analog vs dpad

• analog

Votes: 90 43.3%
  • dpad

Votes: 118 56.7%

• Total voters
Neither, I use this:

unbranded-playstation-football-mat.jpg

D-Pad. It is almost impossible to gain control of some moves (Matthews feint, V-Feint, slow precise dribbling...) with the analog stick.

Plus, I'm an old-fashioned player. ISS Deluxe on the SNES had no analog stick... ;)

Analog.

I only use the d-pad for menu's and set pieces. I trained myself to do all the moves perfectly(well except the move where I have to double tap a specific direction). I prefer it for the extra comfort; makes play 15 minute ML matches much better.

D-Pad. It is almost impossible to gain control of some moves (Matthews feint, V-Feint, slow precise dribbling...) with the analog stick.

Plus, I'm an old-fashioned player. ISS Deluxe on the SNES had no analog stick... ;)

exactly the same for me, (the snes d-pad was/is GREAT)

but also, i think that analogue its the future :8):

That's never happened to me on analogue.

I prefer analogue as it let's me play an infinite number of matches in a row ;)

Never happened to me either. And it shouldn't be possible unless there is something wrong with the pad you are using. The transition between directions is immediate when using the analogue (there is nothing in the game and how it recognizes analoog sticks that can cause it so to speak).

I Play PES PC with the big Xbox1 pad (R2 is missing from the right shoulder, but I never feel comfortable using 2 fingers on the shoulders anyways, I end up using the index finger between R1 and R2 so I can press both buttons with one finger).

Last edited:
iv always used the d-pad n i can use it for hours upon hours n my thumb never hurts - n no i dnt hav a great piece of hard skin there either. u guys who find it hurts must press way too hard, probably cos u feel pressure alot when playing lol! :D

I agreed that dpad is the classic since i start all the way from we3 (france98) but the problem arises after each newer version. The defend becomes more sloppy (ball rolling back to attacker) and its too risky trying to pay cat-mouse chasing game with the dpad or even hurt your thumb pretty bad after few hrs playing. Im thinking about switching to analog too unless Konami fix their stupid sloppy defending system. In real life defender always has more advantage over attacker.

in next versions, everybody will have to swtich to analog, when they implement 360 movement and -analog player movement- (i mean, the more you move the stick, the faster the player runs, and so)

but for now, the d/pad its better, in fact the game is designed to be used with it.

Analog, because thats what I'm used to. I tried to convert to d-pad playing, but after a few days I just gave up. With some training I feel I have 100% control using analog.

Kind of off topic, do you guys use manual short passes often?
If so when?

Very occassionally. SOmetimes there is an obvious passing opportunity, but I know the game will screw it up if I use :x: (too little power usually).

I just wish they would add the powerbar to the :x: pass and make it possible to use that for analog passing aswell.

Back
Top Bottom