, get a multitap or two and you will have the best multiplayer experience bar none.

Cheers.

SJP76 said:

I know what you mean mate,its getting like the wild west some nights.
Why there is no report abuse button or swear filter is beyond me.
Konami,please sort this out,its not the first time I've been playing and some loser is "f*ck you" this,and "bast*rd".
So sad.
My son has seen this(by accident)on my screen,whilst passing by the tv,try explaining that to a young boy.
Anyhoo,I won't let them ruin what for me is the best game ever online(ps2).
The worst of it is,that most people on here that have experienced this always say that they must be kids.
At 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning,I very much doubt it.
Adults acting like kids,more the like!!!

jambotommy said:
I know what you mean mate,its getting like the wild west some nights.
Why there is no report abuse button or swear filter is beyond me.
Konami,please sort this out,its not the first time I've been playing and some loser is "f*ck you" this,and "bast*rd".
So sad.
My son has seen this(by accident)on my screen,whilst passing by the tv,try explaining that to a young boy.
Anyhoo,I won't let them ruin what for me is the best game ever online(ps2).
The worst of it is,that most people on here that have experienced this always say that they must be kids.
At 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning,I very much doubt it.
Adults acting like kids,more the like!!!

Now you´re talking! I have to agree! Is completly ridiculous that you are winning a game and the opposite player starts talking about your mom or saying things like "fuck you" or "cock sucker" "fucking lucker". I mean.. as you said... sometimes even at 5 or 6 o clock in the morning there are players that insist in that kind of words, instead of playing the game and trying to win...People just seem to lost their minds when they are loosing, and as you said.. Can I really play Pro Evo Soccer 5 online with kids around? Can I even show them the game and tell them to play? I don´t think so, Konami should put Parental Advisory in the game cover (LOL :lmao: ) or have some protection for the "bad words"!

jiwa said:
That's why I don't even bother with playing online, great addition that it is.

Too many pricks and sore losers out there.

Just get some mates over, get a multitap or two and you will have the best multiplayer experience bar none.

Cheers.

I do that every Friday and Saturday all night long. I play with my friends 2vs2 cups with a multi tap! I really enjoy it, we have some fun and some good times.

However I can tell you I rarely have lag playing online, I really enjoy the experience and jiwa.. trust me... In 3 weeks of online play I improved more then almost 4 months playing with my mates...

For every loser you block there will be ten more waiting to play you ...

One bloke I was playing the other day must have had all of his preset phases as insults in capital letters, which he streamed off constantly throughout the game. These people need executing .. quickly.

thats what i hate about it. i love it when you ply someone and you can actually compliment each others shots and goals. rather than all the pricks who cant take a defeat properly

i got an 20mbit/1mbit connection, but i experience a lot of lag when playing at other guys servers... I read most people dont have lag when playing at all? Is there something i can check my connection with? Ping or something? My online name is DeKoninklijke

Regarding lag i seem to play more and more people and get the second half going absolutely shite for me. Every single time players on my team do things i don't even press for them to do, pass in the wrong direction, run past balls it's so infuriating.

I host most games i play and have a very good connection now, so it must be the people i play. I choose Green connections only but still i get players with lots of lag. I played a lad in the CL competition for here last night who had a yellow connection and it was shocking, the amount of stuff going to bollocks.

Proper soul-destroying stuff games wise!

Agree completely with you mate. This is the reason ive given up on online play for the meanwhile until everythings sortedout properly. Iv myself got a 10mbit connection now and even playing someone with a full green connection i get serious lag.

One of the most idiotic guys I have played didn't even bother to remove the original messages, and typed the insults after them. I was playing with a friend and we both laughed every time he said something. it was like:
Good Shot! YOUR FATHER IS GAY
Yes! I F**** YOUR MOTHER
I play 2 vs 2 a lot, and some people cannot accept defeat. Sad, really...

i guess its just the sukky ps2. Didn't had any problem with the xbox version last year.
I would rather pay some bucks and have a perfect connection than this frustrating shit

RicKs said:
One of the most idiotic guys I have played didn't even bother to remove the original messages, and typed the insults after them. I was playing with a friend and we both laughed every time he said something. it was like:
Good Shot! YOUR FATHER IS GAY
Yes! I F**** YOUR MOTHER
I play 2 vs 2 a lot, and some people cannot accept defeat. Sad, really...

hahaha thats quality. i hate losing online, but i take it like a man...and throw my pad down and turn off my console :)

Back
Top Bottom