Everton Thread

Blue4life

Banned
23 December 2006
Ireland
The Mighty Everton f.c.
champs-1.jpg

newefccopy.png

Everton are the peoples club , The people on the streets of liverpool support everton.....David Moyes :applause:

Last edited:
Re: All new Everton thread

Welcome all Evertonians and everyone else for that matter (even the little people who live under the big three lol) Lets celebrate all things Everton and if you dont like us state your case instead of sad pathetic lil jibes that i normally resort too....

Despite the opposition's pressure, the Everton defence stood firm and the game was over for sure after Lee Carsley's long-range effort was only parryed by Reina. However, as the Spaniard attempted to keep the ball from crossing the goal line, Johnson rushed in to prod home for his second, capitalising on some calamitous 'keeping. The look of one lonely Liverpool fan in the family enclosure epitomized the match entirely for the visitors as Everton routed their neighbours.

Everton have now taken ten points from a possible twelve, and David Moyes will enjoy being top of the table, for a few hours at least.

Final Score

Everton 3-0 Liverpool
top of the table eh , least one team on moysieside got there this season

Last edited:

mate theres lots to say we are one of the founder teams of the football league with wolves and villa etc , we have been in the top flight longer than any othe team , hence thats why we stand at the top of the all-time english league

Club Honours

Football League Record
1888 Founder Member of the Football League. 1930-31 Division 2, 1931-51 Division 1, 1951-54 Division 2, 1954-92 Division 1, 1992-Present FA Premier League.
Division 1 Champions
1890-91, 1914-15, 1927-28, 1931-32, 1938-39, 1962-63, 1969-70, 1984-85, 1986-87.

Runners-Up
1889-90, 1894-95, 1901-02, 1904-05, 1908-09, 1911-12, 1985-86.

Division 2 Champions
1930-31.

Runners-Up
1953-54.

FA Cup Winners
1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995.

Runners-Up
1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989.
Charity Shield Winners
1928, 1932, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1995, Shared 1986.

League Cup Runners-Up
1976-77, 1983-84.

European Cup-Winners' Cup Winners
1984-85.

FA Youth Cup Winners
1965, 1984, 1998.

Last edited:

mate theres lots to say we are one of the founder teams of the football league with arsenal and villa etc , we have been in the top flight longer than any othe team , hence thats why we stand at the top of the all-time english league

Arsenal are not a founder member of the football league, just wanted to correct you on that one.

Re: Everton thread

Everton are the peoples club , The people on the streets of liverpool support everton.....David Moyes

Despite the opposition's pressure, the Everton defence stood firm and the game was over for sure after Lee Carsley's long-range effort was only parryed by Reina. However, as the Spaniard attempted to keep the ball from crossing the goal line, Johnson rushed in to prod home for his second, capitalising on some calamitous 'keeping. The look of one lonely Liverpool fan in the family enclosure epitomized the match entirely for the visitors as Everton routed their neighbours.

Everton have now taken ten points from a possible twelve, and David Moyes will enjoy being top of the table, for a few hours at least.

Final Score

Everton 3-0 Liverpool
top of the table eh , least one team on moysieside got there this season

"I usually just put one finger up signaling a goal, but, it being the kop end, two fingers automatically went up.
kevin sheedy after scoring against the red shite

Liverpool’s inconsistency from past seasons came back to haunt them in the 204th Merseyside derby as the strength and pace of Andrew Johnson taunted the Reds’ defence, contributing to a thumping defeat against their nearest rivals.

Blue4life everything about you epitomizes your club - sad, bitter, small, pathetic, obsessive etc.

I'm glad you've opened a bitters thread, we now have somewhere to post all the garbage. Cheers :cheers:

bitterws2.jpg

so if anyone got any good wallpapers of the toffees feel free to post here .....lol i new the little people who live under the big two would be here in a flash everton = humour red shite = bitter he he

It's not as bad as Tesco's own though... Not that I've ever drunk the stuff.

Re: Nil Satis Nisi Optinum

everton.gif

What was your fav kit, personally i love the 1978 kit as thats the year i became an Evertonian! aged 7 years old ....30 years later still lovin it....

Everton history

THE CHAMPIONS
As football became more popular in the industrial towns of northern and central England, the clubs realised the need for an organized league. When The Football League was formed in 1888, Everton were one of the 12 founding members.

