Anecdotes regarding the world of football

total

International
10 December 2005
Slovenia
Arsenal/OGC Nice
Ok, let's make a Football Discussion a little bit mire entertaining than it allready is, shall we?

I'll start with anecdote about Juventus kits:

Why are Juve kits black and white?
When Juventus was established they had pink (:mrgreen: ) kits, because they were way more cheaper. Their kit maker was from England and when they ordered kits for a new season the company sent them wrong kits...white with black stripes (or is it black with white stripes?). The club didn't have money to send the kits back and so they ended up wearing the colors they still use.

I was watching Stockport County in the 89/90 season when they were in the old 4th division. We were doing well and had 3 players called Williams at the time.Bill Williams - 6ft white defender, Paul Williams - 6 ft 4 striker and Paul Williams 5ft 5 black defender. Our striker paul Williams was scoring every game. We got a call from Bobby Gould at WBA that they were interested in Paul Williams and how much would he be. Our manager at the time jokingly said 250,000 (a lot then for that division, and us). He called back later and said I have bad news... we want him. He went to WBA and was crap. I think he only scored 1 goal. They got relegated and Gould got sacked. We got promoted so we were in the same division the next year. Bobby Gould went to Coventry. Ironically Williams scored his only goal that season against us.
The funny thing happened a few months later. We got a call from Bobby Gould. He wanted to buy Paul Williams(again). this time, the short black defender Paul Williams. First time round, he'd bought the wrong one.

about 1991, I went to a stag do in Birmingham with my mate and his dad. While we were there, I saw his dad talking to this really good looking girl (well out of my league) and then saw him pointing to me. They both came over and he told me that she was a bit of a groupie and wanted to meet Ryan Giggs. Apparently she'd shagged pop and sports stars before and 'collected' them. His dad told her that I was from Manchester and knew him. He winked at me and I started to spin a tale about how my younger brother was Giggsy best mate and I could arrange a meeting. To cut a long story short, I ended up shagging her myself at the end of the night. As far as I know, she never met Ryan Giggs.

Thank You Ryan 8)

Back
Top Bottom