Am i the only one who plays gd football then loses to a cutback?

dmxdex2020

Premiership
30 June 2005
England
Arsenal
I dont cutback never have too easy too boring.

I have lost 9 games and won 1 due to someone dc and drawn 4 the 9 i have lost were all due to cutbacks and were all games i dominated with good football and no cutbacks.

Its fustrating seems its the only way you can win online i feel like kicking there heads in dirty scummy bastards lol.

i have one friend who does this online, i dont play online but when ever i play him round my house he always does it he doesent do anything else, im not a bad loser or nething but it just gets soo boring and repetative

i have one friend who does this online, i dont play online but when ever i play him round my house he always does it he doesent do anything else, im not a bad loser or nething but it just gets soo boring and repetative

Since i'm not a native english speaker, could anyone explain exactly what a cutback is?

A cutback is that glitch (some call it a glitch, some call it a part of the game that can be defended against if you spend five minutes before each game preparing your formation) where a player gets to the byline by the edge of the box, passes back to an always-unmarked player and performs a first-time shot, which is always extremely powerful and blasts into the back of the net, giving the goalkeeper no chance of saving it.

I've played games against cutbackers where you can literally give them a one-on-one with the goalkeeper, no defenders around, and they will sit and wait for a teammate to run up the pitch and give them a cutback opportunity instead. The thing is that these guys aren't football fans, they're computer games fans and they know what method will give them goals 99 times out of 100. They're not there to play football, they're there to pump up their gamerscore. It's crap but unfortunately gaming is popular now and that's what you get. You get people who play Forza Motorsport and know nothing about cars, but they will win because they know how to smash you into the barriers and damage your engine. It's not racing but they still win, and that's what it's all about for most games players. They don't even like racing, but if it raises their gamerscore then what the hell, they'll spend $$$ on it and infuriate the fans.

That's what online gaming is now, unfortunately, and that's why I think a gamerscore is a bad idea (and why I love FIFA 08's mini-league with friends who you can kick out if they cheat idea).

Last edited:
A cutback is that glitch (some call it a glitch, some call it a part of the game that can be defended against if you spend five minutes before each game preparing your formation) where a player gets to the byline by the edge of the box, passes back to an always-unmarked player and performs a first-time shot, which is always extremely powerful and blasts into the back of the net, giving the goalkeeper no chance of saving it.

So it's what i thought it was, but wasn't sure.

I don't play online, only with mates. I do that sometimes, but a friend of mine does that all the time. That and acting like the Hulk with Adriano. Gets on my nerves really.

I only play online (PES6, PS3) and most of the players you meet use this method. I never have and never will either. In my opinion it is as good as cheating and hopefully should be removed from PES2007.

The worst combination is Inter or Brazil in a laggy first half against a cuntbacker. Frustrating and infuriating are not harsh enough words.

EDIT: I spelt the word cutbacker wrong, but I like it so I'll leave it.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your spelling mate, you were right first time. I play pro evo 6 online on my ps3 and hate the Inter, Brazil cutback merchants, somebody must know how to get rid of these wankers, plus, i played someone the other night, he was celta vigo, in his team he had lampard, ronaldo, adriano...how did that occur?? i got battered of course.

Nothing wrong with your spelling mate, you were right first time. I play pro evo 6 online on my ps3 and hate the Inter, Brazil cutback merchants, somebody must know how to get rid of these wankers, plus, i played someone the other night, he was celta vigo, in his team he had lampard, ronaldo, adriano...how did that occur?? i got battered of course.

LOL. Didn't you hear about the massive transfers? :lmao:
/end sarcasm

So what do you have to do to do this? I'm going to do it against my friend, I've never heard of this...Set a specific formation or strategy?

I will have the word cuntbacker in my online comments on ps2, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom