• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

ANALOG X D-PAD

omimiga

Conference
Is it really better to play WE9 with ANALOG?? Many people say that you can run faster, drible better, shot better with analog stick... I tried a little but I found very difficult to defend well, I couldn't steal balls with R1+R2 because it's hard to position the player exactly in front of the opposition... also passing took a while to adjust well and I still lost many passes...

Should I make the conversion? Abandon D-pad and try to adapt with analog?
Does it worth?

blayzzz

Non-League
20 February 2003
After playing WE9 from a 5 month break, I switched from dpad to analog and Im finding it more fluid, feels better using analog.

Mauras

Premiership
7 October 2002
Just made the change and:

- Analog is less favoured than in previous versions but it's STILL FAVOURED over d-pad. It's stupid but true.

- Players are more reactive when dribbling and react more quiclky. Set pieces are much easier and shots go a lot more were you want them too.

This is one of the most stupid issues with PES. Having 2 control modes is ok and democratic, having one deliver a lot better than the other it's just incompetence.

PetrovLFC

Raul!
13 March 2005
NW London
Liverpool
Piggyback guide says D=pad is better, and I have to agree. Much more control, and they also state that its quicker, more precise, just harder to defend with.

I've never got used to the analogue.

omimiga

Conference
harder to defend? I find it a lot easier to defend than with analog... that's my only difficult playing analog: impossible to use supercancel and take the ball of a player.. I can't direct him exactly...

Top Bottom