Everton's first league match was played against Accrington and Everton won by 2-1. G Fleming scored both goals. Attendance was over 10,000.
Champions 1891

After the "undefeatable" Preston North End had won the first two championships, Everton grabbed the third in 1890-91 over a series of 22 matches. The influential players were half-back Johnny Holt ("The Little Devil"); intelligent light-weight inside-left, Edgar Chadwick; and the never-say-die outside-left, Alfred Milward. Chadwick and Milward formed perhaps the most lethal left-side partnership of their era. In addition, there was the top scorer, Fred Geary (center-forward). All of these were capped in the English national team of the period.
Edgar Chadwick

Of the other good players, two deserve mention, although they only played one full season with Everton. In the League's first season, Everton had perhaps the best defender of his era, Nick Ross, who died of a lung disease when he was 31. The other outstanding player was Jack Southworth, who joined Everton a few years after the first championship. Southworth still holds one club record Everton: in the 1893-94 season he scored six goals in a home match against West Bromwich, and 16 goals in seven matches.

There was a radical change in the club's history in summer 1892, when the team moved away from Anfield ... to Goodison Park.

wee joke for ya!

Two OAP's are giving oral sex to eachother,when the old chap says,"Jeeze,i can't stay down there.......it stinks!".The old dear replies,"oh i'm sorry,that'll be the arthritis!".Chap says,"What!,in ya fanny?".Old dear replies,"No,.....in my arm,....i can't wipe my _arse!".
:lmao: :lmao: \\:o/ :lol: :lol:

Re: Everton Thread

what happened to all the RS saying "we can still win it" and weres gerrard spittin out crap not heard much from them recently?

its probaly with them being such a big club - his voice is lost in the wilderness! ......ha....\\:o/

So what's happening that will take Everton up to challenge for a CL place?
All you seem to be posting is history. West Brom and Huddersfield have a lot of honours but look at them now.

Think ive anoyed some liverpool men, anyway i thought there was banter between the two clubs , well actually i know there still is but things arent as friendly as they were in the eighties and ninetys with these new kids now a days , still not to worry....thirty years an Evertonian ....\\:o/

Tim Howard has spoken exclusively to evertonTV of his delight at agreeing a five year deal with the Blues.

The US international has proved a key member of David Moyes' side since his arrival on a season-long loan from Manchester United last summer.

After seeing him keep 11 clean sheets from 27 appearances, the Everton chief has taken advantage of a Premier League guideline that allows extended loans to become permanent deals by securing Howard's services until 2012.

Everton have agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester United for the 27-year-old keeper, who has been delighted with his time at Goodison since making the switch from Old Trafford.

Speaking to evertonTV ahead of Everton's departure from Liverpool for a training camp in Spain, Howard said: "I am happy that it is all done and I can look to the future. I have been doing that anyway, but it's really nice to just get my head down and know that it is sorted and we can keep going forward.

"It is a fantastic club. Obviously Man Utd is a wonderful club too. It just happened that the timing was right to do this and that chapter is over; this one is beginning and I am delighted.

"I hope to win every week. We don't always get that right but I try and put my best effort in, as do the fans and as do my teammates so as long as we are all on the same page I think we'll all be happy.

"I was drawn to the club for a lot of reasons and one of them was because of the players and the way they received me, so hopefully that can continue."

Everton are on the verge of great things.

313188-1474292-458-238.jpg

Alan Stubbs reckons Andy Johnson is more than capable of scoring 15 goals this season.

The striker's goal against Blackburn was his tenth of the campaign and now Stubbs believes Johnson can reach 15 goals by May - at the very least.

"Without putting pressure on him, he looks like he is going to be a comfortable 15 goals-a-season man," said Stubbs.

"It would be wrong to set him any targets but 15 has got to be the smallest figure he is aiming for.

"I’m sure he is more than capable of doing that and we have struggled for someone to score 20 goals per season. We need someone to do that regularly and hopefully Andy will be the man to do it. I think he has been very unfortunate not to have more than the 10 he has at the minute."

A regular penalty taker at previous club Crystal Palace, AJ has taken - and scored - just one spot kick for Everton, leaving Mikel Arteta and James Beattie to assume the responsibility.

"Normally you would expect him to be on penalties but we have got some very good penalty takers here already.

"Strikers are judged on goals and Andy should definitely be happy with the way things are going for him. We are playing well and he is doing the business. He’s getting better. One thing you have to say about him is that he’s a great finisher."

Back
Top Bottom